Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of making sexual advances to young women ...

owedtojoy

Mitch McConnell calls on Roy Moore to exit Alabama Senate race ‘if these allegations are true’

Moore, a longtime right-wing Conservative was a insurgent winner of the Republican primary. As a judge, he refused to removed the Ten Commandments from his courthouse, and was dismissed for telling state officials to ignore changes in the laws regarding gay marriages. In interviews he stated a belief that parts of the US are already under Sharia Law, and denied the right of a Muslim to sit in Congress.

Moore had the support of the Bannon wing of the Republican Party. Though Trump supported his primary opponent, the President has also said good things about Moore.

The women, so far 4 in number, allege that Moore made sexual advances to them when they were aged 14 to 16, around 1980.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy-moore-sexual-advances_us_5a04984ae4b03deac08bf667

Fox reports that Moore "decries" the allegations.

Roy Moore decries

If Moore can drum up a "locker room talk" excuse, maybe he can still be elected.

HarshBuzz

You must admit the man has style.

USER1234

As I said in the other thread no matter if the alligations are true or not I hope it kills his campaign as he is a right wing nutbag of the highest order!

owedtojoy

As I said in the other thread no matter if the alligations are true or not I hope it kills his campaign as he is a right wing nutbag of the highest order!
You have to laugh at the "restrained" tone of the Fox coverage.

You know that if Moore was a Democrat like the eejit Wiener, they would be all over him like a rash.

stopdoingstuff

As a judge, he refused to removed the Ten Commandments from his courthouse , and was dismissed for telling state officials to ignore changes in the laws regarding gay marriages. In interviews he stated a belief that parts of the US are already under Sharia Law, and denied the right of a Muslim to sit in Congress.
I have had it with these moderates.

Dame_Enda

For the first 200 yrs of US history, the standard for proving defamation was that the allegations be false. In 1964 (Sullivan judgement) SCOTUS overturned that for "public figures", with the new test being malice i.e. that the accuser knew the claims were false. This opened the flood gates to false accusations against public figures.

GDPR

For the first 200 yrs of US history, the standard for proving defamation was that the allegations be false. In 1964 (Sullivan judgement) SCOTUS overturned that for "public figures", with the new test being malice i.e. that the accuser knew the claims were false. This opened the flood gates to false accusations against public figures.
Oooooh! I'm sure you've got the empirical data to back that up!

owedtojoy

owedtojoy

Matt Yglesias is calling for the Democrats to go all in on Doug Jones, Moore's opponent.

He points out how grossly ill-suited Moore is to be a legislator or even to fit into a Republican Senate. A recent visit to Washington was a strained embarrassment all round. Sexual abuse allegations are only the last straw.

... Moore is flagrantly unfit for office — a conclusion that’s only bolstered by allegations of statutory rape first reported by the Washington Post. Doug Jones is a very solid nominee for the Democratic Party, and its informal leaders have an obligation to vigorously contest the race.

https://www.vox.com/2017/9/26/16368988/doug-jones-roy-moore-opponent

owedtojoy

One of McConnell's PACs take a swipe at Brainfart News and its support for Moore.

Moore is on the lunatic "clash of civilisations" wing of the party favoured by white supremacist Bannon and his backers, the offshore investor Mercer family of billionaires. STEVE BANNON’S POPULIST MEDIA EMPIRE IS FUNDED WITH OFFSHORE CASH

Senate Ldshp Fund ✔@Senate_Fund
While Senate Republicans fight for @realDonaldTrump’s tax reform, Bannon’s @BreitbartNews is arguing the age of consent for teens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRnKbpUsbzA&feature=youtu.be
9:30 PM - Nov 9, 2017

McConnell-linked group attacks Breitbart amid Roy Moore furor | TheHill

USER1234

Moores not even getting help from the whitehouse

White House aide Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that allegations against Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore made in the Washington Post “would be disqualifying for anyone in public office.”

“We need to listen to both sides, but at the same time, that hypothetical would be disqualifying for anyone in public office,” Conway said, in a clip aired on MSNBC.
AND

The White House’s director of legislative affairs, Marc Short, said on CNN later Thursday that “there’s no path forward” for Moore if the Post’s reporting is accurate.

“That’s a big ‘If’ clause, Wolf, it certainly is, but yes,” he told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

But, pressed on how Alabama voters should determine the veracity of the allegations — which the Post reported after interviews with more than 30 sources — Short had few specific ideas.
[video=youtube;R7oqsqYZB00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=R7oqsqYZB00[/video]

Source: Talkingpointsmemo.com - WH On Moore Report: ‘That Hypothetical Would Be Disqualifying For Anyone

Dame_Enda

Problem is Alabama law doesn't allow a candidate to leave the ballot within 76 days of election.

I despise Moore personally despite my scepticism of the fake media. A write in campaign would split the GOP vote and potentially throw away a very safe GOP seat.

USER1234

Problem is Alabama law doesn't allow a candidate to leave the ballot within 76 days of election.

I despise Moore personally despite my scepticism of the fake media. A write in campaign would split the GOP vote and potentially throw away a very safe GOP seat.
i was just watching a news report if he withdraws, votes for him just will be ignored and will not count!

Last edited: