• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Restoration Of The Fleg

between the bridges

In this utopia letsgetalong shared future, we have seen SF/IRA meet HMQ, and now we have the pan national front (SF/IRA. SDLP, & Alliance) voting to fly the Union Flag in line with all other UK cities. One wonders how long before all other nationalist councils will be compelled to comply with this unionist outreach program, after all if it's good enough for nationalist controlled Belfast...

irelands32

Is this now being seen as a Unionist victory? If so, could you let all of those rioting twat's know.

InsideImDancing

Unionism in crisis?

between the bridges

Is this now being seen as a Unionist victory? If so, could you let all of those rioting twat's know.
the on going civil rights protest's are merely seeking to extend equal rights to fly the fleg in all nationalist control councils...

InsideImDancing

the on going civil rights protest's are merely seeking to extend equal rights to fly the fleg in all nationalist control councils...
Nationalist controlled councils support equality, no flegs. If they controlled Belfast it would be the same there.

between the bridges

huld your whished a minute ye have been crowing on about how Belfast is now nationalist, so if it's good enough for Belfast...

runwiththewind

huld your whished a minute ye have been crowing on about how Belfast is now nationalist, so if it's good enough for Belfast...
Get it right, it's hould yer whist - that's a Tipp saying. It means hold your tongue (engage your brain) before you speak.

Here's another one Mup Mup!!!!

fitzroyalty

There was a democratic compromise in Belfast. Clearly Unionists don't do democracy. Quelle surprise.

eskrimador

eskrimador

To the zoo with this crap

Mr. Garlic

I did rather enjoy this video from the protests:

[video=youtube_share;x8H3KNvQ29E]http://youtu.be/x8H3KNvQ29E[/video]

That bit where they burnt the tricolour is pure tribalism, though. You're not going to convince anyone by burning someone else's flag - the same way that the other side isn't helping anything by burning yours. You can do it, and I don't disagree with the right to do that - but do people really want to? What does it achieve?

That said, I have the strong feeling that unionists - no matter how well-intentioned - aren't going to win this battle. I very much understand and identify with their concern, but I also fear that they may not be doing themselves many favours. So, protest about it all you like, and I sympathise, but you ain't going to win, I'm afraid.

eskrimador

It doesn't. They know what these people are like. That is why they printed the leaflet about Alliance. They knew fine rightly what would happen.
Erm.....I don't think they had to make such a risky calculation, especially not Robo

Glaucon

That said, I have the strong feeling that unionists - no matter how well-intentioned - aren't going to win this battle. I very much understand and identify with their concern, but I also fear that they may not be doing themselves many favours. So, protest about it all you like, and I sympathise, but you ain't going to win, I'm afraid.
They never win the PR battle, because they are politically inept.
A bunch of thugs rampaging around the streets draped in Union Jacks (many defaced with "Rangers" slogans), hooded faces and throwing petrol bombs, whilst illiterate mobs rave "Ulster is British" and being addressed by a Scotch thug from the National Front (or formerly as such), would be regarded in most quarters in Britain as abhorrent. I'm sure even the mostly cuddly, though slightly looney, members of UKIP find it a bit unsettling.

The utter irrationality of the Unionist position is another issue. The English like compromise, it's what defines their political character and has since the time of John Locke. Refusing democratic compromise and turning to rave and rampage is very, well, un-British.

It more and more resembles the behaviour of the pied-noirs in Algeria in the early 60s before the French pulled out. Thankfully these nuts don't have the support to try and pull of a putsch when things don't go their way.