• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rising Stars

ireland2004

Just a thread to discuss the future of some of the young (well...younger than say 35) up and coming Sinn Féin Reps and activists.

People that stand out for me are;
Philip McGuigan
Pearse Doherty
Killian Forde

Daíthi Doolan
David Cullinane - lol what age is he roughly?

There is more but to tell you the truth I can't be bothered typing anymore so that'll do for now.

Any of the top three in my opinon are future party leader material, maybe after Conor Murphy who is in my opinon Sinn Féin's most able politican.

pluralist

I hear the Slab Murphy is well thought of.

pluralist

Bobby Storey, that's another one

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
shaneholden said:
Murphy has one advantage in that he 'looks' like a leader. Forde is too far left for future SF ventures towards the centre. SF are going to evolve into a baby FF, and that will alienate your hard left membership such as Forde and DOD.
Shane, Sinn Fein is not now or never will be a baby FF, we may sometime in the future overtake your party in strength, but we have no need to mimic you's.

duff

pluralist said:
Bobby Storey, that's another one
i know alot of people that do. Led the war from the front lines.

DOD

shaneholden said:
Murphy has one advantage in that he 'looks' like a leader. Forde is too far left for future SF ventures towards the centre. SF are going to evolve into a baby FF, and that will alienate your hard left membership such as Forde and DOD.
LOL, a bit of an insult to Killian to mention me in the same breath. In Cork South West, look out in years to come, for Paul Hayes- The housewife's choice! :D

edifice.

Mary Lou (Rising Star) has a political makeover...

DOD

http://www.clonsf.com/elections/2004/in ... 20Sinn%20Féin%20Candidates

Here is a picture of Paul. I didn't know how to post the pic, so follow the link. You can't miss him, he'll be the only one there that looks 27. Sound guy. Don't share a hotel room with him though, the snoring is chronic. :p [/url]

DOD

It's important symbolically that SF stand in every constituency at the next election.

DOD

MartinP said:
Des Dalton
We were talking about who you'd call 'PSF'

DOD

Thanks Smiffy, you legend you!

DOD

shaneholden said:
Oh, by the way, there are more than two of us.

Risteard

pluralist said:
As far as I am aware, he is not now and never was a member of Provisional Sinn Féin. Nor would I say he's particularly well thought of outside Provo circles. He's more into (allegedly) making money from his (alleged) smuggling activities.

Risteard

ireland2004

And Risteard allegedly you are a sheep-shagger and Des Dalton is allegedly a part time jigalo

:roll:

DOD

Risteard said:
MartinP said:
Des Dalton
A good man indeed.
I'm sure he is. I'm not blindly anti-RSF you know. At the end of the day, we have more in common with them than the likes of FF or FG.

BarryW

ireland2004 said:
......... maybe after Conor Murphy who is in my opinon Sinn Féin's most able politican
?!
:D :D

Conor Murphy ?! Your most able politician?!
Gadzooks

Cast your minds back to his woeful performance on Q&A a few months ago - where he was torn to shreds by John O' Donoghue.
(When your "most able politician" is made a fool of by anyone with O' Donoghue's shoddy debating skills, you must be in trouble)

He appeared again on Monday and was drab, long-winded and ineffectual

Thank god SF don't have any leadership crises on the horizon - they'd be in even more trouble than their chums in the UUP

ireland2004

I believe there was a thread on that very Q&A.

Btw Barry - I'm delighted Conor doesn't appeal to gobshítes like yourself beecauase if he did then we'd be doing something wrong.

I remember that Q&A and Conor put in the best preformance of all on the panel.