Root Of All Evil In North Of Ireland Statelet.

Mickeymac

01: Ireland was the British Empire's first colony and the entity known as 'Northern Ireland' is a remnant of that colony. The fact a foreign British power unilaterally incorporated Ireland into its UK governance system and thereafter imposed a undemocratic partition did nothing to alter its status here is that of a colonial occupier.

English Oxford Dictionary definition of a 'Colony';

Some may find it boring, but, let's get to the core of the problem........read on........

Ruaidri Ua Conchobair: Root Of All Evil In North Of Ireland Statelet

Novos

01: Ireland was the British Empire's first colony and the entity known as 'Northern Ireland' is a remnant of that colony. The fact a foreign British power unilaterally incorporated Ireland into its UK governance system and thereafter imposed a undemocratic partition did nothing to alter its status here is that of a colonial occupier.

Some may find it boring, but, let's get to the core of the problem........read on........

It's awful isn't it. You should get some leaders that can get you a referendum and persuade people to vote to leave.
What? you don't have any of those??

Cruimh

It's awful isn't it. You should get some leaders that can get you a referendum and persuade people to vote to leave.
What? you don't have any of those??
Irish America .... an inspiration to the world :D

Brian Boyd: Clinton

Tim Kaine pointed to one facet of the Irish experience in America. But there is another: the Irish in America were inglorious bastards.
“N*ggers out of Boston, Brits out of Belfast”. These words were chanted by the Irish in Boston during that city’s disgraceful busing desegregation debacle of the 1970s and 80s.
When the racial segregation of public schools was made illegal in Massachusetts in 1965, black children were bused to schools in different parts of the city. The Boston Irish were prime movers in an anti-desegregation movement, some supporters of which chanted “N*ggers Out”.
These were of course the people who were outraged about supposed civil rights violations in Northern Ireland in the 70s and 80s....

“It is a curious fact” wrote John Finch, while travelling through the United States in 1843, “that the class of Irish immigrants in America are greater enemies to the negro population and greater advocates for the continuance of negro slavery than any portion of the population in the free States”.
The Irish in America were prize-winning racist thugs. In Chicago in 1864, 400 hundred Irish dockworkers violently attacked 12 black men who were looking for work at the dockyard.
The Chicago Tribune, reporting on the story, had it that anti-black violence was the exclusive domain of the Irish: “The Germans never mob colored men from working for whoever may employ them. The English, the Scotch, the French, the Scandinavians, never molest peaceable black people. Americans never think of doing such a thing. No other nationality consider themselves “degraded” by seeing blacks earning their own living by labor”.
During the 1842 Lombard Street riots in Philadelphia an Irish mob attacked black men, women and children; in the 1863 New York draft riots Irish gangs set fire to a black orphanage and lynched black men.
Whenever the Irish are involved in a fight, the one thing you’re certain of is hearing a ballad being sung about it for centuries afterwards. But there aren’t any ballads commemorating the unprovoked mob attack on black people in Lombard Street, no lament about the Irish burning orphanages and lynching black men in New York.
Doubtless this was "different" .....

And presumably dJarry's Tweet was aimed at morons like thickyMac

Speaking in Brooklyn on his return he said: “I am told that the Irish element in this country is exceedingly strong and will never allow coloured men to stand upon an equal political footing with white men. I am pointed to the terrible outrages committed by Irishmen upon negroes. The mobs at Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, and New York are cited as proving the unconquerable aversion of the Irish toward the coloured race”.
It’s remarkable how we can in our more ridiculous moments identify as “the blacks of Europe” and yet we were lynching black people in New York even before the Ku Klux Klan came into existence.

Strawberry

The OP is all about how Ireland was a colony, and the responses are ...

1) Gloating about the lack of leadership in Ireland, and

2) Quoting people who claim that Irish emigrants to the US were hostile towards education and employment for black people.

Both of which would be characteristics of a colonised people. Not really sure what either of you were aiming for with your posts, but presumably you weren't trying to substantiate Mickeymac's OP, so I can only assume you both missed.

Mickeymac

Seems there is some interest in this thread by a section of our usual suspects.........problem is........the AH's have not addressed one item or subject in the OP.

Get outta here you trolling ********

Mickeymac

The OP is all about how Ireland was a colony, and the responses are ...

1) Gloating about the lack of leadership in Ireland, and

2) Quoting people who claim that Irish emigrants to the US were hostile towards education and employment for black people.

Both of which would be characteristics of a colonised people. Not really sure what either of you were aiming for with your posts, but presumably you weren't trying to substantiate Mickeymac's OP, so I can only assume you both missed.

Big prob Straws, for years we, on here, have tried relentlessly to educate these a$$holes.

Strawberry

Big prob Straws, for years we, on here, have tried relentlessly to educate these a$$holes.
Well...maybe you've succeeded. If Novos and Cruimh are cheering on your post and even providing supporting evidence for it, maybe they agree with you. I can't see any other logical reason for the contents of their replies in this thread, except maybe that they're both too stupid and bigoted to understand the implications of what they posted.

Mickeymac

02: Contrary to the devious or naive interpretation some NI Unionists apply to our GFA peace deal of 1998, the Irish nation signed the GFA solely to a) end the killing and b) affirm we would use peaceful means to remove the undemocratically imposed border which partitioned our native island homeland. Consequently, nothing has been 'settled' but rather placed into an agreed state of flux that can only be finalised by reunification of the Irish nation.

I will of course bring up the bits you ignored crumb:lol:

Let's discuss this before we move further.

Mickeymac

Well...maybe you've succeeded. If Novos and Cruimh are cheering on your post and even providing supporting evidence for it, maybe they agree with you. I can't see any other logical reason for the contents of their replies in this thread, except maybe that they're both too stupid and bigoted to understand the implications of what they posted.

I have no problem with those 2a$$holes they are low lives.

between the bridges

Translation: Gods chosen beatch slapping big girls blouses for 800 years...

Enigma Variations

The Brian Boyd article is a foolish little piece published only a couple of days ago in the Irish Times so I was wondering how long it would take Cruimh to drag it up from the sewers. Ironically it had little or no relevance to the point Tim Kaine was making. Boyd pompously declared that Kaine didn't now his Irish American history and went on a rant in an effort to impress the reader with his own depth of "knowledge" on the subject, wheras Kaine only mentioned the Irish American experience very fleetingly to point out to Pence (also Irish American) the incongruity of someone whose own ancestors suffered the same sort of vilification that Mexicans are receiving now, running alongside someone doing just that.
He mentioned Boston Irish opposition to "bussing" in the late 60's/early 70's, failing to acknowledge that the opposition was shared among most white class Americans, or that Irish American political leaders at the time were almost invariably liberal, northern Democrats who were responsible for implementing the measures that brought about the bussing issue. It is simply disingenuous to mention the Boston case in isolation without putting it in context.
The article was a self serving, narcissistic piece of sh1t clearly authored by a dullard and predictably lapped up by another one, who likes to ignore the ethnic origins of most of the southern Democrats who opposed civil rights at the same time i.e. his Ulster Scots cousins. :)

Last edited:

hollandia

The Brian Boyd article is a foolish little piece published only a couple of days ago in the Irish Times so I was wondering how long it would take Cruimh to drag it up from the sewers. Ironically it had little or no relevance to the point Tim Kaine was making. Boyd pompously declared that Kaine didn't now his Irish American history and went on a rant in an effort to impress the reader with his own depth of "knowledge" on the subject, wheras Kaine only mentioned the Irish American experience very fleetingly to point out to Pence (also Irish American) the incongruity of someone whose own ancestors suffered the same sort of vilification that Mexicans are receiving now, running alongside someone doing just that.
He mentioned Boston Irish opposition to "bussing" in the late 60's/early 70's, failing to acknowledge that the opposition was shared among most white class Americans, or that Irish American political leaders at the time were almost invariably liberal, northern Democrats who were responsible for implementing the measures that brought about the bussing issue. It is simply disingenuous to mention the Boston case in isolation without putting it in context.
The article was a self serving, narcissistic piece of sh1t clearly authored by a dullard and predictably lapped up by another one, who likes to ignore the ethnic origins of most of the southern Democrats who opposed civil rights at the same time i.e. his Ulster Scots cousins. :)
You've highlighted a major problem with our media - that of binary reduction - all Irish are, all blacks are, all unionists are etc etc. I read that article and found it lazy and ill researched. While there is no doubt that some Irish people behaved appallingly towards black people, there were many who weren't of that mindset.

This article gives an insight into the complexities of the issue.

History Ireland

DT123

Enigma Variations...... Making excuses for Irish republicans since 2014.

Irish-Rationalist

Ruaidri Ua Conchobair's blog offers a brutal and systematic analysis of the 6 county remnant colony, and indeed every aspect of PUL so-called "culture and heritage". The fact that not one of our resident Unionist taig haters have responded by addressing the issue, but have instead resorted to irrelevant accusations of racism, which have been met with counter-accusations of racism, heralds the genesis of degeneration into sectarian farce typical of this God-awful section of the site.

All Northern Irish people are scum. Doesn't matter if they're orange or green.

Enigma Variations

You've highlighted a major problem with our media - that of binary reduction - all Irish are, all blacks are, all unionists are etc etc. I read that article and found it lazy and ill researched. While there is no doubt that some Irish people behaved appallingly towards black people, there were many who weren't of that mindset.

This article gives an insight into the complexities of the issue.

History Ireland
Boyd has form on this. Graham Linehan tore him apart over a litany of elementary inaccuracies he wrote about him in a profile written 8 years ago.
Boyd is a pop music writer primarily, and the fact that the IT would publish that piece at all is a clue as to how downhill it has gone in the last 20 years. Allowing an ill-informed, entirely unqualified Irish music hack to pompously hector the probable next US VP over his failure to know his ethnic history, is reminiscent of the Skibereen Eagle in all its deluded, swaggering presumptuousness.
He wrote a book about U2 once, the band, not the legendary Gary Powers piloted US reconnaissance jet shot down over Russia in '61, so perhaps that is close enough to making him an eminent historian in the eyes of the current editor - who knows?
Furthermore he is a conceited clown who seems to think that the rest of the world shares his obsessions as witnessed in this piece.
Brian Boyd: Why I sometimes pretend that I am not Irish on my holidays
I was Lars from Denmark, not Brian from Ireland, because on a sweetly humid Sicilian night I did not want my holiday head melted by talk of either Johnny Logan, the IRA, or Bono. This is the Irish person’s burden abroad; no matter wherever we may roam, saying “I’m Irish” is heard as: yes, I’d love to hear your insightful opinions about Eurovision, the IRA and Bono for the next hour or two
I've had dozens of holidays abroad at this stage in my life and anyone has yet to mention U2 or the Eurovision when I introduced myself as Irish in conversation. What level of self obsession does it require to write a cringe-worthy, puke-inducing piece like that? :)
Here's the link to the Linehan put-down. Read it and weep.
https://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2008/11/29/my-irish-times-profile-is-on-the-whole-bull************************/

Last edited:
O

Oscurito

These were of course the people who were outraged about supposed civil rights violations in Northern Ireland in the 70s and 80s....

And then we get into pointing out all the evils committed by American Anglo-Saxon Protestants and it gets really illuminating and ground-breaking,

Not. :roll:

PBP voter

The people of old Mississippi
Should all hang their heads in shame
I can't understand how their minds work
What's the matter don't they watch Les Crain?

But if you ask me to bus my children
I hope the cops take down your name

So love me, love me
Love me, I'm a liberal

[video=youtube;u52Oz-54VYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw[/video]

PBP voter

In every American community there are varying shades of political opinion. One of the shadiest of these is the liberals. An outspoken group on many subjects, ten degrees to the left of center in good times, ten degrees to the right of center if it affects them personally. Here, then, is a lesson in safe logic.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

What people forget is that England was Normandy/France's first colony :) Though of course we don't see France clinging onto Surrey, Kent and a few counties :)

New Threads

Most Replies