Riot Police Stopped Crowd Saving People During Grenfell Tower Fire

Civic_critic2

According to an eyewiteness who was present on the night of the Grenfell Tower fire: "They never mentioned it in the news or anything. They came up and they blocked everyone, and then they just disappeared. I don’t know where they went
“People were pretty angry. Instead of saving people, why were they pushing us away? Why were they pushing our people away?

They were proper riot police, so many of them you can’t count them. Your mind is thinking about the fire. When is the building going to collapse? That’s what you are thinking. I was thinking about my friend, Hashim. That’s what was on my mind.

They blocked everyone, they stopped our access. Even to give them first aid. They stopped access.

Grenfell fire witness Johnny Regasa:

Is this not curious? During the fire they had the wherewithal to organise 'so many [riot police] you can't count them' but couldn't organise enough rescue support that even in the daylight hours there are videos of firemen chatting casually while people desperately shout for help from their windows just yards away? What the fk happened here?

I took a look for videos of some of these riot police and only found one:

[video=youtube;lTAqyXU5rno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTAqyXU5rno[/video]

That's allegedly from the night of the Grenfell Tower and seems to confirm what the eyewitness said.

[video]https://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=b798d1fca31c[/video]

Telstar 62

The hysterical local mob, egged on by Hard Left scum, won't
be satisfied until several scapegoats have been found and
'punished'.....

By popular acclamation, the Fire Brigade were 'heroes'
( even though they have questions to answer )
so will, of course, be given a free pass.

The Field Marshal

Thank God for those riot police.

Had they not stopped the ignorant deluded gobsh1tes trying to enter the burning building then the loss of life would have been even greater.

GDPR

How would a "mob" help the victims? There was a narrow staircase, they had no breathing equipment or other equipment for that matter. They would have clogged the only means of escape and many would have died too.

sgtharper

According to an eyewiteness who was present on the night of the Grenfell Tower fire: "They never mentioned it in the news or anything. They came up and they blocked everyone, and then they just disappeared. I don’t know where they went
“People were pretty angry. Instead of saving people, why were they pushing us away? Why were they pushing our people away?

They were proper riot police, so many of them you can’t count them. Your mind is thinking about the fire. When is the building going to collapse? That’s what you are thinking. I was thinking about my friend, Hashim. That’s what was on my mind.

They blocked everyone, they stopped our access. Even to give them first aid. They stopped access.

Is this not curious? During the fire they had the wherewithal to organise 'so many [riot police] you can't count them' but couldn't organise enough rescue support that even in the daylight hours there are videos of firemen chatting casually while people desperately shout for help from their windows just yards away? What the fk happened here?

That's allegedly from the night of the Grenfell Tower and seems to confirm what the eyewitness said.

Utter feckin' rubbish, and we don't have such a thing as "Riot Police" in the UK, there is no British equivalent of say, France's CRS.

rainmaker

Administrator
I should really offer a more reasoned, dignified & respectful response but actually I really think you should take your conspiracy poison & just p*** off now.

Yeah, go figure Einstein.

shanieboy01

Yeah great idea let loads of public into the site.. i am sure a mob would have been able to put out the fire....NOT. the riot police saved these numpties lives

fat finger

Thank God for those riot police.

Had they not stopped the ignorant deluded gobsh1tes trying to enter the burning building then the loss of life would have been even greater.

Harsh language, FM. Had you or any of us been there with friends or family inside we too would probably have attempted re-entering the building to rescue them. Human nature entirely. But not a good idea at all. Sending in the police to prevent such action will have saved lives for sure. It is well known how in some tragedies, rescuers can account for more than 50% of the fatalities >>

Rescuers turning into victims: Lessons from first responders on saving people.

Mad as Fish

Utter feckin' rubbish, and we don't have such a thing as "Riot Police" in the UK, there is no British equivalent of say, France's CRS.

It depends on how you wish to define 'riot police'. There may not be a dedicated force but there are plenty of officers who have undergone the necessary training and are able to respond as a unit at a moments notice -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Support_Unit_(UK)

I think the term 'riot police' is quite applicable to them.

Emily Davison

It's dreadful really the actions of the police preventing onlookers going into the burning building to rescue people. How many more lives could have been saved do you reckon if the police weren't so awful. Really the police have blood on their hands for preventing those potential dead hero's doing their life saving bit.

rainmaker

Administrator
Jesus wept. I cannot believe anyone is even indulging the conspiraloon OP.

I also cannot believe anyone thinks it is a good idea to allow unequipped, untrained & uncoordinated members of the public to be running around in an inferno while the fire brigade are already risking their lives to save residents & fight the fire.

Had they allowed the public to do so the very same posters would have been on here demanding to know why the police had allowed this & accusing them of negligence.

Last edited:

Strawberry

It seems to be a feature of modern life that conspiraloons latch on to every tragedy to push their paranoid world view on everyone else. 9/11, the Boston Marathon bomb and Sandy Hook attract similar nonsense.

Best ignored.

Jimmy Two Times

Jesus wept.

I cannot believe anyone thinks it is a good idea to allow unequipped, untrained & uncoordinated members of the public to be running around in an inferno while the fire brigade are already risking their lives to save residents & fight the fire.

Had they allowed the public to do so the very same posters would have been on her demanding to know why the police had allowed this & accusing them of negligence.
rainmaker with a typical "nothing to see here" comment. "Jesus wept" etc.

rainmaker

Administrator
rainmaker with a typical "nothing to see here" comment. "Jesus wept" etc.
There isn't and to suggest there is, is moronic. Nowhere in the western world would the police allow the public to be running in and out of an inferno like Grenfell tower, getting under the feet of firemen in the smoke, dark, panic and chaos.

To suggest the Met were up to something nefarious because they didn't is utter stupidity.

sgtharper

Public order squads are police for riots ye numpty
That's the point Dufuss, ordinary Police officers deal with public order situations in the UK, there are no "Riot Police" as such.

Simple enough for ye now?

sgtharper

It depends on how you wish to define 'riot police'. There may not be a dedicated force but there are plenty of officers who have undergone the necessary training and are able to respond as a unit at a moments notice -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Support_Unit_(UK)

I think the term 'riot police' is quite applicable to them.
Well I don't, it's loaded term for a start. They are ordinary police officers trained to deal with any kind of Public Order situation.

Jim Car

Not surprised the police stopped them going back in. Can you imagine the uproar and the consequences if the police let people driven understandably by emotion to enter a death trap. The same people attending rally's with Corbyn posters would be doing the same thing excepts asking why the police let people go back in.

Fact is there is a sizable section that are indeed using what happened for political purposes. The very fact people are storming council hearings or going to marches shouting Corbyn in May out is clear evidence of this.

New Threads

Most Replies