Ridiculous Speed Limits

Pabilito

I’m a relatively careful driver, but many of our Speed Limit’s are completely unreasonable and are unnaturally slow to the extent that it’s difficult to drive a car that slow on a good road.

One example is the M50\Blanchardstown flyover where the speed limit on the motorway drops from 100kph to 50kph and then drops to 30kph on the flyover. Nobody drives at less than 70kph on this 30kph stretch of the motorway as driving at the Speed Limit of 30kph is extremely dangerous and could easily cause a pile up.

Nonetheless you could lose your licence here for being prudent and driving at a safe speed.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
That's ridiculous.

mdb82

100 km/h sign near where I live, on a tiny road just before a 90 degrees bend, impossible to drive over 30kph. Can't trust speed limits in Ireland. Especially outside of main roads.

mdb82

I think I could say without exaggeration I have never seen a car do 30kph over that ramp. Obviously its not impossible but it completely crazy. The 50kph section before this nuts too. This is a one way system with no junctions or pedestrians.
I wonder, if you go 50 over such ramp and damage your suspension. Could you suede the responsible party for damages?

Pabilito

I think I could say without exaggeration I have never seen a car do 30kph over that ramp. Obviously its not impossible but it completely crazy. The 50kph section before this nuts too. This is a one way system with no junctions or pedestrians.
I pass through this twice daily for years , I have had irritated Gardai cars pass me by as if I were breaking the law by driving too slow.

willyboy14

Civil servants make up the rules on speed when
clearly they have never visited the sites affected.
More from wacky Ireland...

Bill

I’m a relatively careful driver, but many of our Speed Limit’s are completely unreasonable and are unnaturally slow to the extent that it’s difficult to drive a car that slow on a good road.

One example is the M50\Blanchardstown flyover where the speed limit on the motorway drops from 100kph to 50kph and then drops to 30kph on the flyover. Nobody drives at less than 70kph on this 30kph stretch of the motorway as driving at the Speed Limit of 30kph is extremely dangerous and could easily cause a pile up.

Nonetheless you could lose your licence here for being prudent and driving at a safe speed.
which part of the junction is that, going into town , soutbound off n3 etc...

Roll_On

Can a car climb that much at 30km/h? what gear are you supposed to use?

Civil servants make up the rules on speed when
clearly they have never visited the sites affected.
More from wacky Ireland...
Yup.

Civil servants never drive.

FFS.

Slievenaglogh

My house in the outer Dublin commuter belt is on a sinuous road lined with housing estates, singles houses, schools etc for a mile and more in each direction. The speed limit is 50kph. This is almost universally ignored, especially in the mornings from 6am on when most cars go by at 80-100kph. There are speeding cars all day long. There is no enforcement. Therefore speed limits are pointless and should be abolished altogether.

SPN

The speed limit is 50kph. This is almost universally ignored, especially in the mornings from 6am on when most cars go by at 80-100kph. .
What make and model of speed gun are you using?

Pabilito

which part of the junction is that, going into town , soutbound off n3 etc...
Heading north on the M50 it’s the exit after the toll bridge for the N3 Blanchardstown bypass and also going in the opposite direction.

che schifo

Abolish speed limits? Dangerously slow? Did Jeremy Clarkson hack p.ie last night?

NewGoldDream

Website
-
My house in the outer Dublin commuter belt is on a sinuous road lined with housing estates, singles houses, schools etc for a mile and more in each direction. The speed limit is 50kph. This is almost universally ignored, especially in the mornings from 6am on when most cars go by at 80-100kph. There are speeding cars all day long. There is no enforcement. Therefore speed limits are pointless and should be abolished altogether.
Is this a parody? Knowing irony?

It's hard to tell these days?