Rip-Off Republic Finale

campbeca

Good episode on competition I thought tonight. Advantage PDs in this weekends Sindo I should hope

TKwhiskers

Website
tkwhiskers.blogspot.com
Civil Servants, Professionals & Blue Collar Workers really got a hard time. It was good of Eddie not to go too hard on his friends in the corporate finance industry.

Deep Throat

aren't the PD's a pro-business party? (supposedly)
well they certainly haven't done anything to tackle the rip-off merchants.
what have they done with regard to competition in the pharmacy sector? sweet FA!
the PD's certainly are not pro-consumer
the people who are engaging in the rip-offs and overcharging etc (i.e. mcdowell's friends in the law library) are where the PD'S get their support.
why do you think that stephen o'byrnes and tim o'malley complained about eddie hobbs?
they stood idly by while bertie ahern put celia larkin on the competition authority ( A WELL PAID POSITION ACCORDING TO BERTIE AHERN)
PD's ---Dont make me laugh!

Deep Throat

what about benchmarking? that my friends was and is the biggest con-job ever perpertrated on the irish taxpayer. i believe that's where FG should focus as they have in the past. we are being screwed in local authority charges and levies and fees just to keep up with benchmarking. :( try mentioning benchmarking to any person running a small business and wait for their reaction. :evil: Isn't that right TK?
PS--WHAT WAS FINE GAELS POSTION ON BENCHMARKING? :wink:

Vietato

Maybe Smiffy could explain how the taxpayer has benefited from benchmarking?

Vietato

smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Maybe Smiffy could explain how the taxpayer has benefited from benchmarking?
Why would I? I don't think the taxpayer did benefit from benchmarking.
Do you feel a little guilty then, taking a rise for nothing in return?

Vietato

smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Do you feel a little guilty then, taking a rise for nothing in return?
Not really. I voted against it.
Why?
What was the relative votes for and against in your union.

smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Can you prove (or do you have anything to suggest) that I personally am overpaid for the amount and quality of work I do?
I don't doubt that there are civil servants who are worth what they're paid if not more but the service as a whole is poor value. So the likliehood is that you are overpaid for what you do.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Vietato said:
Why?
Because I thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (it's why I've voted against the last few Partnership deals as well). I don't know what the relative votes were, but it was substantially in favour. And, before you ask, I'm not going to tell you what my union is.

smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Can you prove (or do you have anything to suggest) that I personally am overpaid for the amount and quality of work I do?
I don't doubt that there are civil servants who are worth what they're paid if not more but the service as a whole is poor value. So the likliehood is that you are overpaid for what you do.
So the answer is no, then. Another victory for TheBanned.

Vietato

smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Why?
Because I thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (it's why I've voted against the last few Partnership deals as well).
Wait, don't tell me, you donate the extra you got from benchmarking to charity, right?

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Vietato said:
smiffy said:
Vietato said:
Why?
Because I thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (it's why I've voted against the last few Partnership deals as well).
Wait, don't tell me, you donate the extra you got from benchmarking to charity, right?
I wouldn't look at it as some kind of quid pro quo, but I donate more to charity than I got from the benchmarking. But I doubt (and don't really care) if you'll believe that.

Got anything to contribute to the topic, or is this just another LOOK AT THEBANNED!!!! attention seeking stunt?

Vietato

smiffy said:
I wouldn't look at it as some kind of quid pro quo, but I donate more to charity than I got from the benchmarking. But I doubt (and don't really care) if you'll believe that.
I believe you. You're a good 'un Smiffy.

:cry: <-- I'm not cryin cos I'm sad, it's cos I'm happy

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Deep Throat said:
what about benchmarking? that my friends was and is the biggest con-job ever perpertrated on the irish taxpayer. i believe that's where FG should focus as they have in the past. we are being screwed in local authority charges and levies and fees just to keep up with benchmarking. :( try mentioning benchmarking to any person running a small business and wait for their reaction. :evil: Isn't that right TK?
PS--WHAT WAS FINE GAELS POSTION ON BENCHMARKING? :wink:
Haha deep throat, you think tearing up benchmarking is going to win you an election ?

have you tried telling your Labour party mates that? What with them getting big support from the public sector unions.

I tell you, I can't wait till the debates before the general election, when we ask Phil Prendergast do back up Tom Hayes position that she, and the rest of the hard working nurses she works with don't deserve there pay rises under benchmarking.

And neither does Tom's wife, the schoolteacher. You think Tom is going to call for his missus to take a pay cut ?

what about the hard working gardai, who FG will be championing as the thin blue line against the hordes of rampaging youngsters terrorising old people ? Do they deserve their pay rises.

just so I'm upfront, I work in the private sector, so I'm not defending benchmarking from a position of personal interest, but I can't wait for Labour's grassroots to hear their potential TD's say they will back an end to benchmarking under a FG government. :lol:

campbeca

What do you do for a living Smiffy if you don't mind me asking?

campbeca

smiffy said:
campbeca said:
What do you do for a living Smiffy if you don't mind me asking?
Civil Servant

'Here lies a civil servant. He was civil To everyone, and servant to the devil'

C.H. Sisson

Most Replies