• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Retail sales slow by 1.7% in January

seismic change

Website
www.finegael.ie
Its to be expected after the fantastic Christmas sales brought forward by retailers. Because of the long gap between pay periods for some people it was expected January to be slightly down.

Simply put its in line with expectations.

stopdoingstuff

Its to be expected after the fantastic Christmas sales brought forward by retailers. Because of the long gap between pay periods for some people it was expected January to be slightly down.

Indeed, low expectations.

dizillusioned

Indeed, low expectations.
I wouldn't even bother ... the troll above isn't worth it.

Ain't no chance of a recovery, people are scared, no consumer confidence and simply no spare cash in the system. I can see many more businesses failing before the year end.

seismic change

Website
www.finegael.ie

Ain't no chance of a recovery, people are scared, no consumer confidence and simply no spare cash in the system. I can see many more businesses failing before the year end.
Plenty of cash with the people I work with, 2 people have just purchased house for investment purposes, everyone booking summer holidays abroad. And many of us and purchased 2013 cars this year.

If you cant see the recovery then I suggest you need to get out more.

dizillusioned

Plenty of cash with the people I work with, 2 people have just purchased house for investment purposes, everyone booking summer holidays abroad. And many of us and purchased 2013 cars this year.

Not all our Dads employ us in Fine Gael positions!

P Ryan

The quality of the FG hacks on this site seems to be getting even worse if that's possible.

westernyelp

Just wondering, what is the point of your account. is it specifically to annoy people with your auld blather? if so you really need to get out more, read a book or something. seriously if this is your idea of fun you need to take a moment and consider a few things. just some friendly advice.

seismic change

Website
www.finegael.ie
Just wondering, what is the point of your account. is it specifically to annoy people with your auld blather? if so you really need to get out more, read a book or something. seriously if this is your idea of fun you need to take a moment and consider a few things. just some friendly advice.
Im here to dicuss politics, why are you here?

Just because I support Fine Gael and enjoy being a member does that exclude me from engaging in debate?

tigerben

I know I'm on about this month , but when my hubby was buying me a charm for valentines day, the jewellers in town said it was their quietest valentines they ever had. Parents with confirmation and communion are saving up and looking for dresses at very reasonable prices. As I've both I've been talking to other parents and most are having it at home. Hotels and other places have special menus starting at 25€ which are deemed too dear for most.

Normal Lord

I went for a walk in my town, another 3 shops had "closing down sales" A factory recently shut with many jobs lost. A nightclub and 3 pubs also shut in the last few months
The retail/shop sector is doing very badly indeed.

I did walk past the dole office, and it was "really busy" with people outside (too many to fit inside) and tons of people inside. If the dole office were a business it would be booming, but it's not it's a sign of how bad things are.

Also just recently a "soup kitchen" opened up in town I guess that's your idea of a recovery, it's certainly not mine.
BTW whilst you are here remind us all about FG's policy on updward only rent reviews. I'd love to hear how they are helping struggling business with high costs.

westernyelp

Im here to dicuss politics, why are you here?

Just because I support Fine Gael and enjoy being a member does that exclude me from engaging in debate?
But you don't discuss politics, you know that as well as I do. The 'Seismic change' account does nothing more than spout outlandish nonsense about how great everything is under FG. Nobody takes you seriously and I doubt you do either. Everyone knows that this account is just a sock set up during the prom note craic. that is all a given. I was just wondering if this is your only outlet for amusement, and if so you might need a bit of help. have at it if you must.

Asparagus

But you don't discuss politics, you know that as well as I do. The 'Seismic change' account does nothing more than spout outlandish nonsense about how great everything is under FG. Nobody takes you seriously and I doubt you do either. Everyone knows that this account is just a sock set up during the prom note craic. that is all a given. I was just wondering if this is your only outlet for amusement, and if so you might need a bit of help. have at it if you must.
I would say that seismic may be a FF'er in sheeps underpants..

remember spotty

seismic change

Website
www.finegael.ie
I will defend this government because they are fixing the country and doing the right thing, of course not everything they do is the right decision, some decisions are tough, but in the whole we are in a better place than we were just a year ago.

Some people on this site just want to moan and attack the government without any evidence or fact because they are either ignorant or simply anti recovery.

Fine Gael and Enda Kenny are saving this country and you should be thankful we have them.

Analyzer

I know I'm on about this month , but when my hubby was buying me a charm for valentines day, the jewellers in town said it was their quietest valentines they ever had. Parents with confirmation and communion are saving up and looking for dresses at very reasonable prices. As I've both I've been talking to other parents and most are having it at home. Hotels and other places have special menus starting at 25€ which are deemed too dear for most.
Of course it is. Couples in relationships at the pre-maritl stage are not even in the country.

How can you have people buying gifts, when the people are in another country, chasing jobs there ?

They are in Australia and in Canada. But nevertheless we have Bluebots, on this site telling us things are great, and loopers backing them up.

westernyelp

I will defend this government because they are fixing the country and doing the right thing, of course not everything they do is the right decision, some decisions are tough, but in the whole we are in a better place than we were just a year ago.

Some people on this site just want to moan and attack the government without any evidence or fact because they are either ignorant or simply anti recovery.

Fine Gael and Enda Kenny are saving this country and you should be thankful we have them.
all right buddy, keep taking those happy pills

Normal Lord

Then reply to my post above you are LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD
Walk around town indeed, try it pal and you might have an idea of what's going on out there (people on the dole places closing down)
Enda Kenny couldn't wipe his rear end let alone save a country he's responsible for driving people away leaving the country, hurting people who have little money pushing them further into poverty.

And you say "thankful" dear lord what a warped way of thinking you have.
I bet Enda isn't worrying about paying his ESB or filling the oil tank, bar stool preacher where was his pay cut last budget then?

All talk no action for FG they are even worse than FF were, and that's saying something. Tax this country to the edge of poverty.

ManUnited

Engage in debate? -

You utter party political policy that's not debate.
In fairness to seismic change, there is very little debate on P.ie. His cheery optimism is just as relevant as the doomsters telling us it is all going to hell.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies