Report on 1972 Claudy bombings released by Police Ombudsman

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
Stormy week ahead, the report on the Claudy bombings is out on Tuesday. According to RTE " RTÉ News understands the Ombudsman's report is going to cause grave embarrassment for the Catholic Church and the British government." Notice the words British government. I suppose Brit Citizen, Cruimh etc will be silent as Her Majesty Govt could be involved in a cover up ??

RTÉ News: Claudy bombing findings to be released

Cruimh

Stormy week ahead, the report on the Claudy bombings is out on Tuesday. According to RTE " RTÉ News understands the Ombudsman's report is going to cause grave embarrassment for the Catholic Church and the British government." Notice the words British government. I suppose Brit Citizen, Cruimh etc will be silent as Her Majesty Govt could be involved in a cover up ??

Not the brightest, are you - I've repeatedly pointed out that Whitelaw met the Cardinal Conway .....

Luigi Vampa

It's retaliation for the Bloody Sunday Report, and It'll be a loyalist conspiracy theorists wet dream. They love playing the victim.

British Citizen

picador

It's retaliation for the Bloody Sunday Report, and It'll be a loyalist conspiracy theorists wet dream. They love playing the victim.
How many loyalists were killed at Claudy?

SevenStars

Waging armed struggle is difficult and messy....Lets hope that patriotic priest who has smeared by scum gets his name cleared.

SevenStars

The victims were the innocent people killed and maimed that day Luigi.
Victims ultimately of the British occupation.

picador

I think the Provisional IRA and its political wing should be in for a fair bit of embarrassment too.

picador

Victims ultimately of the British occupation.
If I went out and stabbed a Prod tonight - and believe me I have no intetnion of doing so - would you also say that?

picador

Waging armed struggle is difficult and messy....Lets hope that patriotic priest who has smeared by scum gets his name cleared.
That is just such a mad comment on so many levels. I recommend you walk away from the computer.

British Citizen

Cruimh

Did we not establish she's a Dub yet? Are we in secondary school?
Give it a rest factual....Im half Irish and probably not all at all if you want to be a celtic purist about it.

http://www.politics.ie/2929645-post139.html

Damon my mam isnt Irish and my dad isnt Irish by some standards..And most of adult years have been spent outside here....

http://www.politics.ie/2929784-post352.html

Yes I can. I feel more at home in Germany than I do in Ireland. Im going to go back there as soon as I can.

http://www.politics.ie/2929047-post91.html

She's a silly German bourgeois pseudo-intellectual playing at being a revolutionary.

picador

I'll be interested to hear what MMG has to say - after all Claudy was his back yard at the time. Or will that Code of Honour come into play again ?
Just a bit of an exaggeration there, cruimh. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies