• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Richard Dawkins in Dublin

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Next Thursday Richard Dawkins will be giving a talk on his new book at the RDS Concert Hall. The Irish Times is offering free seats to the lucky folk who possess a mobile phone and register for the event by text !

This kind of exclusion is becoming a nightmare for those of us not of the chosen people!

I have never owned a mobile phone!

Dear Madam...........................

Meanwhile we all know ignorance of the Law is no excuse.

Therefore the First law of the Really New Testament is: Thou Shalt face the facts of Evolution. Think, and rise from your knees.

disgruntledcitizen

I have never owned a mobile phone!

Dear Madam...........................
though it seems odd that someone who uses the internet, etc doesn't have a mobile phone, its not an unreasonable assumption on behalf of the IT to assume that 99.999% of people either have a mobile phone or access to one.

It is also far easier for them to manage the allocation of free tickets via same so i see no reason why they should be compelled to provide alternate methods for people to obtain same free tickets if they won't have a mobile phone....

of course you could always use a email - sms gateway if it was that big a deal

Factorem

Txt RDS with your name, address and contact number to 57000 (ROI) and 81108 (NI). I'd love to go, but sadly I'll be in England that day.

Cato

I doubt Dawkinism will be round in 300 years' time.
I'd imagine that science will still be going strong with the theory of evolution either improved or replaced with a better theory, based on evidence and observation. The Catholic Church will undoubtably still be around too, as well as all the other superstitions, but with smaller numbers.

I'm sure you are really sorry to be away while Dawkins is here. We all know how much you like to honestly debate your beliefs with reference to evidence and observation.

Factorem

I'd imagine that science will still be going strong with the theory of evolution either improved or replaced with a better theory, based on evidence and observation. The Catholic Church will undoubtably still be around too, as well as all the other superstitions, but with smaller numbers.
In your dreams Cato.

I look forward to Science being able to explain death, birth, good and evil.

You see Scientific endeavour as an end in itself. The more enlightened members of the human race see Science and the man-made Scientific method - that Dawkins holds as sacrosanct - in a totally different context.

Cato

In your dreams Cato.

I look forward to Science being able to explain death, birth, good and evil.

You see Scientific endeavour as an end in itself. The more enlightened members of the human race see Science and the man-made Scientific method - that Dawkins holds as sacrosanct - in a totally different context.
Factorem, I doubt you have the faintest idea of my views on science, but here's a clue; I think that the Principle of Intelligibility is unproven and unprovable. I very much view science as a means, not an end.

Do try harder.

PS Would you care to give us your view on good and evil?

Factorem

Factorem, I doubt you have the faintest idea of my views on science, but here's a clue; I think that the Principle of Intelligibility is unproven and unprovable. I very much view science as a means, not an end.

Do try harder.

PS Would you care to give us your view on good and evil?
Best of luck with that.

Cato

Cato

No. It's a polite way of saying you're entitled to your opinion.
Why thank you, I am, and you yours, but neither of us should try and impose our views on others!

advertismo

There are actually some intelligent arguments in favour of atheism out there; don't let Dawkins put you off.

''So, Jesus; what have you to say about Australopithecus Afarensis ?''

''Gottle-of-Geer.''

Factorem

What a classic example of evolution in action.
Those who have adapted to the new electronic age have the edge over those who haven't.
I tried the whole no mobile phone thing for over a year. In the end, my mates were buying me phones for €15 from Tesco. I have a windows mobile phone now with internet, radio and GPS and it's truly great. I see it as offloading processing from your brain to your handheld device, effectively expanding the size of your brain! It's only a matter of time before phones become equipped with all kinds of sensors and can transfer semantic information between each other with ease.

Cato

There are actually some intelligent arguments in favour of atheism out there; don't let Dawkins put you off.

''So, Jesus; what have you to say about Australopithecus Afarensis ?''

''Gottle-of-Geer.''
Dawkins is certainly not the best proponent. Not by a long shot. James, Santayana and Russell are far superior.

Guy Smiley

For the love of God, I hope the government does something to curb Dawkins' blasphemous message of hate. We cannot allow his nihilistic religion of anti-Christianity to remain unchecked. For the sake of the young. For the sake of OUR KIDS!

Factorem

Why thank you, I am, and you yours, but neither of us should try and impose our views on others!
Christians will continue to spread the Good News by the most effective means available to them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies