• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Republican Action Against Drugs speaks again

mothball

In this exclusive interview with the 'Derry Journal', the leadership of Republican Action Against Drugs (RAAD) outlines its determination to "remove the scourge of drug dealing from within the local community."

Since its inception almost 12 months ago, the organisation is now – rightly or wrongly – considered by many to be at the cutting edge of eradicating drug dealing in the North West.

"Our objectives are very simple. We are determined to rid the local community of these individuals. We view them as career criminals whose activities have ruined the lives of so many young people in the past and we're not prepared to tolerate that any longer.”

"We have been involved in several operations, with active service units punishing those we know are involved in dealing drugs to vulnerable members of the community in Derry. Other dealers have been told to leave the city and never return - or suffer the consequences.”

The RAAD leadership also confirmed that some of its members have, in the past, been involved in the Provisional IRA. "Some of our members had been members of the IRA, others have not," said a member of the leadership.”

“Our amnesty remains in place, as it always has done. It's an avenue that has been taken by former dealers and that avenue remains open to those who genuinely wish to cease their activities. Our advice is to take that into consideration or, alternatively, suffer the consequences in the fullness of time."
'Only way to eradicate drugs scourge is to remove the dealers' - Derry Today

As little sympathy as I have for drug dealers, I’m not certain what is the best action to combat the effects hard drugs have on communities.I realise that the provies had some success in Dublin in years gone by, but the effect was not widespread.
Carrying on from the cannabis thread, would legalising harder drugs have a positive effect? I’m not looking for moralistic arguments about how wrong it is to shoot someone.
Is it a case of if someone wants drugs, there isn’t much that can be done or can some people be prevented from ever accessing drugs in the first place if areas are cleared of drug dealers?

mothball

Well, I find it tedious that these dinosaurs still roam the North too.
But somehow, when I yawn at these endless nonsensical 'press releases' from pissed up thugs, it doesn't make it onto the screen.
No cause; no effect.
If the PSNI actually stopped using drug dealers as local ten pound touts then no one would be shooting them.
Surprisingly, I think shooting drug dealers may actually be a little pointless as well. The problem stretches further than the dealer.
Anyway, don't let debate get in the way of your anti-republican rant.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Anti-vigilante rant, actually.
I oppose this sort of hypocritical thuggery when the UDA do it too.
Invariably, those involved are paramilitaries protecting their own market share. As it is with these gobsh!tes in Derry.
Hope the cops put them all away.

inchicore_republican

I know its a short term answer but I would not be giving out if this group shot a few drug dealers in Dublin.

mothball

Invariably, those involved are paramilitaries protecting their own market share. As it is with these gobsh!tes in Derry.
If true, that would be another reason to oppose shooting dealers, but I've yet to see any proof of this.

mothball

I know its a short term answer but I would not be giving out if this group shot a few drug dealers in Dublin.
Is it even an answer at all?
Limiting the supply may bring a little satisfaction to those who despise dealers, but does it have any real affect of decreasing the demand for drugs?
For example, if the Bogside was cleared of dealers, would many of the people who would get involved in using drugs just not bother or would they simply go elsewhere?

Young Ned

Is it even an answer at all?
Limiting the supply may bring a little satisfaction to those who despise dealers, but does it have any real affect of decreasing the demand for drugs?
For example, if the Bogside was cleared of dealers, would many of the people who would get involved in using drugs just not bother or would they simply go elsewhere?
Or, would dealers become more heavily armed to defend themselves?

mothball

Or, would dealers become more heavily armed to defend themselves?
They're not the brightest people on the planet so they could try, but I doubt that it would help them too much in the long run.

stewiegriffin

They're not the brightest people on the planet so they could try, but I doubt that it would help them too much in the long run.
I think dealers are quite bright actually . Theyve outwitted 'the authorities ' and made millions in this country . Some ragbag malcontent ,pretend republicans arent going to stop them either .

chadmikeymicheals

i see no problem with heroin dealers being dealt with, around 15 youngfellas died from heroin overdoses in cork city over the last year or two, maybe when there finished in derry the can head down this way, there would be no tears shed for these scumbags

stewiegriffin

i see no problem with heroin dealers being dealt with, around 15 youngfellas died from heroin overdoses in cork city over the last year or two, maybe when there finished in derry the can head down this way, there would be no tears shed for these scumbags
Hmm , thing is they will never be finished in Derry . This is just a bad PR stunt by redundant 'republicans' . You dont honestly think they are going to beat the drugs trade do you ? Theyll just beat up some low ranking hoodie and feel all big about themselves . Losers.

Young Ned

Out of curiousity, do you have figures for how many died in Cork in the a similar span from alcohol? Should we send vigilantes to deal with the bartenders, if it turns out to me more than fifteen?

MartinP

Hmm , thing is they will never be finished in Derry . This is just a bad PR stunt by redundant 'republicans' . You dont honestly think they are going to beat the drugs trade do you ? Theyll just beat up some low ranking hoodie and feel all big about themselves . Losers.
I think RAAD said they intend to deal with what they referred to as the cocaine millionaires in their early twenties in the city. I think they've also made an offer to dealers to approach them (RAAD) to let them know they (the dealers) were getting out of the game.

mothball

Out of curiousity, do you have figures for how many died in Cork in the a similar span from alcohol? Should we send vigilantes to deal with the bartenders, if it turns out to me more than fifteen?
That’s a good analogy. As you said, if you substitute drugs for alcohol, it really doesn’t make much sense to target dealers at all. The world may be a better place without heroin, cocaine or even alcohol, but who has the right to stop someone from procuring certain substances for their own use.
Most community support for actions against drugs is actually directed at the types of dealers rather than the presence of the drugs. It just happens that the two are linked. People want dealers removed from society; not necessarily the drugs. The illegal narcotic trade brings a level of violence that can turn areas into hell on earth.
At the very least, legalising drugs would get rid of this violence even if it didn’t lower the actual number of people procuring narcotics.

mick1

what about after they shoot them, then the victims then make large claims and then they've got money for whatever drugs they want.
if someone wants drugs there going to get them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies