• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France

yayo

A black rights group on Monday slammed the latest Miss France competition for producing a "white as snow" winner from a field it claimed was unrepresentative of the country's ethnic make-up.

Marine Lorphelin, 19, a brunette medical student from Burgundy, was on Saturday crowned Miss France 2013, having edged out Miss Tahiti, Hinarini de Longeaux, in the final round of judging.

Louis-Georges Tin, the president of the CRAN (Representative Council of Black Associations), on Monday lamented the lack of contestants from France's African and north African communities.

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France - FRANCE 24

The audacity these non-european immigrants have is just astounding. Can you only imagine the outrage if European women in parts of Africa wanted to have their own pageant, let alone complain about a black winner being "too black"?

This blatant double standard has got to stop. Only a matter of time before this lunacy starts happening here.

Carlos the Jackal

Absolutely nuts, talk about hypocrisy!

Didimus

You might ask Santy for a book about French history.
Failing that you might book a holiday in one of these French destinations

Boy M5

Isn't "France" defined by the French state as including various places in Africa, Carribbean and the Pacific, where the comely maidens have darker pigmentation? I note the runner up was Miss Tahiti as support for this.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I dont understand your gripe. Why dont you identify the root issue here.

drummed

So are we not getting pics of her?:rolleyes:

yayo

I dont understand your gripe. Why dont you identify the root issue here.
The black rights organisation, their hypocrisy and their double standards. I thought that would have been fairly obvious.

'orebel

Asparagus

No definition whatsoever. Just looks like a pile of snow really.

drummed

Somebody lied! Shes fairly cute:)