Roseanne Barr reboot series dumped by ABC

GDPR

I'd say Goodman was very wary of taking this on.
He's a good guy, and he knows her form.

I'd expect a very strong statement from him, and as mentioned above, I will be very surprised if far more details don't emerge of what an utterly deplorable and intolerant POS she is
Once the massive money train stops, the lid usually comes off
One they go back to resuscitating what first made them famous, there is very little creativity left.

razorblade

So what is the show just going to be airbrushed from history like it never existed.

Roisin3

Never watched her show, at least not a full episode, though did come across it channel surfing, stopped to watch a bit as so many people raved about it. Couldn’t see the attraction to it, never found her funny.

USER1234

The problem with making a joke on social media, it's not easy to convey a context to written words.
Also this is not her first time tweeting nasty racist, bigoted comments, she has a long history of doing so, this was so unacceptable that ABC could not ignore it & choose to cut their relationship with her!

I loved the show when it was originally on & liked the new season, so i'm sorry to see it been cancelled, even more so for the rest of the cast and the crew who have now lost their jobs due to her idiocy!

Last edited:

flavirostris

This is bizarre but Sarah Gilbert, who played Roseanne's daughter Darlene ( the one who used to slouch about in jeans and floppy shirts.. the unglamorous one to Becky's glamorous one ) is an out lesbian and married to 4 non blondes Linda Perry.

USER1234

This is bizarre but Sarah Gilbert, who played Roseanne's daughter Darlene ( the one who used to slouch about in jeans and floppy shirts.. the unglamorous one to Becky's glamorous one ) is an out lesbian and married to 4 non blondes Linda Perry.
why is that bizzare, she been out for a long time & has publicly taked about it before

Sync

Some of the cast have already come out criticising her. No one's lamenting losing their job.

flavirostris

why is that bizzare, she been out for a long time & has publicly taked about it before
The marriage to the 4 non blondes singer seems Springer-ish. Gilbert is also a Jew, like her stage mother Barr.

GDPR

Also this is not her first time tweeting nasty racist, bigoted comments, she has a long history of doing so, this was so unacceptable that ABC could not ignore it & choose to cut their relationship with her!

I loved the show when it was originally on & liked the news season, so im sorry to see it been cancelled, even more so for the rest of the cast and the crew who have now lost their jobs due to her idiocy!
What is playing out before our eyes is probably what played out behind the scenes of the show back in the 90s. They didn't have social media then. Instead of her going off in the writers room, she going off in public for all to see.

Analyzer

Never watched her show, at least not a full episode, though did come across it channel surfing, stopped to watch a bit as so many people raved about it. Couldn’t see the attraction to it, never found her funny.
As somebody who never watches television, and who is surrounded by others who do not watch, or who watch very little.....I am a bit baffled at how she is a "celebrity" still.

Was this an attention seeking stunt by somebody who is no longer funny, and is out of control ?

Even in the 1990s the jokes were predictable, and lacking in punch.

Most of the time it consisted of an obese woman laughing at stuff that was not funny.

The Brendan O'Carroll of a different era.

Except maybe that her tax affairs were in order.

Sync

Most of the time it consisted of an obese woman laughing at stuff that was not funny.
It was ahead of it's time really. Dealt with poverty, domestic abuse, failed expectations, race in a way most comedies avoided. It was very well written. Compared to the saccharine and inconsequential 2 1/2 Men, Modern Family etc, Roseanne and Cheers stand up very well in terms of writing.

It was hampered by Roseanne being a terrible actress and having too much power to be told she was a terrible actress. So no retakes, when she said scene, it was scene.

Strawberry

It was ahead of it's time really. Dealt with poverty, domestic abuse, failed expectations, race in a way most comedies avoided. It was very well written. Compared to the saccharine and inconsequential 2 1/2 Men, Modern Family etc, Roseanne and Cheers stand up very well in terms of writing.

It was hampered by Roseanne being a terrible actress and having too much power to be told she was a terrible actress. So no retakes, when she said scene, it was scene.
She was a terrible actress, and it particularly showed when she was in scenes with Goodman or Metcalfe, both of whom are above averagely talented. Those two acted her off the screen.

Roisin3

As somebody who never watches television, and who is surrounded by others who do not watch, or who watch very little.....I am a bit baffled at how she is a "celebrity" still.

Was this an attention seeking stunt by somebody who is no longer funny, and is out of control ?

The Brendan O'Carroll of a different era.

Except maybe that her tax affairs were in order.
Don’t know as I never tuned into it. All I saw was this woman who couldn’t act to save her life. I so despise bad acting that I can’t watch it, no matter the storyline.

GDPR

This was so fast—she apologised (shocking) and then left Twitter. She knew she fukked up.
I wonder if ABC had a no-BS clause and a plan in place already.

USER1234

This was so fast—she apologised (shocking) and then left Twitter. She knew she fukked up.
I wonder if ABC had a no-BS clause and a plan in place already.
As i said above this is not the first time she posted nasty BS on twitter that has gotten her in trouble but it was a deal breaker for ABC

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom