Right to bear arms

Glenshane4

Do you honestly believe that if everyone in the 6 Counties had legally held guns 50 years ago, that the death toll would have been lower than it was 30 years later?
The death toll might not have been lower but the deaths would have been more evenly distributed between us and them.

I also think that if everyone had been issued with a gun, it would have been more difficult for Eire republican schemers to hi-jack the Catholic response to Prod aggression and use it for their idiotic Brits Out campaign.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Why Glenshane, sometimes you come across as faintly loyalist ;)

Glenshane4

Why Glenshane, sometimes you come across as faintly loyalist ;)
If by "loyalist" you mean "Prod," please call them Prods. We Catholics are loyalist too but we are loyal to different things.

I am not a Prod but I do share some views with most Prods.

a) I want Northern Ireland to remain in the UK.
b) I want the UK out of the EU.
c) I dislike Eire people.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Clearly 'Eire people' do interest you to some extent as you tend to lurk around these parts.

I am surprised to hear you may be a 'catholic loyalist' and are therefore admitting a loyalty to the head of the Church of England. Did you never spare a thought for the defenceless little catholic children damaged by this....

milipod

If by "loyalist" you mean "Prod," please call them Prods. We Catholics are loyalist too but we are loyal to different things.

Nobody cares what you think.

Mickeymac

It's not the legal guns in NI that you need to worry about.

Depends on whose guns you term legal.

The British introduced the gun into Irish politics then cried foul when the Irish defended themselves before going on the

offensive to rid the island of the invader, just like many other Nations done before and after to rid themselves of the tyrants.

Golah veNekhar

The below is well worth a listen. It destroys a lot of the myths that a lot of Western Europeans have about gun rights in the USA which actually vary greatly by State.

Glenshane4

"Clearly 'Eire people' do interest you to some extent as you tend to lurk around these parts."

Yes, indeed Staters do interest me. I like exposing their bad manners and their double standards.

"I am surprised to hear you may be a 'catholic loyalist' and are therefore admitting a loyalty to the head of the Church of England."

Who is the Head of the Church of England?

"Did you never spare a thought for the defenceless little catholic children damaged by this..."

The defenceless little children of Catholics will be reasonably safe so long as the attend schools controlled by Catholics in which all the teachers are Catholics and in which all the pupils are Catholics. The Bible advises "Come ye out from among them."

milipod

Are you from Northern Eire?

death or glory

death or glory

That's cool I live in Leinster.
I'm Real cool to live in the best part of the UK.
You are cordially invited to our centenary party in two years time, you seem like a right bloke.
Make sure your passports in order and leave plenty of time to get through your border checks.

milipod

I'm Real cool to live in the best part of the UK.
You are cordially invited to our centenary party in two years time, you seem like a right bloke.
Make sure your passports in order and leave plenty of time to get through your border checks.
Thanks for the invite Elvis but I don't like bonfires in urban areas cant be good for the environment or one's health.

Newrybhoy

Thanks for the invite Elvis but I don't like bonfires in urban areas cant be good for the environment or one's health.
It would take a lot of bonfires to get anywhere near the pollution caused by burning turf to generate electricity.

Now what country would do that?

New Threads

Most Replies