Repossession of homes on ‘Liveline’ RTE radio at the moment.

Wakeupcall

Repossession of homes is the topic on ‘Liveline’ on RTE radio right now. Bank behaviour is getting major criticism.

Professor PJ Drudy is very critical of them.

blacbloc

One caller is sauggesting that buyers should boycott repossessed houses.

bobbysands81

One caller is sauggesting that buyers should boycott repossessed houses.
The type of parasits that but repossessed houses will be delighted with a call for a boycott as they won't have to pay as much for these houses then.

evercloserunion

The type of parasits that but repossessed houses will be delighted with a call for a boycott as they won't have to pay as much for these houses then.
Exactly. As if they are likely to be affected by arguments from social responsibility or the suffering of others.

IrishTom

this situation should never be a possibility, we need a nationalisation of all our natural resources, we need to nationalise housing also, to ensure we all have eqaul opportunity to housing, we need a fresh start.

i am not a marxist or extereme leftist, but this seems to be the only way to ensure any kind of stability and control in this country, otherwise all industry will be hijacked by big business and government profiteers.

ajax1000

I would buy a repossessed home. Why would anyone put someone else's interests above the interests of their own family? Some of the opinions here are bizarre to say the least.

feargach

I would buy a repossessed home. Why would anyone put someone else's interests above the interests of their own family? Some of the opinions here are bizarre to say the least.
That might end up being as wise as dressing your entire family in Celtic tops and strolling around the Shankill road blindfolded. Your family might not thank you for it. Some of the nastiest things have been done to people accused of land-grabbing.

ajax1000

That might end up being as wise as dressing your entire family in Celtic tops and strolling around the Shankill road blindfolded. Your family might not thank you for it. Some of the nastiest things have been done to people accused of land-grabbing.
Eh ok then.. tell you what.. why don't I pay more than I have to for the house next door.. in the interests of fairness?

jimmyfour

this situation should never be a possibility, we need a nationalisation of all our natural resources, we need to nationalise housing also, to ensure we all have eqaul opportunity to housing, we need a fresh start.

i am not a marxist or extereme leftist, but this seems to be the only way to ensure any kind of stability and control in this country, otherwise all industry will be hijacked by big business and government profiteers.
There already was a nationalisation of resources several decades ago. Many people have used the time since then to improve their lot; everyone was pretty much poor at the beginning. You'd like to restart the level because you missed a few jumps? I think not many would like to play multiplayer with you......

markeys

Idiotic notions. Not only do you not respect the rights of Irish people to vote and decide their own future, you now want to take their houses off them too.

Your equal opportunity to housing sounds a lot like 'lets live in a commune country' despite your assertions. Never mind big business profiteering, even small business would close up shop the minute this suggestion gained any traction.

IrishTom

There already was a nationalisation of resources several decades ago. Many people have used the time since then to improve their lot; everyone was pretty much poor at the beginning. You'd like to restart the level because you missed a few jumps? I think not many would like to play multiplayer with you......
realy.....then why is all our natural Gas being expolited by foriegn companies, this does not sound like nationalisation to me, why are all our fertile fishing waters 50 billion euros worth being exploited by the EU...? THAT IS HARDLY NATIONALISATION,

why is our fruit and veg industry being flooded with dirt cheap produce from foriegn countries at the ruin of native Farmers...?

note, we never see the discount from the shops in regards the fruit and veg, it is pure profit.

why are TESCO a british company allowed sell there produce in the 26 counties at an extorionate rate in comparison to Britian or the 6 counties...?

i could go on all day, each and every one of us in Ireland are being raped by big business and the government both of whom are hand in hand.

Lain2016

realy.....then why is all our natural Gas being expolited by foriegn companies, this does not sound like nationalisation to me, why are all our fertile fishing waters 50 billion euros worth being exploited by the EU...? THAT IS HARDLY NATIONALISATION,

why is our fruit and veg industry being flooded with dirt cheap produce from foriegn countries at the ruin of native Farmers...?

note, we never see the discount from the shops in regards the fruit and veg, it is pure profit.

why are TESCO a british company allowed sell there produce in the 26 counties at an extorionate rate in comparison to Britian or the 6 counties...?

i could go on all day, each and every one of us in Ireland are being raped by big business and the government both of whom are hand in hand.

Just saw this vid of the failed repossession in Laois, cant see it anywhere else but if its up already you can deleat.

Thanks.

Constitution Halts Sheriff

commonman

This bad government are going to have to get there small brains around this problem or it could get out of hand banks do not give a f,,k about anyone so the people might respond like wise , may be some kind of rent or long term lease agreement might sort all this out .

Round tower

Anyone who has not seen it go to the Irish Independant web-site,it raised a no of interesting points,dont know if they are true or not or was it a publicity stunt or not.Basical what they said was the court register and the sherrif was basicaly the one and so there is a conflict of interest.

Didimus

Anyone who has not seen it go to the Irish Independant web-site,it raised a no of interesting points,dont know if they are true or not or was it a publicity stunt or not.Basical what they said was the court register and the sherrif was basicaly the one and so there is a conflict of interest.
The register/sheriff only implements a judgement that is made by a judge in the relevant court.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies