Repeal the 8th: Radical anti-choice group now targets LGBTQ venues

Wascurito

Okay. I don't get the logic of the anti-choice groups anyway. However, I really don't get the logic of targeting places around Dublin where LGBTQ people meet up. Leaving aside the Bs (bisexuals, dahling) who might indeed engage in a spot of reproduction every now and again, you'd be hard put to find another group who'd be be less likely to need a pregnancy termination.

More here:
GCN: Protesters Defend The George From Anti-Abortion Group's Continued Attack On Queer Spaces

PS: Moderators, a forum for the Repeal the 8th referendum would be nice.

Wascurito

Surprise surprise - the anti-choice folks are using a lot of anti-information.

"@RadQueersResist Radical Queers Resist
The ICBR are a group of hardline anti-choice 'activists' who use graphic and upsetting images of miscarriages and second- and third-trimester abortions to scare people into becoming 'pro-life'"
https://twitter.com/RadQueersResist/status/986894670495145985

Spanner Island

Have a look at the Dale Winton thread and it'll all make sense. Or look at any thread in which Varadkar is either the subject or features prominently etc.

For a significant cohort on this forum sexual orientation is an obsession.

They cannot get through a day without obsessing about it and fuming about what other people get up to between the sheets.

Hopefully this forum is an oddity - hopefully the same percentage of people in the 'real' world aren't obsessed with this... because on here it is as relentless as it is pathetic.

I suspect such people view those who are anything other than heterosexuals as deviants who undermine the moral fabric of this and other societies.

This is why I suspect LGBTQ venues would be targeted by such people if that is what is happening.

They need to be ignored for the most part.

Gin Soaked

Revenge for those dirty homos having their relationships acknowledged as loving and valued by 2/3rds of the population.

Gin Soaked

Hopefully the odious behaviours continue.

The more they act like the bigots they claim they are not, the better.

Roll_On

It's an odd one alright. A significant proportion of the lgbt populace will be voting No, it's not a gay rights issue, I'm not seeing what the link is.

Sync

It's an odd one alright. A significant proportion of the lgbt populace will be voting No, it's not a gay rights issue, I'm not seeing what the link is.
It seems weird to be targeting the demographic least likely to be having abortions.

Wascurito

Have a look at the Dale Winton thread and it'll all make sense. Or look at any thread in which Varadkar is either the subject or features prominently etc.

For a significant cohort on this forum sexual orientation is an obsession.

They cannot get through a day without obsessing about it and fuming about what other people get up to between the sheets.

Hopefully this forum is an oddity - hopefully the same percentage of people in the 'real' world aren't obsessed with this... because on here it's relentless.

I suspect such people view those who are anything other than heterosexuals as deviants who undermine the moral fabric of this and other societies.

This is why I suspect LGBTQ venues would be targeted by such people if that is what is happening.

They need to be ignored for the most part.
Oh, I know. That cohort will be with us for some time to come. They seem to assume that all LGBTQ people are pro-choice. I think that's being simplistic but one thing is for sure, their antics will alienate any floating voters from that community.

stopdoingstuff

It seems weird to be targeting the demographic least likely to be having abortions.
It is because of their likely role of providers of support and empathy to post-procedure females. Providing support and empathy for those who are suffering is deeply sinful.

Finbar10

PS: Moderators, a forum for the Repeal the 8th referendum would be nice.
I think this is the very first referendum, since I've been on this site (going all the way back to Lisbon I), that hasn't gotten its own forum (excluding "B side" referendums like the Presidential age referendum held on the same day as the "A side" SSM one). Would make sense to corral all the threads into one place.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

It is because of their likely role of providers of support and empathy to post-procedure females. Providing support and empathy for those who are suffering is deeply sinful.
Everything is deeply sinful so my moral compass is completely off kilter.

As such, I shall be travelling to Belorus in the next few days to drink, philander, fornicate, carouse and then hunting the most dangerous predator of all.......

Squirrels with adamantium claws.

Erudite Caveman

So, fear not - Radical Queers Resist is here to save us from hardcore bead-rattlers.

There really are far too many people in this country with far too little to occupy their minds.

Wascurito

Wascurito

I think this is the very first referendum, since I've been on this site (going all the way back to Lisbon I), that hasn't gotten its own forum (excluding "B side" referendums like the Presidential age referendum held on the same day as the "A side" SSM one). Would make sense to corral all the threads into one place.
It would. It's a bit strange having them scattered around all over the place.

Wascurito

So, fear not - Radical Queers Resist is here to save us from hardcore bead-rattlers.

There really are far too many people in this country with far too little to occupy their minds.
The ICBR (Irish Centre for Bead Rattling**) seems to be two women and a guy in a wheelchair.

**spelling? :)

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Many seem to congregate here.

I am only here on a fact finding mission. I booked myself into a 5 star hotel with full mini bar and will report back my findings when its empty. petunia

Finbar10

It would. It's a bit strange having them scattered around all over the place.
Yes, and the posts and threads will be only ramping up in terms of frequency too from now on. I guess stringjack would be the one to make the call on a forum. However, his modding seems to be occurring in fits and starts lately (comes in and heavily moderates a thread often a week or two after the fact), so maybe he's just not around the place all that much.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Many seem to congregate here.

I am only here on a fact finding mission. I booked myself into a 5 star hotel with full mini bar and will report back my findings when its empty.

Last edited:

flavirostris

Zoo

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies