Reports that a tribe of 600 Irish Travellers desecrated and sacked the German town of Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, thoughts ?

General Urko

But let's not forget that we would have a very small underclass indeed, if we didn't have such an utterly delinquent ruling class in this country.
The nax at the top and the nax at the bottom are the exact same thing, except that the nax at the top are actually much more dangerous and enjoy much more police protection and are even more above the law and completely unaccountable!

GDPR

The only discrimination is by the Knacks themselves.
Are terms like "knacks," "******************************************" and "kikes" allowed on this site?

Well, it seems the one about black people isn't anyway.

GDPR

The nax at the top and the nax at the bottom are the exact same thing, except that the nax at the top are actually much more dangerous and enjoy much more police protection and are even more above the law and completely unaccountable!
True, but one usually doesn't look to the lumpenproletariat in any country for leadership.

GDPR

I count two Traveller women among my friends and I dont use that word lightly, and they have depths to their personalities that The ISIS Times readership couldnt even imagine people having, there is a lot about being human that no amount of formal education can give someone. Travellers often have an instinctive understanding of and reverence for important values like bravery, loyality and duty which the overly civilized sadly often lack even a recognition of.

Half Nelson

The Germans really do have to re-learn the art of self defense. At present, they are the victims of every half ársed gobshíte who decides to beat, rob, rape and murder them. They need to get over this fake WW2 guilt trip and start acting as men and women with back bones.
The guilt trip is laid on the German people from kindergarten upwards. It's a big part of their 'education'.
It's no wonder they've lost their instinct for self-defense.

greengoose2

I count two Traveller women among my friends and I dont use that word lightly, and they have depths to their personalities that The ISIS Times readership couldnt even imagine people having, there is a lot about being human that no amount of formal education can give someone. Travellers often have an instinctive understanding of and reverence for important values like bravery, loyality and duty which the overly civilized sadly often lack even a recognition of.
You forgot to mention honesty, cleanliness, sociability, kindness, respect and more!

Gin Soaked

Travellers often have an instinctive understanding of and reverence for important values like bravery, loyality and duty which the overly civilized sadly often lack even a recognition of.
Bravery, loyalty and duty are often misplaced and abused by parasitic family members....

Both a traveller and non traveller issue, but the contagion (feuds), seem to blight travellers. Non traveller feuds just result in estrangement.

I ignore drug gang feuds. That is just thuggery and turf.

Bleu Poppy

This story is a few weeks old and has been reported previously elsewhere. There must have been some angst in the Irish Times editorial room while they debated whether to run it.
Seeing as how August Fifteenth (15th) is a mere five (5) days past, how can this story be a few weeks old?

Bleu Poppy

I would love if somebody could tell me where The Irish State discriminates against travellers, whatever about some individual Irish people doing it!
The only thing, I can think off is Fascist Phil's communication to some constituents telling them none would be settled beside them!
Careful now.

Phil has already won substantial damages, and had apologies issued over that false allegation.

Therightroad

The germans should consider themselves lucky their only passing through,Travellers are allowed do what they want in Ireland by the authorities .... many Irish towns like Longford, Mullingar, Tuam, Tralee are write offs at this stage .....Its all Travellers rights nothing about the Law Abiding peoples rights.....

Therightroad

The only discrimination is by the Knacks themselves. They have the same access to education, medical treatment, housing, etc etc. They choose to live in caravans, not to send their kids to school and to live separately from society. The days of giving them special treatment and providing halting sites should end. They rarely ''travel'' anywhere so a halting site is just a separate housing estate, which costs a fortune to maintain because they destroy them. The likes of SF would give them even more rights and want to give them some sort of ethnic minority status ffs. :roll: Had to laugh when I saw Clare SF rattle collection buckets locally today, not a fricking chance I'd give em a single cent.
I actually attended Fleadh last night on Holidays, Huge crowds but Ennis must have a serious issue too as there was loads of young travellers watching everything for anyone letting their guard down...one of them about 4 or 5 picked up a fist of coins that some young children had in front of them playing music ...he was caught by some tourist and his older brother started roaring like an animal that his young brother did nothing and theyd have tourist up for assault...sums up this country...a few law abiding children earning a few quid playing music robbed by young travellers who contribute nothing...

Polly Ticks

Were they Cherokee, Iroquois, or Apache?
Kickapoo, I reckon.

In more ways than one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickapoo_people

The Kickapoo people (Kickapoo: Kiikaapoa or Kiikaapoi) are an Algonquian-speaking Native American tribe. Anishinaabeg say the name "Kickapoo" (Giiwigaabaw in the Anishinaabe language and its Kickapoo cognate Kiwikapawa) means "Stands here and there," which may have referred to the tribe's migratory patterns. The name can also mean "wanderer".

Ireland is Different!

Locals say they are still shellshocked by the experience. “We don’t want them back,” Mayor Thies Puttnins-von Trotha told The Irish Times. “They ignored the bins and chemical toilets we provided. Instead young and old ************************ in the bushes, you’d see them coming and going with their toilet paper.”
The first caravans showed up a week ago, he said, and by Sunday local police were overwhelmed, forcing him to negotiate with them for a short-term stay. In hindsight, he said, the Travellers proved to be “very manipulative”, negotiating and then reneging on a fee of €100 per caravan.
Sums them all really

Dame_Enda

Some Travellers give Ireland a bad name abroad. They want to be considered Irish when it suits them abroad but Travellers within Ireland.

Therightroad

Some Travellers give Ireland a bad name abroad. They want to be considered Irish when it suits them abroad but Travellers within Ireland.
Very true..even in Rural england peoples only experience of " Irish " is travellers conning elderly people out of money or robbing houses...they spoke with Irish Accents is common on BBC reports ...but from those that i have seen caught they have all been Irish Travellers...the only thing is in UK yo9u get a proper prison sentence unlike here where they laugh at the judges!

Henry94.

I have no sympathy for the Germans. They are destroying Europe for the third time in 100 years and the damage they are doing dwarfs anything that could be done to them by a few miscreants.

silverharp

if these towns ever get a "refugee" centre they will look back fondly on the funny Irish with their quaint ways :D

ergo2

Sums them all really
I recall a group of travellers in the West of Ireland trying this scam - asking money to go, and then for more money next day/

The Circuit Court judge there at the time Harvey Kenny was asked for an injunction and gave them short shrift, much to the relef of the local community.

Sad to hear of recent incidents in Germany. I have spent several holidays in Berlin and have a daughter there.

People well bahaved, can handle drink ( no "rounds" system )

Was in Kreuzberg on the nights of some of the big soccer matches. Fans sitting in rows of seats outside pubs. No rowdiness.

And Sunday is still a day of rest for many - few places open. Here even our bookies are open seven days

Big interest in Ireland and our culture. Surprised about how many knew of Boll's connections with the West of Ireland

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies