Royal Welcome Home For Our Troops.

between the bridges

The 2nd Battalion The Rifles (2 Rifles) were welcomed home from a tour of duty by HRH The Earl of Wessex and a large crowd of proud OWC citizens...

Commanding officer Lt Col Neil Belamy said it was a “great honour” for the regiment. “The unit has recently returned from Operation ‘SHADER’ in Iraq and this weekend is the perfect opportunity to come together and celebrate being a unit with our local community,” he said.

“Lisburn has been our home for a few years and we have been made to feel very welcomed. We have forged great relationships and the high point of this for me will be Friday when we get to parade through our home town in front of all of our friends.”

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/in-pictures-royal-welcome-for-homecoming-troops-1-8409497

The Mayor, Councillor Tim Morrow paid tribute to the soldiers on their return home.

“It was an honour to welcome the Earl to Lagan Valley Island and to Lisburn," he said.

"I was very pleased to welcome our serving troops to Lagan Valley Island following their recent return from Iraq. We of course respect their bravery, camaraderie, and dedication to duty. It is for these very reasons that it was a privilege to welcome 2 Rifles today."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/photos-royal-reception-as-2-rifles-battalion-return-home-from-iraq-36688208.html

I'm sure all p.iesters share moi's warm welcome home for our boys...

mac tíre

Soldiers return home from a country they occupied after a war of aggression.

Tomorrow the same people lauding them today will return to their 'Men of Violence in Ireland' mantra.

*Slow hand clap.*

between the bridges

comet

The 2nd Battalion The Rifles (2 Rifles) were welcomed home from a tour of duty by HRH The Earl of Wessex and a large crowd of proud OWC citizens...

Commanding officer Lt Col Neil Belamy said it was a “great honour” for the regiment. “The unit has recently returned from Operation ‘SHADER’ in Iraq and this weekend is the perfect opportunity to come together and celebrate being a unit with our local community,” he said.

“Lisburn has been our home for a few years and we have been made to feel very welcomed. We have forged great relationships and the high point of this for me will be Friday when we get to parade through our home town in front of all of our friends.”

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/in-pictures-royal-welcome-for-homecoming-troops-1-8409497

The Mayor, Councillor Tim Morrow paid tribute to the soldiers on their return home.

“It was an honour to welcome the Earl to Lagan Valley Island and to Lisburn," he said.

"I was very pleased to welcome our serving troops to Lagan Valley Island following their recent return from Iraq. We of course respect their bravery, camaraderie, and dedication to duty. It is for these very reasons that it was a privilege to welcome 2 Rifles today."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/photos-royal-reception-as-2-rifles-battalion-return-home-from-iraq-36688208.html

Oh fuk off Bridgey there was a bigger crowd in my post office.

The happiest people are the Iraqis who are delighted to see the back of them. They have brought 15 years of misery and pain to that country. As a result of the illegal war and the subsequent fallout a number close to the population of NI have been killed. LET THAT SINK IN.

between the bridges

You're seeing things...it's not there...:lol:
Sigh, If ye knew anything about our history ye would know that Wessex tis approx that of the modern counties of Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, and Somerset, read a book auld man...

between the bridges

Oh fuk off Bridgey there was a bigger crowd in my post office.

The happiest people are the Iraqis who are delighted to see the back of them. They have brought 15 years of misery and pain to that country. As a result of the illegal war and the subsequent fallout a number close to the population of NI have been killed. LET THAT SINK IN.
Tis it Giro day...

mac tíre

Se0samh

Sigh, If ye knew anything about our history ye would know that Wessex tis approx that of the modern counties of Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, and Somerset, read a book auld man...

You mean it doesn't exist....:rolleyes:

eoghanacht

What do you think the British army did in Iraq that makes you think they should be respected??
Build schools, wells and read bed time stories, Jesus, what else do you think a highly trained group of armed men is there for?

former wesleyan

tokkie

There won't be a Loyalist fanny left wanting in Lisburn this weekend.

GDPR

The Toms pimped out by a corrupt vassal State to the Yanks and the Zionists getting cheered for being pimped, but it warms the heart of a not only savage but deeply cynical Prod so we get a thread about it.

New Threads

Most Replies