Reports of "concentration camps" for gay people in Chechnya

Drogheda445

Several people claiming to be detainees of camps set up for homosexuals in Chechnya have come forward and described their experiences, some of them fairly horrific.

Gay men being tortured and murdered in Chechen prisons, claim detainees | The Independent

Up to 100 (and possibly more) have been detained in these camps and 3 are so far reported to have been killed, likely tortured to death.

The republic's government, led by Ramzan Kadyrov, which has pursued a strongly Islamist political trend in recent years, has denied the rumours by claiming that Chechnya has no gay people.

Horrific if true, and certainly serves to highlight the sheer barbarism perpetrated by Islamist governments towards minorities. That Putin (the supposed enemy of ISIS and Islamist terror) has seemingly acquiesced in this is even more despicable.

Dame_Enda

.....The republic's government, led by Ramzan Kadyrov, which has pursued a strongly Islamist political trend in recent years, has denied the rumours by claiming that Chechnya has no gay people.....
Former Iranian President Ahmadinejad said the same thing about Iran.

ainm_eile

Several people claiming to be detainees of camps set up for homosexuals in Chechnya have come forward and described their experiences, some of them fairly horrific.

Gay men being tortured and murdered in Chechen prisons, claim detainees | The Independent

Up to 100 (and possibly more) have been detained in these camps and 3 are so far reported to have been killed, likely tortured to death.

The republic's government, led by Ramzan Kadyrov, which has pursued a strongly Islamist political trend in recent years, has denied the rumours by claiming that Chechnya has no gay people.

Horrific if true, and certainly serves to highlight the sheer barbarism perpetrated by Islamist governments towards minorities. That Putin (the supposed enemy of ISIS and Islamist terror) has seemingly acquiesced in this is even more despicable.
Like the Provos, the Chechens under Kadyrov were able to force the Russians into giving them substantial concessions, even though they technically "lost". As Russia weakens due to low oil prices and pressure from NATO, Kadyrov will constantly push the boundaries to wrangle more authority from Moscow.

Telstar 62

Our Castro fans didn't seem to have a problem with 'icon'
Che Guevara throwing Gays into concentration camps....

raspberry tea

at least in chechnya they dont chuck them off tall buidlings like in the middle east in front of their lovely tolerant moderate muslim friends....

silverharp

at least in chechnya they dont chuck them off tall buidlings like in the middle east in front of their lovely tolerant moderate muslim friends....
Chechnya is a muslim country

A Voice

I'm just back from a Not In My Name demo about this, organised by IMPIC, the Clonskeagh Mosque and the Muslim Students' Association.

What do you mean, what am I smoking??

Last edited:

USER1234

No they just kidnap you for being who you are, take you to a secret concentration camp where they beat, torture and murder you, not telling anybody what's happened to you so your family and friends suffers as well

That's so much better!![/sarc

Wagmore

Wonder will Colm O Gorman intervene?Wait are prisoners still part of Amnesty's job-spec?

silverharp

I'm just back from a Not In My Name demo about this, organised by IMPIC, the Clonskeagh Mosque and the Muslim Studentt's Association.

What do you mean, what am I smoking??
gets any photos of the sisters protesting separately :D

GDPR

Bizarrely, enough Ramzan thinks Putin is "gorgeous."

According to his entry in Wikipedia, anyway.

"Putin is gorgeous. He thinks more about Chechyna than any other republic. When my father was murdered he came and went to the cemetery in person. Putin has stopped the war. Putin should be made president for life. Strong rule is needed. Democracy is an American fabrication ... Russians never obey their laws."

Does he post here, by any chance? petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies