Right to bear arms

milipod

It would take a lot of bonfires to get anywhere near the pollution caused by burning turf to generate electricity.

Now what country would do that?
Indeed I agree but one would not like one's child to witness drunks dancing around a bonfire in an urban setting.

Last edited:

death or glory

Indeed I agree but one would not like one's child to witness drunks dancing around a bonfire in an urban setting.
Maybe you should try it.
Maria Cahill did and she loved it.
One minutes its destroying the environment you don't like, the next it's the alcohol abuse.
Did you ever see the aftermath of a paddy's day parade.

milipod

Maybe you should try it.
One minutes its destroying the environment you don't like, the next it's the alcohol abuse.
I don't like alcohol abuse or bonfires in urban settings or destroying the environment, do you?

Dearghoul

Maybe you should try it.
It's not what the real actual British do though is it Dogs?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
No, I suppose that would be 'Guido Fawkes'. Where's that fatso Tom Watson in all this Brexit caper, by the way?

Seems to have made himself very scarce over the last few weeks, normally you can't get him off the airwaves.

Paddyc

I don't think it's fair to call Tom Watson 'fatso' any more, he's lost about seven stone in the last while. He does seem to be maintaining 'radio silence' all right.

Going back on topic, do we have figures for the number and types of legally held firearms in NI?

How many are shotguns, low calibre rifles for farmers?
How many are more serious weapons held for personal protection?

In the second category, have they all been recorded for ballistics so that if they are used to shoot somebody, can they be tracked back to the owner immediately?

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of a high murder/shooting rate involving legally held firearms in NI.

Am I missing something?

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
No, I suppose that would be 'Guido Fawkes'. Where's that fatso Tom Watson in all this Brexit caper, by the way?

Seems to have made himself very scarce over the last few weeks, normally you can't get him off the airwaves.
Ah, yes: nice Guy. More myth than mister:
  • Christened in 1570 at St Michael le Belfrey here in York — which means this oh-so-faithful Roman Catholic would have been inducted into the Church of England under Archbishop (and ultra-protestant) Edmund Grindal. And Guy's dear old dad was also a functionary of the Anglican Minster.
  • The 'Guido' bit dates from young Fawkes serving in the Spanish army in the Netherlands.
  • Allegedly (according to the puffery about Guy Fawkes Inn) born in a house built 152 years later. The Faux/Fawkes family home was round the corner, in Stonegate — so Ye Olde Starre Inne would have a better claim.
  • Quite possibly the victim of a set-up by Robert Cecil (Parkinson's account, while partly superseded by others, is still as readable as any gets).
As for that fatso Tom Watson, he's slimmed down since his diabetes was diagnosed — these days he's remarkably svelte. Oh, and invitations to appear on the media are not in his gift — and the mainline broadcast channels are over-#Brexit-friendly (added to which, Tom took on Murdoch, and won). But watch for Tom at the Labour Conference.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Sounds like the Cecils/Burleighs family had a good run themselves of intelligence agents from the Elizabethan era at the highest level.

It was the first Robert Cecil, Lord Burleigh, who helped keep Betty One on the throne in the sixteenth century, along with the original spymaster Walsingham.

Mickeymac

I don't think it's fair to call Tom Watson 'fatso' any more, he's lost about seven stone in the last while. He does seem to be maintaining 'radio silence' all right.

Going back on topic, do we have figures for the number and types of legally held firearms in NI?

How many are shotguns, low calibre rifles for farmers?
How many are more serious weapons held for personal protection?

In the second category, have they all been recorded for ballistics so that if they are used to shoot somebody, can they be tracked back to the owner immediately?

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of a high murder/shooting rate involving legally held firearms in NI.

Am I missing something?

Some questions there Paddy, noticed though you have not asked as to the whereabouts of security force and their loyalist proxies armaments used to murder many innocents (non-combatants).

Was quite surprised actually to see a mention of legally or otherwise held weapons used in the six counties without the name of Brian Nelson.

Many questions remained unanswered concerning the above weapons I mentioned and the licences of third force weapons waved in the air by Paisley on a hillside.

Highly unlikely the victims of these weapons will see justice accomplished for these innocents unfortunately.

All in all, a disgraceful state of affairs and I don't expect the British State step in to help in recovering forensics on these weapons, that's if, they have not destroyed them.

Paddyc

Some questions there Paddy, noticed though you have not asked as to the whereabouts of security force and their loyalist proxies armaments used to murder many innocents (non-combatants).

Was quite surprised actually to see a mention of legally or otherwise held weapons used in the six counties without the name of Brian Nelson.

Many questions remained unanswered concerning the above weapons I mentioned and the licences of third force weapons waved in the air by Paisley on a hillside.

Highly unlikely the victims of these weapons will see justice accomplished for these innocents unfortunately.

All in all, a disgraceful state of affairs and I don't expect the British State step in to help in recovering forensics on these weapons, that's if, they have not destroyed them.
The thread was about legally held weapons and I was trying put some kind of perspective on it.

I see that in 2012 there were 2,924 licenses for‘Personal Protection Weapons' and I assume this figure has stayed static.

Frankly, if a bunch of pensioners want to risk their death of cold waving gun licences for shotguns or small calibre hunting rifles on a mountain side, off with them.

I don't think legally held weapons are the problem in NI although David Murphy might disagree with me on that one. It would appear that the PUL community would be far safer if the Loyalists did finally decommission.

Mickeymac

The thread was about legally held weapons and I was trying put some kind of perspective on it.

I see that in 2012 there were 2,924 licenses for‘Personal Protection Weapons' and I assume this figure has stayed static.

Frankly, if a bunch of pensioners want to risk their death of cold waving gun licences for shotguns or small calibre hunting rifles on a mountain side, off with them.

I don't think legally held weapons are the problem in NI although David Murphy might disagree with me on that one. It would appear that the PUL community would be far safer if the Loyalists did finally decommission.

I understand the point you are making sir about legally held weapons in the six counties and I do think it fair to explain that hundreds of non combatants (innocents) died due to State "legally" held weapons held by their so called "peacekeepers" and others they were in collusion with ie loyalist paramilitaries like Murphy.

New Threads

Most Replies