• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Richard Dawkins. A Man for The New Age?

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Richard Dawkins the Elvis of Evolution continues to influence the world, at an alarming rate for some, and far too slow for me. :)

Since Carl Sagan no science writer has captured our imagination like Dawkins has. The astounding amount of media interest in the man is proof enough of his impact on today's readers.

Another thread on his fascinating career is what we need here. People like John Waters may be looking in and we don't want them to think we are without intelligence. Do we?

Yet another piece on Dawkins. How many have I read now. Don't ask! Danger in religion | The Spectrum

The Caped Cod

Is that New Age the Age of Aquarius?

Akrasia

Arrogance is forgivable if you;re right. Dawkins spends a lot of time 'debating' with creationists and these are some of the most arrogant people around, but they're totally and utterly wrong.

I have seen Dawkins in panel discussions being accused of arrogance by some of the most dispicably arrogant men that I have ever seen (ted haggard for example)

femmefatale

I don't think I've the energy for another Dawkins thread so soon after the last one, Maurice. Are you on a commission? ;)

Mitsui

Maurice, are you stirring, eh, excremental matter?

You know the Defenders of the Fairth will be here before long, and the fur will start flying!

Wakeupcall

Maurice, are you stirring, eh, excremental matter?

You know the Defenders of the Fairth will be here before long, and the fur will start flying!
When they do its a good way to point out the blind obedient sheeple without free thoughts of their own!

The Caped Cod

What exactly is the point of the thread? What is the question/theory/assertion you're making? What about Dawkins?

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
What exactly is the point of the thread? What is the question/theory/assertion you're making? What about Dawkins?
The point of this thread is to draw attention to the fact Richard Dawkins has opened up the subject of Evolution on the world stage and reactions to his views are flowing in on a daily basis which shows there is great interest in this topic world-wide.

My question is as stated in the title, is Richard Dawkins a man for this New Age..........of reason!
No theory. Just the accepted facts of Evolution here.

My assertion is he definitely fit's the bill. Your only man, so to speak.

Colonel Kurtz

Arrogance is forgivable if you;re right. Dawkins spends a lot of time 'debating' with creationists and these are some of the most arrogant people around, but they're totally and utterly wrong.

I have seen Dawkins in panel discussions being accused of arrogance by some of the most dispicably arrogant men that I have ever seen (ted haggard for example)
Dawkins mirrors the arrogance of the creationists imho. They are both equally objectionable. Robert Anton Wilson does a much better job.

As to whatever you think "right" is - I prefer maybe logic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEZtw1yt8Kc"]YouTube- Robert Anton Wilson explains Quantum Physics[/ame]

Richard Dawkins the Elvis of Evolution continues to influence the world, at an alarming rate for some, and far too slow for me. :)

Since Carl Sagan no science writer has captured our imagination like Dawkins has. The astounding amount of media interest in the man is proof enough of his impact on today's readers.

Another thread on his fascinating career is what we need here. People like John Waters may be looking in and we don't want them to think we are without intelligence. Do we?

Yet another piece on Dawkins. How many have I read now. Don't ask! Danger in religion | The Spectrum
He is perhaps, the missing link?

Mitsui

Robert Anton Wilson does a much better job.
I've had great time for Wilson since way back in the Illuminatus trilogy/Schrodinger's Cat/Cosmic Trigger days

Got the one-volume edition of Illuminatus! & read it again last year.

Hilarious to see how many of the p*sstakes in there can now actually be heard as genuine heartfelt theories.

The Caped Cod

The point of this thread is to draw attention to the fact Richard Dawkins has opened up the subject of Evolution on the world stage and reactions to his views are flowing in on a daily basis which shows there is great interest in this topic world-wide.

My question is as stated in the title, is Richard Dawkins a man for this New Age..........of reason!
No theory. Just the accepted facts of Evolution here.

My assertion is he definitely fit's the bill. Your only man, so to speak.
So no one has questioned creationism before Dawkins? Was no one interested in Secularism before Dawkins? I guess aggressive-secularist will have to change his name to mifffed-dawkinian.

What New Age of reason. As I've implied above, people ahve been questioning theistic ideology as long as theistic ideology has existed. What do you mean "the man" for this supposed New Age? The Man to do what exactly? Do you mean like "He da man!"? What exactly would be the role of The Man" in the "New Age"?

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
So no one has questioned creationism before Dawkins? Was no one interested in Secularism before Dawkins? I guess aggressive-secularist will have to change his name to mifffed-dawkinian.

What New Age of reason. As I've implied above, people ahve been questioning theistic ideology as long as theistic ideology has existed. What do you mean "the man" for this supposed New Age? The Man to do what exactly? Do you mean like "He da man!"? What exactly would be the role of The Man" in the "New Age"?
How many science books became consistently best sellers in the mass market of this or any other age? This Computer Age has the name Richard Dawkins attracting furious responses on P.I.

Have you anymore questions?