• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Republican Terrorist Guilty Of Human Bomb Attack

between the bridges

A dissident republican who threatened to shoot a taxi driver dead unless he drove a bomb to a police station was caught after he sent a text message asking the bomber to hurry up and deliver the explosives, a court has heard.

Philip O'Donnell was jailed for 13 years yesterday after playing an “active” role in the bomb attack on Strand Road police station in Londonderry on August 3, 2010.

O'Donnell pleaded guilty to causing the explosion, hijacking the taxi the bomb was transported in, falsely imprisoning the taxi driver, and membership of the outlawed Oglaigh na hEireann (ONH) terror group.
Read more: Text that jailed key member of police base bomb gang - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

current violent republicans using the same old tactics as the last set, how long till he gets a playground named after him or an average industrial wage?

as i was saying same old tactics...
Martin McGuinness authorised human bomb attacks against the Army in Northern Ireland, the Smithwick Tribunal has heard.
Read more: Martin McGuinness 'ordered human bombs' - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

FOR Maureen North, the most prevailing feeling as a result of the attacks her family was subjected to during the Troubles is the sense of frustration that her son was never able to realise his dream of taking on their farm.

In a meeting with Irish Taoiseach Enda Kenny on Tuesday she recalled how on a dark day in November 1989, he had been used as a human bomb by members of the IRA -- a day she will never forget.
Taoiseach meets families claiming 'ethnic cleansing' / Impartial Reporter / News / Roundup

Aristodemus

I shouldn't laugh but when I read was caught after he sent a text message asking the bomber to hurry up and deliver the explosives, a court has heard I did. What a donut. Deserves at least 20 years

between the bridges

I shouldn't laugh but when I read was caught after he sent a text message asking the bomber to hurry up and deliver the explosives, a court has heard I did. What a donut. Deserves at least 20 years
well he is from Baldrick Crescent...

tiocfaidh

Read more: Text that jailed key member of police base bomb gang - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

current violent republicans using the same old tactics as the last set, how long till he gets a playground named after him or an average industrial wage?

Read more: Martin McGuinness 'ordered human bombs' - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Taoiseach meets families claiming 'ethnic cleansing' / Impartial Reporter / News / Roundup
Were you drunk when you posted this? Honestly it is all over the place. The OP title is misleading. There was no "human bomb" component to the Strand Road attack. So it's hardly the same as the Patsy Gillespie incident. And what do either of those have to do with any intimidation of Prods along the border decades ago?

james toney

Dowson and Golding just retweeted you,did you see it?

vinoboy

Sorry too drunk to read any of nursey's crap.. just thought you'd like to know.
Truth hurts -the taxi driver's life was in bits for a year after this event and this guy is obviously part of the new IRA brains trust .

between the bridges

The OP title is misleading. There was no "human bomb" component to the Strand Road attack.
really tell that to the taxi driver...
Gerry McConnell said how gunmen threatened to kill him if he did not do what they wanted.

He added: "Every bump in the road, I was scared and terrified that the bomb was going to go off."

'Executed'

In his first interview since the attack, Mr McConnell described in detail what happened on the night of the bombing.

He told the BBC's Spotlight programme: "I turned around and I seen a gun in the window and a masked man standing outside.

"He said to me 'This is Oglaigh na hEireann - you will be executed if you do not stop this car'."

After another man got into the car along with the gunman, the taxi driver was told to go to a car park, with the pair repeatedly shouting at him to "go faster".

"They knew what they were doing. I am panicking because they have got the gun to the side of my head and I am thinking that the gun is going to off - this man seems very nervous and agitated."

When they got to the car park, another man appeared and told Mr McConnell to open the boot of his car.

He said that as plastic bags were loaded in, he originally thought the attack was a hoax but realised its deadly intention when he heard a ticking noise - the timer had been set.
as for
And what do either of those have to do with any intimidation of Prods along the border decades ago?
if you had managed to read the OP before passing comment you would have seen...
In a meeting with Irish Taoiseach Enda Kenny on Tuesday she recalled how on a dark day in November 1989, he had been used as a human bomb by members of the IRA
NEXT...

Ren84

While Norn Iron burns at the hands of drug addled, out of control unionist mobs P.ie Laptop Loyal brigade members point elsewhere shrieking hysterically. Rather sad really from a truly deranged bunch, but well expected by now. Not to worry, just the dying stings of a truly nasty lot. Catholic majority soon so we can put all this silliness behind us. :)

between the bridges

While Norn Iron burns at the hands of drug addled, out of control unionist mobs P.ie Laptop Loyal brigade members point elsewhere shrieking hysterically. Rather sad really from a truly deranged bunch, but well expected by now. Not to worry, just the dying stings of a truly nasty lot. Catholic majority soon so we can put all this silliness behind us. :)
a few moments ago you where the one screeching about the possible lost of life and yet you ignore those who are conducting a terrorist campaign... just goes to show how mealy mouthed your words are...

Popular Threads

Most Replies