RHI scheme beneficiaries. A-Z

caulfield

michael-mcivor

Foster DUP has given several great company's / groups / churches a black mark on their character through no fault of their own- Foster DUP will never be forgiven for being so stupid so greedy so irresponsible-

Ardillaun

What is the money total on that list? Seems like we are a long way short yet.

Marcella

Cross community fraud. They were all at it! From the presbyterians to the GAA.
You should never underestimate us culchies!
While I see plenty of Protestant churches on that list, I see no GAA clubs. Please enlighten me.

between the bridges

Enigma Variations

Cross community fraud. They were all at it! From the presbyterians to the GAA.
You should never underestimate us culchies!
To be fair to the recipients, I wouldn't rush in to condemn anyone yet. You can hardly fault any company or business person for availing of government grants or giveaways. Let's face it farmers get on average over 80% of their income indirectly from the taxpayer and nobody complains about that.
It is neither a crime, nor even morally wrong to avail of government grant schemes. If the grant schemes are much more generous than they need to be or make no economic sense (which is the case here), then the blame for that rests on the shoulders of the civil servants who devised the scheme and on the government minister who approved it, and not on the beneficiaries as long as they didn't abuse the system, nor anyone else.
To sort out the wheat from the chaff here, we need a thorough investigation into the scheme to find out who was blatantly abusing it by burning wood pellets in empty warehouses and barns and/or keeping them burning during summertime with all the doors and windows open. It shouldn't be difficult to assess fair usage, and those people (honest users) are entitled to be fully vindicated.
I know of one prominent large farmer (and former UFU bigwig) who was allegedly boasting of his abuse of the system a while back before the story broke. If true, the bugger should be in prison.

death or glory

To be fair to the recipients, I wouldn't rush in to condemn anyone yet. You can hardly fault any company or business person for availing of government grants or giveaways. Let's face it farmers get on average over 80% of their income indirectly from the taxpayer and nobody complains about that.
It is neither a crime, nor even morally wrong to avail of government grant schemes. If the grant schemes are much more generous than they need to be or make no economic sense (which is the case here), then the blame for that rests on the shoulders of the civil servants who devised the scheme and on the government minister who approved it, and not on the beneficiaries as long as they didn't abuse the system, nor anyone else.
To sort out the wheat from the chaff here, we need a thorough investigation into the scheme to find out who was blatantly abusing it by burning wood pellets in empty warehouses and barns and/or keeping them burning during summertime with all the doors and windows open. It shouldn't be difficult to assess fair usage, and those people (honest users) are entitled to be fully vindicated.
I know of one prominent large farmer (and former UFU bigwig) who was allegedly boasting of his abuse of the system a while back before the story broke. If true, the bugger should be in prison.
What a tit.
totally contradicts his previous post, see post 11.
Although to be fair to him, it took him longer than it previously did to do an about turn on the credibility of a chief constable.

Enigma Variations

What's wrong with that?
Legally nothing of course, but it is farcical that the company producing the pellets are selling it to themselves, and then getting a handsome subsidy from us the taxpayers on those sales, on top of the huge profit they are making on sales to everyone else. It just underlines the monumental incompetence of the scheme creators, and make an absurd scheme even more absurd. It is quite embarrassing to have to admit that collectively the people of NI elected a government capable of such stupidity. To be fair to Balcas, it seems that they didn't tear the arse out of it based upon the amount claimed, although it is hard to judge.
Furthermore I'd like to see the book entries for those sales. What are the chances of them giving themselves a discount, but that is another story? :)

Ó Ghabhainn

RHI boiler owner naming challenge fails - BBC News

RHI boiler owner naming challenge fails

The man was refused permission to take a case against the Department for the Economy, which plans to publish another list of RHI recipients next week.
He claimed it posed a risk of reputational damage to him and losses to his business.
Ye know, I'd nearly say he has a point on the basis that he took advantage of a scheme provided by government, which I'd nearly say any right thinking person would do. Except for the damage it does to the environment.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies