Risk of attack ‘very high’ warns Macron minister after Paris stabbing

bradlux

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner warned the terror risk was “high” to “very high” across the country following last Friday’s deadly attack which took place in the heart of the French capital, near to Notre-Dame cathedral. Mr Castaner said 59 terror attacks had been prevented by police since 2003, including three since the beginning of the year.
And he rejected opposition calls for his resignation but acknowledged opportunities had been missed to prevent last week’s killings.
He said: “Obviously there were failings, because three men and a woman have been killed.”
France terror alert: Risk of attack ‘very high’ warns Macron minister after Paris stabbing

cranberry1

And it now emerges that the stabber had full security clearance and could basically view anything he wished to ,you guys are very gullible bunch .

Orbit v2

Interesting as well that they declared so quickly immediately after it happened, that it wasn't terror related. The story was a dispute with his boss....

yosef shompeter

Poor France, at 12.5% of the population (1 in 8 and growing rapidly) they have one of the highest percentages of Muslims of all the European Union countries.
Long neglected in the Banlieus France has tried to correct this by integrating the muslim population into mainstream. You can appreciate Macron's position. Like what's a body to do? Keep them unemployed in the ghettos out of town or try to bring them into the workforce? With all these wars and (fundi) mental ideologies floating round the web sometimes all hell breaks loose. France should be counting itself lucky with this one -- only four killed plus the chappie with the knife -- who was (ahem) mentally ill and a muslim convert. Compare this with the body count in Nice >80 ! or Bataclan ca. 130! Charlie Hebdo 10 or 20!
If I was ruler of France I'd immediately set the French ladies to the monumental task of producing genuine French babies. Sadly, I must acknowledge the flaw in my plan. The ladies in question are now mostly north of 45 -- not good baby-making material -- and they mostly go in for abortions anyway! ☹

silverharp

there was another attack in Germany, nobody killed thankfully? whats up? I was hoping they were going away,

petaljam

Interesting as well that they declared so quickly immediately after it happened, that it wasn't terror related. The story was a dispute with his boss....
On the French news? Not saying it absolutely wasn't there but I don't remember hearing that in the early reports - the first article I read (Ouest France IIRC) said he was a recent convert to Islam, though it wasn't clear if the attack was linked to that, and either that article or another I saw within a couple of hours said that his wife was being interrogated. Which showed they were at least considering that it might be (presumably Islamic) terrorism.

I didn't come across any mention of his disability and alleged dissatisfaction over his lack of promotion until at least 24 or 48 hours later.

midlander12

On the French news? Not saying it absolutely wasn't there but I don't remember hearing that in the early reports - the first article I read (Ouest France IIRC) said he was a recent convert to Islam, though it wasn't clear if the attack was linked to that, and either that article or another I saw within a couple of hours said that his wife was being interrogated. Which showed they were at least considering that it might be (presumably Islamic) terrorism.

I didn't come across any mention of his disability and alleged dissatisfaction over his lack of promotion until at least 24 or 48 hours later.
It was definitely in the first reports I read about it, probably on the BBC. I did wonder about the story at the time but then subconsciously accused myself of jumping to conclusions.

McTell

Twitter
No
Almost all muslims are non-violent, especially when they get away from the brain-frying heat of the middle east.

In france a lot of not very keen muslims use the religion as an excuse to do horrible things because life isn't working out as planned.

They arrive in europe and expect that within 5 years they will be driving a ferrari with blondes on tap, and then find themselves in a banlieu with rien.

cunnyfunt

Almost all muslims are non-violent, especially when they get away from the brain-frying heat of the middle east.

In france a lot of not very keen muslims use the religion as an excuse to do horrible things because life isn't working out as planned.

They arrive in europe and expect that within 5 years they will be driving a ferrari with blondes on tap, and then find themselves in a banlieu with rien.
What utter BS. Although smaller in numbers, show me any non muslims from the middle east who migrated to the west who are committing acts of terrorism.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Interior Minister Christophe Castaner warned the terror risk was “high” to “very high” across the country following last Friday’s deadly attack which took place in the heart of the French capital, near to Notre-Dame cathedral. Mr Castaner said 59 terror attacks had been prevented by police since 2003, including three since the beginning of the year.
And he rejected opposition calls for his resignation but acknowledged opportunities had been missed to prevent last week’s killings.
He said: “Obviously there were failings, because three men and a woman have been killed.”
France terror alert: Risk of attack ‘very high’ warns Macron minister after Paris stabbing
Attacks barely raise an eyebrow nowadays. All part and parcel of life in borderless Europe. Thank God the EU is on the job. I was thinking about this attack the other day and I was struck by what it took for this guy to continue on as he did for as long as he did. Imagine it's France in 1938. Germany is loudly signalling its intent with regard to France. Meanwhile, over in Paris a cop takes to wearing jackboots, swastika armband and brown shirt to work and speaking in a fake German accent. Starts banging on about the Fuhrer. Refuses to greet people except by Nazi salute. What would happen? Now consider how hollowed out our "immune system" is when a cop shows up wearing middle-eastern gowns from the 8th century, starts banging on about Islamism and refuses to shake women's hands. He's basically screaming "I AM AN ISLAMIST!" and people shrug, afraid of being accused of bigotry. Until its too late. There's something rotten at the centre of things. We're a culture that cannot even take its own side in an argument, never mind defend itself.

yosef shompeter

Waves of emigrants were brought in after World War two. Turks into Germany, Paddies into UK along with west Indians, pakis etc. France took in a lot from Algeria, morocco. Holland took in Turks and Moroccans, Beligans took in Arabs and Blacks. The new-arrivals were very docile, peaceful people. The problems began with the first generation born in Europe, and the second and the third....etc.
But this pattern seems to have changed. Attacks on women, explosions etc. appear to be taking place among the newly arrived -- especially in Scandinavia.

McTell

Twitter
No
What utter BS. Although smaller in numbers, show me any non muslims from the middle east who migrated to the west who are committing acts of terrorism.
We're talking small numbers of either type.

former wesleyan

there was another attack in Germany, nobody killed thankfully? whats up? I was hoping they were going away,
Two killed. Not the Jews who were the target.

CatullusV

It was definitely in the first reports I read about it, probably on the BBC. I did wonder about the story at the time but then subconsciously accused myself of jumping to conclusions.
I was following it live on the French media. They never discounted it is an act of terrorism. Their first position seems to be to initially treat matters as a normal crime before escalating it if indications of a terrorist motive are detected.

yosef shompeter

For your perusal. An interesting article on how population statistics may pan out between now and 2050.
There are three scenarios:
a) Zero migration
b) Medium migration
c) High migration.
scenario a) is most unlikely, especially under the present EU and Macron.
scenario b) puts the muslim percentage at 17.4%
scenario c) puts the muslim percentage at 18% -- and the UK's at 17.2%, Germany's at 19.7%
Boy, is there going to be one helluva party coming down the tracks.
Ah! the source is Pew research -- a widely respected group.

I'm curious as to the stance that the feminist movement will take on this.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies