Repeal the 8th (Second Thread)

MsDaisyC

You are correct abortion is just a simple medical procedure. No risks no repercussions and only occurs when the woman's or child life is in danger. It does not involve killing a life, it does not happen when child birth may interfere with holiday or career plans and as women have no right to choose before conception there should be no arguments / even discussion about it. It is just like a tooth filling..
Yup. Welcome to the 21st century.

rainmaker

Administrator
You are correct abortion is just a simple medical procedure. No risks no repercussions and only occurs when the woman's or child life is in danger. It does not involve killing a life, it does not happen when child birth may interfere with holiday or career plans and as women have no right to choose before conception there should be no arguments / even discussion about it. It is just like a tooth filling..
Or you could try arguing with what a poster actually said instead of the pro life cliches you hysterically typed out in an emotional rage.

Also while doing so keep in mind one little inarguable fact - you lost mightily.

Buchaill Dana

Or you could try arguing with what a poster actually said instead of the pro life cliches you hysterically typed out in an emotional rage.

Also while doing so keep in mind one little inarguable fact - you lost mightily.
It is interesting that its just rinse and repeat. They didn't even win over people who are anti abortion with that line, what is the point of it?

omgsquared

It is interesting that its just rinse and repeat. They didn't even win over people who are anti abortion with that line, what is the point of it?
I am not trying to win over anyone. I would not have voted for the 8th amendment in the first place so appealing it was not an issue with me. I believe abortion is abhorrent but probably necessary in many cases. I also believe taking human life is abhorrent but also necessary at times. but am against the death penalty . I have been involved in front line combat and am familiar with the necessity to take human life.
What does make me wonder about some people is the fact that the repeal of the 8th campaign was mainly argued on the case for risk to life, fetal abnormalities etc,
However I can recall one IT journalist as an example who was given half a page to state why she had had two abortions. both as far as I recall because the pregnancy was inconvenient for her career.
Now taking of any human life reduces the respect for human life in society. When euthanasia is eventually introduced then hopefully it will be in the 22nd century ,
I am pleased the 8th amendment was repealed by saddened by the way the campaign was managed on all sides, by the the inappropriate and over the top celebration by some after the results were announced and the fact that in the long term the campaign will do nothing to reduce the numbers of unwanted pregnancies.

petaljam

I am not trying to win over anyone. I would not have voted for the 8th amendment in the first place so appealing it was not an issue with me. I believe abortion is abhorrent but probably necessary in many cases. I also believe taking human life is abhorrent but also necessary at times. but am against the death penalty . I have been involved in front line combat and am familiar with the necessity to take human life.
What does make me wonder about some people is the fact that the repeal of the 8th campaign was mainly argued on the case for risk to life, fetal abnormalities etc,
However I can recall one IT journalist as an example who was given half a page to state why she had had two abortions. both as far as I recall because the pregnancy was inconvenient for her career.
Now taking of any human life reduces the respect for human life in society. When euthanasia is eventually introduced then hopefully it will be in the 22nd century ,
I am pleased the 8th amendment was repealed by saddened by the way the campaign was managed on all sides, by the the inappropriate and over the top celebration by some after the results were announced and the fact that in the long term the campaign will do nothing to reduce the numbers of unwanted pregnancies.
No you appear to be trying to rerun the repeal referendum. Sorry, you're a couple of years too late.

Buchaill Dana

V
Can you link to these alleged celebrations

Emily Davison

The "over the top celebration" was a few young girls hugging/crying on what was a hugely emotional day. Get over yourself.
In my own much older case it was relief. That Irish women would never again have to take the boat/plane. Never have to lie to their doctors. Never have to pretend to the health service that they had not had an abortion. But mostly, that no Irish women ever again has to worry that she will be told in a Catholic country your life is less important than your pregnancy.

We didn't celebrate. That's a lie. By that poster and others. We cried with relief and joy that Ireland finally grew up. That the nation came with us and understood. Nobody celebrates an abortion. That's another disgusting lie. It's an exceedingly difficult decision for women.

omgsquared

In my own much older case it was relief. That Irish women would never again have to take the boat/plane. Never have to lie to their doctors. Never have to pretend to the health service that they had not had an abortion. But mostly, that no Irish women ever again has to worry that she will be told in a Catholic country your life is less important than your pregnancy.

We didn't celebrate. That's a lie. By that poster and others. We cried with relief and joy that Ireland finally grew up. That the nation came with us and understood. Nobody celebrates an abortion. That's another disgusting lie. It's an exceedingly difficult decision for women.
PI ma sure it may be hard for someone and less hard for others

Lord Talbot

Fruitcakes still don't understand what those people are celebrating.

Happily it doesn't matter now.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Less babbeh around, more ice-cream for us. Up here for thinking, down there for dancing.

omgsquared

No batein' quares to death, no rapin' the missus, no locking up sluts as slaves and selling their babies, no priests let bugger kids anymore. What a pit of despair, eh?
No its absolute Utopia in the 21st Century. Yet all indicators show the opposite. But it is Ok as we are all so liberal and free ...

MsDaisyC

No its absolute Utopia in the 21st Century. Yet all indicators show the opposite. But it is Ok as we are all so liberal and free ...
Do they? Which indicators?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom