• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ricin used in attempt to kill Obama

Ulster-Lad

An attempt has apparently been made on the US President Obama. A letter that apparently contains the deadly poison Ricin was sent to Obama but was intercepted. Another letter was sent to a Republican Senator that also contains Ricin.

Two letters containing the potentially deadly poison ricin sent to President Barack Obama and a US senator are related, the FBI has said.
Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Washington (CNN) -- Government laboratories are testing samples of a suspicious substance found in letters at off-site White House and Senate mailrooms after preliminary test results pointing to the deadly poison ricin rattled Washington, authorities said Wednesday.

White House mail handlers identified a "suspicious substance" Tuesday in a letter addressed to President Barack Obama that preliminarily tested positive for ricin, the FBI said. The same day, a similar letter addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi, tested positive for ricin -- a toxin with no known antidote, officials said.
Ricin scare rattles Washington - CNN.com

Last edited:

slippy wicket

I believe the perpetrator has already been picked up.

I believe this I'd what you would call a smart but stupid attempt at harming the us president.
Not a hope in hell of it succeeding.

blokesbloke

Slightly misleading thread title.

I thought I was going to read someone had actually fired a shot towards him or something.

Yes a letter containing a poison was sent to Obama, but even the most deluded sender knew it had zero chance of him ever seeing it.

The letter was sent to make a point. It's nasty and it's serious but it was hardly a real assassination attempt.

Besides, one was sent to a Republican politician too. With very little more chance of him ever seeing it too, I assume.

I suppose "President and Senator sent letters containing ricin" isn't quite as dramatic but it's a lot more accurate.

Considering recent events in America we're all a bit jumpy about this sort of thing and I'd rather not read misleading titles like that thanks.

owedtojoy

Slightly misleading thread title.

I thought I was going to read someone had actually fired a shot towards him or something.

Yes a letter containing a poison was sent to Obama, but even the most deluded sender knew it had zero chance of him ever seeing it.

The letter was sent to make a point. It's nasty and it's serious but it was hardly a real assassination attempt.

Besides, one was sent to a Republican politician too. With very little more chance of him ever seeing it too, I assume.

I suppose "President and Senator sent letters containing ricin" isn't quite as dramatic but it's a lot more accurate.

Considering recent events in America we're all a bit jumpy about this sort of thing and I'd rather not read misleading titles like that thanks.
Apparently, the sender of the letters is an Elvis & celebrity impersonator, and signed the letters with his stage name KC.

Smart move.

Ricin suspect Kevin Curtis: Elvis impersonator and body parts conspiracy theorist from Mississippi 'sent poisoned letters to Obama' | Mail Online

Cassandra Syndrome

According to his fanatics and the media, I thought only Kryptonite could kill Obama?