Republicans will be tearing down Irish infastructure on the border

death or glory

[Ireland will] be under an obligation to put the appropriate infrastructure on their side of the border ... whereupon various republicans will turn up and burn it down, and all the rest of it, but they’ll be burning down Irish infrastructure because we’re not going to put anything on our side of the border.

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/sinn-fein-think-brexit-will-get-them-a-border-poll-but-it-won-t-says-trimble-1-8479501

So if you don't like a hard border it will be the EU and Eire who will be enforcing it.

runwiththewind

The border will be the Irish sea. Economically NI will linked to the EU and the Rep.

100 years ago, the Tories shafted the majority of the Irish people. Now unionists will suffer the same fate.

This is what happens when you are ruled by the UK.

There will be no border in Ireland. You will thank Dublin later

vivabrigada

[Ireland will] be under an obligation to put the appropriate infrastructure on their side of the border ... whereupon various republicans will turn up and burn it down, and all the rest of it, but they’ll be burning down Irish infrastructure because we’re not going to put anything on our side of the border.

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/sinn-fein-think-brexit-will-get-them-a-border-poll-but-it-won-t-says-trimble-1-8479501

So if you don't like a hard border it will be the EU and Eire who will be enforcing it.
Brit Brexit.
Brit Border.
Irish solution.
Anglegriinders.
I'll be there.

Strawberry

Trimble needs to acquaint himself with WTO/WCO rules.

michael-mcivor

The English are hiring border inspectors to sit at the border- but only ones from the six who have brit passports-( now the dumb English have to rethink that because of equality in the GFA-)- but goes to show that the English want to build a border-( both sides of the border are the Irish side-)-

death or glory

Brit Brexit.
Brit Border.
Irish solution.
Anglegriinders.
I'll be there.
Would bolt-cutters no do, far more mobile than angle grinders and I know one scummy ex-crim who has prior experience in breaking the laws of the land using bolt-cutters, he could lead the charge while you're putting the tea on.

You can tear down as much eire restructuring as you want, but you know that us Brits will enforce the border, we have done it before.
So be careful what you wish for.

michael-mcivor

death or glory

Read that to show how scared Unionists are of the vote- Trimble agreed to the border poll in the GFA because he sat back smugly and thought ‘ Majority ‘- now the ‘ Majority ‘ is slipping to the other side the border-poll is not wanted by Unionists- Shows Trimble was not a forward thinker-
The Noble peace prize winner was just telling a few home truths.
I'm sure his fellow winner would probably agree.

michael-mcivor

The Noble peace prize winner was just telling a few home truths.
I'm sure his fellow winner would probably agree.
He got given a seat in the House of Lords when the Brits felt sorry that he lost his seat his party his politics- he is a good wee Tory now-

theloner

Trimble will tremble as the border disassembles.

death or glory

He got given a seat in the House of Lords when the Brits felt sorry that he lost his seat his party his politics- he is a good wee Tory now-
Well it is the Conservative and unionist party anyway, and the Tory's are singing to the DUP's tune now also.

ANyhow back on topic how do you feel about Eire setting up the border infrastructure and about Republicans vowing to tear it down.

Roll_On

There isn't going to be border infrastructure in Ireland. Simple as

firefly123

Did this really require a thread of its own?

Couldn't it be merged with an infinite amount of other threads?

death or glory

There isn't going to be border infrastructure in Ireland. Simple as
That's were you are wrong as lord Trimble says the Eu demands it so Eire will have to establish it unless they get the rules changed.

Roll_On

That's were you are wrong as lord Trimble says the Eu demands it so Eire will have to establish it unless they get the rules changed.
David Trimble is a wind bag. Varadkar and Coveney have already said no to a hard border. The EU has backed up that position. The UK has 3 options: Irish Sea border, remain in the CU or leave the EU with no deal. The latter means armageddon for British Scoiety, option 2 means Brexit is meaningless, option 1 means buying off the DUP. Guess which is easier for the UK government?

death or glory

David Trimble is a wind bag. Varadkar and Coveney have already said no to a hard border. The EU has backed up that position. The UK has 3 options: Irish Sea border, remain in the CU or leave the EU with no deal. The latter means armageddon for British Scoiety, option 2 means Brexit is meaningless, option 1 means buying off the DUP. Guess which is easier for the UK government?
I'm afraid "Varadkar and Coveney" aren't actually involved in the Brexit discussions so what they say is actually meaningless.
The British PM has said their will be no border on the Irish sea and the UK is leaving the customs union, that actually carries weight.

So "Varadkar and Coveney" better start preparing for building the Custom posts as if Brussells demand it, they have to obey.

AhNowStop

Trolling :roll:

You’re getting as bad for starting duplicate trolling threads as another crackpot I know :?

Roll_On

I'm afraid "Varadkar and Coveney" aren't actually involved in the Brexit discussions so what they say is actually meaningless.
The British PM has said their will be no border on the Irish sea and the UK is leaving the customs union, that actually carries weight.

So "Varadkar and Coveney" better start preparing for building the Custom posts as if Brussells demand it, they have to obey.
OK luvvie, in two years time when you're sitting in an EU customs union I'll quote u.

death or glory

Trolling :roll:

You’re getting as bad for starting duplicate trolling threads as another crackpot I know :?
I know, that "McSlaggart" one and his endless Border threads, so I thought if you can't beat him join him, and I'm so much better at it.

New Threads

Most Replies