RTE - Bad Fellas - P.ie involvement?

bagel

Saw "Politics.ie" mentioned on the closing credits of tonights programme.
What particular involvement has P.ie got in it?

(Apologies if this has been discussed before but i can't find any mention of it on this site).

TonyBird

I saw that too . I believe it was actually Politico.ie . Vincent Brown is involved . They have a lot of archive news material .

bagel

I saw that too . I believe it was actually Politico.ie . Vincent Brown is involved . They have a lot of archive news material .
My powers of comprehension must be failing me.

Baron von Biffo

Steganography! A Deepthroat figure from the criminal world is posting what seem to be relatively innocuous messages here but they're actually giving away the secrets of the Murphya.

ManOfReason

I did see an old friend interviewed who I was in a certain political party with 20 years ago in the liberties. It was good to see him doing well and still active in the community. A good guy.

Abacus

Steganography! A Deepthroat figure from the criminal world is posting what seem to be relatively innocuous messages here but they're actually giving away the secrets of the Murphya.
Great programme but oh so grim.
Looking back it's hard to say what could have been done differently.
The Guards seemed to have been overwhelmed at several points but they had some great successes too. The Dunnes of Rialto were the main villians in the early drugs rackets as stated once more in this programme but then again at one point as explained in the commentary seven out of the Dunne family of eight were in prison for drug crimes at one time so what more could have been done there ?

Love to know how the jury tampering thing was done. Must be an interesting story there.
And the exMinister Maura GeogWhatserName.....didn't she bring over FBI guys from the States to tell us how to sort out our drug problems here. Never heard anymore about that, did we....that was back in the mid or early 90's.

And didn't we have Sean Doherty as a Min for Justice during some of that period. Oh man, it's no God damn wonder we are where we are.

New Threads

Most Replies