Richard Bruton on V Browne

Tony Soprano

Im fit to explode!! Brilliant performance!! I hope those that voted confidence in Enda were watching tonight and they wouldve seen just why the wider public would preferred to see Richard leading Fine Gael!!

LeDroit

Up Mayo!

Tomas Mor

Was he that good when Biffo put him under the table before last election ? And if he had not such a sense of entitlement, George Colley style, and organised properly last June, he might be leader now.

Tony Soprano

Biffo put no one under the table!! (he'd drink richard bruton under the table alright, but that doesnt really count!)

eoghanacht

If FG had the cop on to make him party leader they'd sweep in to government with a majority.....ah welll.

Good performane, concise, articulate and spot on as far as i can see.
I can see why he viewed a certain RTE reporter as a threat to his position and dispatched him accordingly, would still have liked to see what FG would be like with Richard in the driving seat and g lee in economics

bored and fussy

I think Richard Bruton got a very easy ride from Vincent Brown, no ranting or raving to bruton about anything, with the result he had to go easy on liz mcmanus and the other person (cant remember his name) on the panel.
I think it is unfair to say bruton is better than kenny on the basis of that interview as he got away so easy.

Tomas Mor

Biffo put no one under the table!! (he'd drink richard bruton under the table alright, but that doesnt really count!)
Yes he did, and thats when Biffo is credited with taking the campaign by the "scruff of the neck", all waffle of course, but he got away with it, and the Clowns voted for him and his party.

neutral_lurker

Yep I thought he came across very well -reasoned and articulate.If he was leader he would give this country some much needed credibility.

Actually I thought all three panelists put their proposals across well.

sport02

I think Richard Bruton got a very easy ride from Vincent Brown, no ranting or raving to bruton about anything, with the result he had to go easy on liz mcmanus and the other person (cant remember his name) on the panel.
I think it is unfair to say bruton is better than kenny on the basis of that interview as he got away so easy.
Well atleast Bruton, has a pair, and will go on the VB show.
Enda, a little petrified, just in case he is showed up.

Iarmhi Gael

Im fit to explode!! Brilliant performance!! I hope those that voted confidence in Enda were watching tonight and they wouldve seen just why the wider public would preferred to see Richard leading Fine Gael!!
Just because he is not the leade - does not mean he adds nothing to Fine Gael. you need to start seeing the team instead of the personalities. A team wins a match not one player

polcol2

Bruton was excellent but party leaders are different animals. This really annoys me when people assume a vbrown or tv performance makes a good leader. Lots more to it and whether people like it or not Kenny has it. The political system on this country is flawed but I believe Kenny has mastered it, just look at election results. I absolutely believe that kenny will do the same next time out. Consequently the country will have the honour of having Bruton in a ministry where he will make a difference

PUFF DADDY

I agree. But Liz I am not standing in the next election, but my son might Mcmanus", got an easy ride of pure waffle...I am an ex labour - no policies.com..lets sit on the fence. Leftie UCD guy, agree with some points..but raising corp tax to 20% - get real. Though interested in knowing ray or no ray burke, can we get any money out of our "natural resource".....taxing 100k to the hilt was a silly of pointing statement from him me thinks.

Enda, plse move on, give richie and leo a chance...come on.

Media - will you ask labour WTF are your policies.

I joined the Labour Party 2 years ago, but me thinks I may unsubscribe..

WE NEED TO GET REAL HERE....what in Jan 2011 7% bond markets visit with the EU buying them ?

I dont know everything or understand the implications of cuts/taxes, but I am a mum of 3 and I really feel this country is shagged.

I WANT THE OPPOSITIONS SEE THE BOOKS

I WANT AN ELECTION

I WANT FRONTLOAD (FAIRLY) PAIN FIRST

I WANT RADICAL POLITICAL REFORM

I WANT REAL PUBLIC SECTOR REFORM

I WANT MY 2YR OLD TO HAVE A FUTURE

GIVE IRELAND AN ELECITON

LeDroit

Just because he is not the leade - does not mean he adds nothing to Fine Gael. you need to start seeing the team instead of the personalities. A team wins a match not one player
But a team needs a leader. That is the problem.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Captains lead teams to victory.

I dislike FG as I see them as virtually identical to FF but RB was very, very good tonight.

TonyBird

Ironically , we will be hearing that metaphor a lot in the coming days .
As our 'opposition' move to secure FFs position for another two years by taking Gormelys 'bait' :shock:

eoghanacht

Should have a team of leaders and a manager to make them play to their level on the pitch. Ferguson was hated by United Fans, removed some star players to their annoyance before he started to win. He's loved now.

Give Kenny the chance
It took fergie 5 years to win a throphy we havn't got that amount of time!

Vincent Browne's tie

Most importantly,

did Richard elaborate anymore on FGs potential budget policies or what they'd have in the gimmick 4 year plan?

I'm hoping the sacred old age pensions and welfare will start getting little snips as well as public sector cuts and increased income taxes..

darkhorse

Browne was off form and appeared to have a hangover
He even let Liz McManus woffle on about how Labour will solve the nations deficit problem by simply using generic drugs and higher taxes on those earning over €100k.
He ripped into Joan Burton for this this kind of tomfoolery a week ago.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies