• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Roger Waters UN Address-Israeli war crimes

chriskavo

Great speech by the Pink Floyd legend in support of the Palestinians ( see vid below).

Legendary UK musician, Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters, has reiterated his strong support for the Palestinian campaign for self-determination in a statement announcing a forthcoming conference in Brazil to support and expand the global movement for Palestinian rights.

Waters’ is a long-standing supporter of the Palestinian campaign to boycott, divest from and sanction Israel.

The World Social Forum Free Palestine will take place in November 2012 in Porto Alegre.

“The object will be to create an international gathering there,” said Waters, “that will encourage the basic human instinct in all men and women of good faith to unite in support of the Palestinian people in their struggle for self determination.”

Waters visited Palestine in 2006 and painted graffiti on Israel’s apartheid wall in the occupied West Bank.

The visit, and Waters’ support for BDS, came after Palestinians appealed to Waters to cancel a concert in Tel Aviv, an appeal the artist heeded.

Since that time, Waters observed in his statement, “All over the world, our movement is growing.”
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/we-stand-you-pink-floyds-roger-waters-announces-palestine-solidarity-forum-brazil

[video=youtube;3z-vhnB_lwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-vhnB_lwQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;Bpzxf_flm8M]http://youtu.be/Bpzxf_flm8M[/video]

Last edited:

controller

I met him in a bar outside London. He was acquainted with someone that I knew. I had two or three pints with him and I didn't recognise him, I thought that he looked like somebody that I knew or had met before :oops:, . I know we didn't talk about music, why would we, I didn't know who he was, but I do remember that he had a very firm handshake, and was a nice bloke

Comfortably Numb : Greatest Song ever - Fact

Dame_Enda

We don't need no Occupation!
We don't need road-block control.
Israelis leave those kids alone.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Hmmmmmmm.

He wrote a few neat songs. Not sure this makes his opinions any more relevant than, say, a punter on a barstool. I guess, like Bono, maybe he feels adding his weight will increase the profile of the issue...

controller

Hmmmmmmm.

He wrote a few neat songs. Not sure this makes his opinions any more relevant than, say, a punter on a barstool. I guess, like Bono, maybe he feels adding his weight will increase the profile of the issue...
It's about profile & publicity,he'll generate loads

chriskavo

It's about profile & publicity,he'll generate loads
Absolutely, the international communities patience is wearing thin with Israels ongoing war crimes. A legend like Waters can only be good for developing awareness and publicity of this.

Lonewolfe

He wants the Israeli's to tear down the WALLs!

Sorry, I'll get me coat :oops:

former wesleyan

Roger Waters asleep at the Russell Tribunal ( that was the one set up to find Israel guilty of everything, which it duely did ).

james5001

Roger Waters asleep at the Russell Tribunal ( that was the one set up to find Israel guilty of everything, which it duely did ).

Keep flinging, some will stick.

Cynicist

Nor does anyone who eats Chinese food?
Richard Humphreys TD eats Chinese food, claims that the 6 flotilla protesters killed by IDF were terrorists and blames Hamas for everything.

Because he is so active in his pro-Israeli propaganda it would be good to have transparency on his interests.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe

Richard Humphreys TD eats Chinese food, claims that the 6 flotilla protesters killed by IDF were terrorists and blames Hama for everything.

Because he is so active in his pro-Israeli propaganda it would be good to have transparency on his interests.
Question is, does he like his rice boiled or egg fried?

Seanie Lemass

Was the gig not for the ordinary (upwardly mobile) Chinese peeps of who there are now many millions?

More than the millions of labour camp slaves? Did he do a gig for them?

Absolute joke that anyone who plays a concert in China should be organising a boycott of Israel.

Franzoni

Waters played in China.

He has zero credability spoofing about human rights.
A song on one of his solo albums is about the tiananmen square massacre......

Didn't know he had played in China......