Roisin shortall

Bridget558

I always wonder why is she in the labour party, she is very right wing, she would suit FG.

Gemlarkin

Her natural home is Fianna Fáil along with Ruairi Quinn

I always wonder why is she in the labour party, she is very right wing, she would suit FG.
Her natural home is Fianna Fáil along with Ruairi Quinn and Brendan Howlin

Rabbitte is the only one that stands apart, but they shafted him.

cricket

No doubt you're going to back this up with supporting evidence any minute now ..... ?

LeDroit

Are you high? She's an irredeemable leftie who thinks the State should give everything to everybody and the 'rich' should pay for it. She's a subscriber to Toothfairy politics coupled with Robin Hood economics.

ne0ica

Are you high? She's an irredeemable leftie who thinks the State should give everything to everybody and the 'rich' should pay for it. She's a subscriber to Toothfairy politics coupled with Robin Hood economics.
Yes LeDroit my opinion exactly. Which sort of concerns me too. It shows you how far to the left the Labour party has gone under Gilmore and Burton when Shorthall is considered right-wing.

wombat

Panopticon

Shortall fits in well with Labour.

Now Joanna Tuffy - there is a woman who seems to be in the wrong party.

Bridget558

Why do you say this?
She is in favor of mandatory national id cards, not really a left wing policy is it? Then the labour party are not a real left wing party, back at the 07 election their policies were almost the same as the pds, of course now they talk populist ************************************************ about high taxes on rich and thats why they are so high in the polls, remember the people of ireland put bertie ahern and FF in power for the last 3 terms.

cllr

Joe Higgins is Left Wing ????

I suppose if you see Politics as a circle with the Far Left very close to the Far Right

Bridget558

I dont know why people think national id cards are a normal left wing policy. micheal mcdowell wanted to bring them in.

oggy

I dont know why people think national id cards are a normal left wing policy. micheal mcdowell wanted to bring them in.
Shortfall always comes to mind when this lady appears on tv

ocoonassa

the labour party are not a real left wing party,
Like the Shinners they're just corporatist neocons with some leftist crowd pleasers thrown in. Sure what left wingers would share power with FG. Still they're going to get plenty of idiots to vote for them. The ones who delivered the current government are looking for a new donkey to gamble everyone's futures on.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Shortall. She is one of the most honest, straight forward and really says it as it is. She is very strong on Trade Unions (quite anti their influence in the party). She represents one oft he poorest constituencies in the country, but doesn't offer easy, lazy solutions like FF did for years (just keep raising social welfare without taking any measures to help people out of dependency). For instance she is very strong on clamping down on social welfare fraud. She should definitely be around the next cabinet table.

Chrisco

She is in favor of mandatory national id cards, not really a left wing policy is it? Then the labour party are not a real left wing party, back at the 07 election their policies were almost the same as the pds, of course now they talk populist ************************************************ about high taxes on rich and thats why they are so high in the polls, remember the people of ireland put bertie ahern and FF in power for the last 3 terms.
The further left you go the less liberal they get, so it is, in fact, a very left wing policy.

First of all Roisin Shortall is the very sort of cut the cr*p chat and let's get real sort of politician we need.

Secondly, anyone who thinks anyone could shaft Pat Rabbitte obviously doesn't know squat about the man. He'd put the fear of God into the devil.

And last but not least, those Right Wing nutters on here who are always demanding more stringent immigration rules, harsher prison conditions, more Gardai are objecting[/B to I.D.s being mandatory? Why? Why would it bother anyone who was not one of those people you right wingers hate so much, like, immigrants? If you have done nothing wrong, what's wrong with having to have an I.D.card? It would be very handy actually, save one having to drag household bills and passports around for various transactions. Really, come on. Someone shafted Pat Rabbitte? Oh lol lol lol. He'd kill ya with a word.

Radical

Personally I'm a huge fan of Shortall. She is one of the most honest, straight forward and really says it as it is. She is very strong on Trade Unions (quite anti their influence in the party). She represents one oft he poorest constituencies in the country, but doesn't offer easy, lazy solutions like FF did for years (just keep raising social welfare without taking any measures to help people out of dependency). For instance she is very strong on clamping down on social welfare fraud. She should definitely be around the next cabinet table.
I live in her constituiency and I have never once seen her on the ground. She is lazy and never gets back to people. I sent her an email a couple of weeks ago and she just ignored it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies