• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

RTÉ abandon Eurovision selection.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Sad to hear that RTÉ has abandoned plans for this year’s Eurosong and will instead send Enda Kenny, Michael Noonan and Eamonn Gilmore to Eurovision, with the song “Bend Me Over, I’m Yours”, written by a German songwriting team. Apparently the trio are very popular in Europe right now and no matter how bad the result in Malmo, RTÉ will spin it as a win for Ireland.

livingstone

Le sigh.

Eurovision should not be taken in jest. In more seriousness, the five songs for Eurosong are being released today. I'm unashamedly excited.

grumpydunphy

I thought it was Michael Noonan with the rewritten, "VAT'S, Another Year!"

Riadach

Isn't this the humour forum?

an modh coinniolach

Should it not be a version of 'Hit me (up) baby one more time'?

Oh wait, unlike governments, you're not allowed enter cover versions in the Eurovision.

Samell

I still think we should enter 'My little Horse' with the Rubber Bandits singing.

Eff your 12 points I've a ride outside.

firefly123

There is a very clear link to the release of the Eurovision line up and the promissory note deal. I'm guessing the jedward duet with dustin nuclear option was about to be played and the ECB blinked. Return them to the bunker for the future.

Davidoff

Thought this was a serious thread.

I was going to congratulate RTE on a wise decision.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies