Respect

McSlaggart

"For too long they have shown nothing but disdain and disrespect for the national flag, the royal family, the armed forces, British symbols, the constitutional reality and the very name of this country".

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sf-must-realise-that-respect-works-both-ways-warns-foster-36351367.html

This is mad stuff. The people who show no respect to the British national flag are unionists. SF people have met with members of the British royal family and have shown respect for their role in British society. SF have respect for the British military forces they just do not want them in Ireland. As for British symbols their has been no clear out of such symbols in areas that "republicans" have had political control. As for the constitutional reality I think she wants to to pretend the GFA did not occur.

raspberry tea

Why should the empire get respect, they have caused mayhem , madness and backed zionist run wars around the world, the royal family have given OBE's to miscreants, peadophiles, perverts, murderers, mass murderers and tax dodgers like geldof,I suppose the queen engaging in a spot of tax dodging means she's in good company! The Labour party in the UK have colluded and connived with the bank of England to bring in more cheap labour, and jihadis taking refuge amongst them so they could further drive working wages down..The war between Ireland and England has been so that it has broken the Irish spirit and we are now speaking this english language, Rupert murdoch sky news is pumped onto Irish television screens, along with Eastenders and coronation street to further dilute our culture. If Sinn Fein are licking bum - they are quislings, they also deserve respect off nobody,and the empire deserve no respect of anybody, not even the pakistanis that are in their country begging, borrowing, stealing , raping and scrounging all around them, like they have hit the paki jackpot!

Last edited:

vivabrigada

Curry my yoghurt and cutting funds for disadvantaged kids learning irish with a merry Christmas message is the DUPs idea aof respect.
That won't be happening again.

GDPR

In the event of an election for the Dail, there is a good chance in my view for a ff and sf coalition. There is also a good chance of the UK government collapsing in 2018. Both would not augur well for the DUP world view or position to influence. I wonder the level of respect the DUP will show then? What about the disrespect the DUP show for the voted views of NI residents on Brexit?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

McSlaggart

Curry my yoghurt and cutting funds for disadvantaged kids learning irish with a merry Christmas message is the DUPs idea aof respect.
That won't be happening again.
Compared to:

"It has emerged that Sinn Féin MP Pat Doherty has lobbied for money for a ‘kick-the-Pope’ loyalist flute band in Castlederg, County Tyrone, as has a fellow Sinn Féin councillor.

The news has stunned the nationalist village, where the Castlederg Young Loyalist Flute Band has taken part in a number of contentious sectarian parades.

The band is linked to a lodge within the anti-Catholic Orange Order, while its repertoire includes songs which glorify UVF killers.

Mr Doherty wrote to the Arts Council backing funding for the band to the tune of five thousands pounds -- which the band itself was unaware of.

He wrote: “I have had quite a bit of interaction with the band and can unequivocally state they have made a huge contribution in helping to resolve community tensions in Castlederg.”

The documentation uncovered by the BBC also revealed a Sinn Féin councillor’s backing for funding for another loyalist band in Tyrone.

Cookstown councillor Ciaran McElhone wrote to the Arts Council last October after Drumnacross flute band was denied funding.

He said he wanted the Arts Council to reconsider, claiming that the band was “uncontroversial among the Nationalist community.”"

http://republican-news.org/current/news/2012/08/sinn_fin_seeks_funding_for_tyr.html

vivabrigada

Compared to:

"It has emerged that Sinn Féin MP Pat Doherty has lobbied for money for a ‘kick-the-Pope’ loyalist flute band in Castlederg, County Tyrone, as has a fellow Sinn Féin councillor.

The news has stunned the nationalist village, where the Castlederg Young Loyalist Flute Band has taken part in a number of contentious sectarian parades.

The band is linked to a lodge within the anti-Catholic Orange Order, while its repertoire includes songs which glorify UVF killers.

Mr Doherty wrote to the Arts Council backing funding for the band to the tune of five thousands pounds -- which the band itself was unaware of.

He wrote: “I have had quite a bit of interaction with the band and can unequivocally state they have made a huge contribution in helping to resolve community tensions in Castlederg.”

The documentation uncovered by the BBC also revealed a Sinn Féin councillor’s backing for funding for another loyalist band in Tyrone.

Cookstown councillor Ciaran McElhone wrote to the Arts Council last October after Drumnacross flute band was denied funding.

He said he wanted the Arts Council to reconsider, claiming that the band was “uncontroversial among the Nationalist community.”"

http://republican-news.org/current/news/2012/08/sinn_fin_seeks_funding_for_tyr.html
At the same time unionists were doing their damnedest to stop a Fleadh in Ardoyne.
The DUPs mates in the UDA even cut of electricity to the area to stop us. We had our own generators.

McSlaggart

At the same time unionists were doing their damnedest to stop a Fleadh in Ardoyne.
The DUPs mates in the UDA even cut of electricity to the area to stop us. We had our own generators.
They would rather you was being respectful and burning tyres on bonfires.

vivabrigada

They would rather you was being respectful and burning tyres on bonfires.
That's a stark illustration of the mindsets we are dealing with.

InsideImDancing

Arlene is like a big baby. Needs to grow up.

GDPR

The thing is that the DUP and more generally people such as the Arlene Foster see respect as very often being a sign of weakness, and this particularly goes as regards their dealings with "themuns".

vivabrigada

The thing is that the DUP and more generally people such as the Arlene Foster see respect as very often being a sign of weakness, and this particularly goes as regards their dealings with "themuns".
It's the seige mentality. Not an inch, no surrender, we are the people, tearing down "are fleg" etc. It has paralyised unionism.
Arlene plays the orange card to feed it, it gets the DUP elected, insulting people seems to be a virtue.
Themmuns have had enough of that aul craic.

GDPR

It's the seige mentality. Not an inch, no surrender, we are the people, tearing down "are fleg" etc. It has paralyised unionism.
Arlene plays the orange card to feed it, it gets the DUP elected, insulting people seems to be a virtue.
I think the siege psychology applies to people like my sister, I don't think it applies to Arlene Foster or the likes of "between the bridges". Also as I said before something I noticed quickly in life is that it is by giving that usually end up getting close to want you want, not always mind you, however by giving and showing a generous spirit the DUP could have insured the continuation into the next century if they had played their cards right very possibly- the thing is by being pr9cks they have ensured that a united Ireland happens sooner rather than later. There is a life lesson for everyone in that. My fear is what comes next from her, we know that she has absolutely no shame so my hope is in her lack imagination....

GDPR

Because they saw the DUP's arrogance and nastiness has sticking it to Sinn Fein (read some of BtB's posts on Arlene) and thought that the current situation would go on forever, little realizing that the Shinners would rather than go ballistic eventually just snap in a cold manner the way that they did....They also haven't realized outside of Alex Kane in all justice that this is a situation in which those who desperately want the border should be spooked. In all justice to the Shinner they bent over backwards to make things work. Unionism really has only itself to blame.

CastleRay

"For too long they have shown nothing but disdain and disrespect for the national flag, the royal family, the armed forces, British symbols, the constitutional reality and the very name of this country".

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sf-must-realise-that-respect-works-both-ways-warns-foster-36351367.html

This is mad stuff. The people who show no respect to the British national flag are unionists. SF people have met with members of the British royal family and have shown respect for their role in British society. SF have respect for the British military forces they just do not want them in Ireland. As for British symbols their has been no clear out of such symbols in areas that "republicans" have had political control. As for the constitutional reality I think she wants to to pretend the GFA did not occur.
The stuff you typed there about SF is indeed mad stuff.

Gin Soaked

Really? Half a dozen maybe. Out of 28? Hmmmm.
And a good chunk of the newer members have strong views of colonialism and annexation.

The DUP will always be on the wrong side of morality and history. With the IRA stopping their murderous campaign and with their racketeering on the wane, the DUP have no high moral ground. Just an amnesia about Paisley's decades of rabble rousing and their own tacit support of loyalist murderers.

SF, for their faults and dirty past are, at least on the right side of the moral argument now.

eskrimador

In the event of an election for the Dail, there is a good chance in my view for a ff and sf coalition. There is also a good chance of the UK government collapsing in 2018. Both would not augur well for the DUP world view or position to influence. I wonder the level of respect the DUP will show then? What about the disrespect the DUP show for the voted views of NI residents on Brexit?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I listen to LBC a lot and if the dUP think the British have got their backs, they could not be more wrong.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies