• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Republican/Nationalist hypocrisy again at NI Councils?

death or glory

How about this for hypocrisy

Dungannon council refused to allow a book of condolence to murdered Prison officer from neighbouring Cookstown because not from council area.

Omagh council this week then voted for a motion to write to the Secretary of state to release Republican prisoners (not from the council area)

Dungannon controllled SF council
BBC News - Dungannon Sinn Fein oppose David Black condolence book

Omagh controlled SF council
Tyrone News, Tyrone Sport, your local newspaper - Prisoner row erupts again during fiery council meeting – The Ulster Herald

Redstorm

Whats the hypocrisy, did you expect them to do anything different?

death or glory

No didn't expect anything different from them but I thought I would highlight it and see other peoples opinion.

death or glory

I see from the lack of responce that the CNR community, this highlight the ambivalence towards the situation in NI.