• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Richard Bruton calls for John Deasy's talent to be recognised

Tony Soprano

In an interview just now on Waterford Radio Richard Bruton heaped praise on Deasy stated that John Deasy's talent "must" be recognised by the Fine Gael leadership.

loner

Would imagine that the words Deasy and Talent are mutually exclusive

Tomas Mor

Like his talent for smoking in Dail bar, and did he not refuse a junior spokesman role last week. His ego is so big I suppose, inherited his father's seat and impetuous manner.

Tony Soprano

Like his talent for smoking in Dail bar, and did he not refuse a junior spokesman role last week. His ego is so big I suppose, inherited his father's seat and impetuous manner.
are you sure deasy was offered a junior role by kenny?

Tomas Mor

are you sure deasy was offered a junior role by kenny?
I am only quoting what I read in the paper. I cant be certain.
But Giggly Baby Bruton is really clutching at straws now.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
It's a bit late now, this year's "X Factor" has already gotten to the final stages, however I'm sure if John has a word in Louis Walsh's ear he might get a chance next year.

meriwether

Deasy is like Edmundo.

Loads of talent, utterly unreliable.

he probably has a chainsmoking chimp at home in Waterford.

turdsl

Now it is obvious why Richard Bruton has not got the qualities to make it as leader.

droghedasouth

Telent has to be managed.
What did John Deasy do that condemns him to perpetual exile?

bmw1

In an interview just now on Waterford Radio Richard Bruton heaped praise on Deasy stated that John Deasy's talent "must" be recognised by the Fine Gael leadership.
yet another reason i glad kenny is leader and not bruton-do we want to be a party of arselickers no thanks

Tomas Mor

He may become more responsible as years go by,

I doubt it. His father with the scowl never did. Garret is widely reputed to have made him minister for Agriculture, just to keep him quiet, and dealing with farmers in the rough and tumble would keep him busy.

bprob

his abilities are fully appreciated
thats why he is left on the back benches

i wouldn't read anything into what bruton said: it was on waterford local radio after all

Tomas Mor

his abilities are fully appreciated
thats why he is left on the back benches

i wouldn't read anything into what bruton said: it was on waterford local radio after all
I think you make very relevant points there. When in Rome....

Anorakphobia

Deasy is 100 times better than at least 150+ useless colourless nodding donkies in Dail Eireann.
If the future is Deasy or programmed androids like Dara Callery or John Curran I'll take the likes of Deasy anyday.
Wife also seems to be the acceptable face of a TV babe (ie she doesnt appear to be a pushy publicity craving back biting bitch)

Last edited:

Nobber Man

There's a byelection due down there. Deasy's (at least tacit) support is needed if Paudie Coffey is to be elected. This is mini-Bruton just stroking Deasy's ego and pandering to the local Cumann na nGaedhael / Redmondite vite.