• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

RIP Caroline Aherne

tigerben

I've been watching the box set of the Royle family this week as my son loves it as well. Watching some episodes this morning ( lazy Saturday ) we were hoping for a Xmas special with baby David now been 16 . I'm shocked by the news , she hadn't the easy of times throughout her life . RIP.

moresthepity

RIP.

she was a big part of some very funny programmes.

wonder what part of Ireland her ancestors hail from?

Catalpast

Sad News indeed

- we all loved that Royle Family

- in this house anyway ....:D

RIP Caroline

silverharp

I remember Mrs Merton interviewed a boxer, was it Chris Eubank ? and she really ripped into him, cant find it on Youtube?

Ardillaun

I remember when the Pear Tree pub was mentioned on the Royle Family. We once lived a few streets away from there.

blinding

A brilliant and very influential comedienne .

Sadly very few female comediennes are anywhere near her standard .

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
A very individual character with some great moments in her short career. As was said above and I had not known, a very difficult past with health and lifestyle problems. Still she brought great happiness to many and I hope she will be remembered for that.

Will forever be remembered with the Royle's and many other great British comedies. R.I.P.

Casablanca

RIP, she had a lot of health issues, both mental and physical. She produced some fantastic comedy writing.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies