Roman Catholic priest assaulted in Glasgow during Orange march.

Wascurito

A Roman Catholic priest was subjected to an attack outside a Catholic church in Glasgow as Scotland’s largest Orange Walk went by.

The ordeal unfolded outside St Alphonsus’s church on Stevenson Street around 4.20pm on Saturday afternoon.

It's understood that the priest was spat upon, hit with a baton and was pelted with verbal abuse, just as parishioners congregated for mass.

Reports insist that those involved weren't taking part in the march. So where did they get the baton?

'Fenian b******': Catholic priest spat on as Orange parade passed his church in Glasgow

FOURGREENFIELDS

A Roman Catholic priest was subjected to an attack outside a Catholic church in Glasgow as Scotland’s largest Orange Walk went by.

The ordeal unfolded outside St Alphonsus’s church on Stevenson Street around 4.20pm on Saturday afternoon.

It's understood that the priest was spat upon, hit with a baton and was pelted with verbal abuse, just as parishioners congregated for mass.

Reports insist that those involved weren't taking part in the march. So where did they get the baton?

'Fenian b******': Catholic priest spat on as Orange parade passed his church in Glasgow
My mate who lives in Glasgow sent me this report earlier. He says that local people are disgusted at not only the attack on the priest but the reaction from Police Scotland. He says the cops allowed these scumbags to harass and insult people the entire route and that the cops just looked on. That's no surprise to those of us who know the Scottish cops many of whom are Masons and die hard Rangers fans.

Wascurito

My mate who lives in Glasgow sent me this report earlier. He says that local people are disgusted at not only the attack on the priest but the reaction from Police Scotland. He says the cops allowed these scumbags to harass and insult people the entire route and that the cops just looked on. That's no surprise to those of us who know the Scottish cops many of whom are Masons and die hard Rangers fans.
There's no bitterness
Like Scot bitterness...

All together now!

Wascurito

There's no bitterness
Like Scot bitterness...

All together now!

Wascurito

So, contrary to earlier reports, it seems that marchers did take part in the abuse. The bit in bold makes Scotland in 2018 look a lot like NI several decades.

"One witness told The Scottish Sun about the 'frightening' incident after leaving the church in Glasgow’s east end.

She said: 'I attended the 4.30pm mass at St Alphonus last night and at the end around 5.20pm the congregation attempted to exit the church only to be obstructed by the orange walk going by.'

'The priest was in front of us trying to say thanks for attending but the verbal abuse from people in the walk, not just hangers, on was frightening.'

'They shouted paedo, the spat on the priest, hit him with a baton. They were obnoxious. It’s so sad to see such venom in people’s faces towards church goers.'

'Where was all the police protection, does our priest at the least not deserve this? Why did Glasgow city council allow them to walk past the church at this time?'
"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2899543/glasgow-priest-branded-paedo-fenian-st-alphonsus-church-orange-order-walk-tom-white/

Wascurito

ZOO.

Couldn`t be bothered discussing scum bags on p.ie
Ah now, come on, Hammer. I've had some memorable discussions with you about "scumbags".

We were just careful not to use the word. *wink*

fifilawe

what would you expect from a cat but to kill a mouse! what would you expect from a dog but a bite? Alas, the same is true with people, hatred, bitterness, ambivalence, ridicule gets into the DNA /Instinct after many generations of passing the "traits on ".We humans are no different from Darwin's finches on the Galapagos islands , new species brought about by selective breeding.Why are our own "ethnic minority" carrying on the way they do , well my opinion is "Monkey does what monkey sees".

MsDaisyC

I read a great description of Orange marches yesterday. "A drum parade of failed Weight Watchers".

Orbit v2

A spokesperson for Police Scotland said: “Police Scotland were made aware that a priest at the Barras was assaulted outside his church around 4.20pm this afternoon.

“The parade was passing the church at the time, however the assault was not believed to be carried out by someone taking part. Details have still to be confirmed.

“Enquiries into the assault, which we believe to be minor in nature, are at a very early stage.”
That's a very unprofessional response from the Scottish police. It wouldn't make you want to visit the place.

NativeWildCat

This is a homophobic attack.

Franzoni

I read a great description of Orange marches yesterday. "A drum parade of failed Weight Watchers".
Deep fried Mars Bars and mushy peas washed down with a bottle of Buckie

Not exactly a diet of champions or one known for improving the production of brain cells...

Wascurito

So, contrary to earlier reports, it seems that marchers did take part in the abuse. The bit in bold makes Scotland in 2018 look a lot like NI several decades.

"One witness told The Scottish Sun about the 'frightening' incident after leaving the church in Glasgow’s east end.

She said: 'I attended the 4.30pm mass at St Alphonus last night and at the end around 5.20pm the congregation attempted to exit the church only to be obstructed by the orange walk going by.'

'The priest was in front of us trying to say thanks for attending but the verbal abuse from people in the walk, not just hangers, on was frightening.'

'They shouted paedo, the spat on the priest, hit him with a baton. They were obnoxious. It’s so sad to see such venom in people’s faces towards church goers.'

'Where was all the police protection, does our priest at the least not deserve this? Why did Glasgow city council allow them to walk past the church at this time?'
"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2899543/glasgow-priest-branded-paedo-fenian-st-alphonsus-church-orange-order-walk-tom-white/
Reports from witnesses say the marchers were involved in the assault on the priest.

"ORANGE Order chiefs have denied that any of their members were involved"....which suggest that they know who was involved. I wonder have they contacted the police with this information.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2902548/glasgow-orange-order-deny-involved-priest-spit-tom-white-march/

milipod

Deep fried Mars Bars and mushy peas washed down with a bottle of Buckie

Not exactly a diet of champions or one known for improving the production of brain cells...
Deep fried Mars Bars what the fúck is that about?

popular1

Deep fried Mars Bars what the fúck is that about?
I grew up in glasgow. We had an orange lodge on our street. We battered them. They battered us when we got the chance.
I can't understand how the March was allowed to pass this church when the March was passing.
This area around the barras and Calton is one of the oldest catholic irish enclaves in glasgow and anyone from Glasgow would know what would happen If the March and chur h goers met.
Very bad policing and organisation by all concerned.
But is it any different to antifa and sinn fein chasing pegida down o connell st
I think not

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies