Roe vs Wade Deathwatch USA : How Long Has It Got?

The OD

When did you start feeling these fascistic emotions toward people of Faith?
For me it was when I was installing the Zyklon B dispersal system in block C, I guess.

Seemed appropriate.

McTell

Twitter
No
For me it was when I was installing the Zyklon B dispersal system in block C, I guess.

Seemed appropriate.

"Line on the left, one cross each"

:ROFLMAO:

Dame_Enda

A key test will be whether the last abortion clinic in Missouri is forced to close or whether SCOTUS stops it. A federal judge has put a stay on the closure for now but media say its likely just a temporary reprieve.

Peter72

A key test will be whether the last abortion clinic in Missouri is forced to close or whether SCOTUS stops it. A federal judge has put a stay on the closure for now but media say its likely just a temporary reprieve.
Closing it will be huge. A massive win for Life.

The OD

Closing it will be huge. A massive win for Life.
It won't really be though. If anything, it will definitely cause some born human women to die, so nobody wins here.

Also, what do you think should be done with all the unwanted children who might be born if this goes through?

I'm curious as to what solutions you think would work for them to grow up mentally, emotionally and physically healthy?

Peter72

It won't really be though. If anything, it will definitely cause some born human women to die, so nobody wins here.

Also, what do you think should be done with all the unwanted children who might be born if this goes through?

I'm curious as to what solutions you think would work for them to grow up mentally, emotionally and physically healthy?
Wohhhhhhh!!!!!

Are you actually saying that people who have gone through fostering or been adopted are worthy of less rights to life than others?

Wow.

Also. Who are these woman who will die?

The OD

Wohhhhhhh!!!!!

Are you actually saying that people who have gone through fostering or been adopted are worthy of less rights to life than others?

Wow.

Also. Who are these woman who will die?
Now, now Peter, don't be dishonest. So please engage with the actual words written and not whatever you want them to be please.

Try again, thanks.

Peter72

Now, now Peter, don't be dishonest. So please engage with the actual words written and not whatever you want them to be please.

Try again, thanks.
I don't need to 'try again' until you clarify your position.

Thanks, :)

The OD

I don't need to 'try again' until you clarify your position.

Thanks, :)
Oh dear.

Fair enough, its too difficult for you, sorry about that.

Seems I have been overly charitable in attributing a certain level of comprehension to you. :unsure:

owedtojoy

owedtojoy

Just as Alabama passed its restrictive abortion law, Democrat-run states have started to liberalise their own laws.

The country could end with a patchwork of different and extreme abortion regimes, something not seen since before the Civil War, where a slave could become free just by crossing a state line, and many states ignored the Fugitive Slave Act.

Dame_Enda

Just in. SCOTUS has refused to hear a challenge to a lower court ruling that blocked Alabama's law that banned abortions even in cases of rape and incest. Even Clarence Thomas concurred with the ruling.

owedtojoy

Gallup Poll ...

21% of Americans think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.
25% of Americans think abortion should be legal under some circumstances.
53% of Americans think abortion should be legal in all circumstances.

What is striking is that those figures have been fairly rock solid for 40 years, since Roe- vs Wade was decided.

blogt_gallup_abortion_2019.jpg

It is not that public opinion on abortion has shifted, what has changed that the the Republican Party have shifted more and more to the extreme position of the 21%.

owedtojoy

Just in. SCOTUS has refused to hear a challenge to a lower court ruling that blocked Alabama's law that banned abortions even in cases of rape and incest. Even Clarence Thomas concurred with the ruling.
No I think that is a different law, it is a 2015 law that banned abortion by "dilation and evacuation" in the 2nd trimester, which is when most abortions take place.

And if you read Clarence Thomas' concurrence, he is clearly indicating that he wants a change.

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in a concurring opinion that he agreed the court should not hear the case, but called it a "stark reminder that our abortion jurisprudence has spiraled out of control."

"Although this case does not present the opportunity to address our demonstrably erroneous 'undue burden' standard, we cannot continue blinking the reality of what this court has wrought," Thomas wrote.
There is comfort there, but just a crumb.

Dame_Enda

No I think that is a different law, it is a 2015 law that banned abortion by "dilation and evacuation" in the 2nd trimester, which is when most abortions take place.

And if you read Clarence Thomas' concurrence, he is clearly indicating that he wants a change.

There is comfort there, but just a crumb.
He's been banging that drum for 27 yrs and it hasnt happened.

owedtojoy

“Under the Hyde amendment, under every one of these efforts to try to chip away or push back or get rid of Roe v Wade, understand this, women of means will still have access to abortions,” said Warren, referring to the landmark US supreme court decision which legalized abortion across America.

“Who won’t will be poor women, working women, will be women who can’t afford to take off three days from work, will be very young women, will be women who’ve been raped, will be women who’ve been molested by someone in their own family,” she said.

“We do not pass laws that take away that freedom from the women who are most vulnerable.”

Trump's women, the Alabama State Assemblymen's women and all "women of means" will always have access to abortion. Restricting access to abortion is in many ways is punishment for being poor.

owedtojoy

He's been banging that drum for 27 yrs and it hasnt happened.
Yes, but reports say he is "having the time of his life". Putting the boot into poor women should make his day/ week/ month/ year/ decade.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies