Republican President George Bush Senior apologises after an actress accused him of sexual assault

It isn't just that Bush is old and possibly has dementia. He is behaving as was the custom in the olden days when Bush was young. It was called flirting, and it wasn't ok then either, women just put up with it, often with this expression :roll:.

I am glad that men are being retrained now and that some apologise for their boring behaviour. Even if he's in his 90s, Bush Snr isn't too old to learn.
I absolutely hate that "retrained" word. We're not dogs who have been trained badly. C'mon.

GDPR

I absolutely hate that "retrained" word. We're not dogs who have been trained badly. C'mon.
In the case of "flirting" yes some blokes need to be "retrained".

Have you ever had your bottom patted, even pinched, in a crowded room? That is really annoying and if I could have discovered who dunnit I would have slapped him or at the very least given him a mean look of disgust.

You probably don't need retraining, but there are plenty of men who do.

It Was

Knew an old guy who was the loveliest man, he did have a 'saucy' sense of humour, and he did love women but was never threatening - he'd tell the odd dirty joke that wasn't even that dirty. However after having a stroke and the dementia setting in as well, he because how shall I say it, a bit obsessed with sex and made lewd comments to the women in the town in which he lived. Most people knew he was ill and put up with it, however the local hooker who was also a member of our own ethnic community, 'moved in' with him, took all his money and his dignity. Some people who have dementia or have a brain injury act in a strange manner such as this. Now maybe Bush is a lech, and always was, but this type of over the top reaction to such bad behaviour when one is not in danger is wrong, and damages real survivors of real assaults.
I don't know if you can call it over the top. I don't think people are saying it's the same as predatory sexual behaviour. But surely people should be able to say they don't want to tolerate it anyway? Would have been better to say it at the time, but who's perfect? Anyway maybe it's better for the public good to have sparked a more general discussion about the topic in the open.

ellie08

I don't know if you can call it over the top. I don't think people are saying it's the same as predatory sexual behaviour. But surely people should be able to say they don't want to tolerate it anyway? Would have been better to say it at the time, but who's perfect? Anyway maybe it's better for the public good to have sparked a more general discussion about the topic in the open.
Well if someone did it to me I'd say it to them, not make out I was sexually assaulted, but hey that's just me. He's old, had a stroke (or two;) ). I personally don't think it required media attention. Perhaps if she had tapped his hand there and then instead of smiling in the photo it would have still got the media attention one might think it deserved.

KEYHOLE KATE

Bottom-patting and pinching was a Roman custom, best exemplified by a lardy lady wailing "Does my bum look big in this?"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies