RTE - complaints@rte.ie

civilserpant

To whom it may concern,
As a civil servant, I'm well aware of whats expected of a public service. What RTE did tonight was unforgiveable. How dare you pull away (never mind starting late!) for the conference and force the nation to hear about the biggest event in the country this year via BBC news and Sky! How dare you!

It's bad enough that this country is stuck with a Government that feels within its right to lie, misinform and obfiscate its duties to its citizens, but to have criticisms of it blocked by the state broadcaster is GUBU. This wasn't Dobsons fifth rate 'grilling' of a crocidle teared Ahern, this was gross ineptitude of a bizarre level.

I want my name added to the chorus of criticisms you no doubt have already received and will no doubt be eviscerated for over the next few days. You have just destroyed a large chunk of trust and credibility invested in you by the Irish nation.
Shame.

captainwillard

A civil servant? Dont worry.. you will still get that big coffee break tomorrow morning where you can solve all the worlds problems.

nonpartyboy

Don't worry last days of the roman empire in montrose, no point complaining waste of time, if the licence fee is not reduced to E100 next year, i will have to consider my options.

Luigi Vampa

A civil servant? Dont worry.. you will still get that big coffee break tomorrow morning where you can solve all the worlds problems.
You Prat. FF/IBEC/Anglo/Golden Circle and their media, none of them are the problem just ordinary PS workers. Cowardly puke.

derm0t

Well done, OP. Don't let the troll derail the thread, guys. Here's another for the complaints drones. Add your own, post it here. Good for a laugh, if nothing else.

To whom it may concern,

It beggars belief that RTE has abandoned its duty to cover the IMF/EU bailout, leaving that difficult task to Sky News. That it was beyond your ability to provide a live feed of the Cowen/IMF conference is mind-boggling.

If Martians invaded tomorrow, I guess you'd keep Australian soap operas on air 24/7 because - why? - to 'prevent a panic'? - 'to keep the markets happy'? - 'to help the government'?

For the LOVE OF GOD, get your act together. If you can't manage that, then find another job, or leave the country.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dermot O Connor,

ex-pat (thanks to the FF of the 1970s/80s/90s),
Portland,
Oregon.

P.S., has it not occurred to the Fianna Fail lickspittles in RTE that Fianna Fail is heading for a very long spell in opposition - if not annihilation like the Canadian Conservatives in the 1990s? It's time to grow a spine.

P.P.S., tell Marian Finucane to stop slurping tea on her radio show. I'll settle for that (I know the rest of this email was asking too much, going forward, going forward).

Ah Well

To whom it may concern,
As a civil servant, I'm well aware of whats expected of a public service. What RTE did tonight was unforgiveable. How dare you pull away (never mind starting late!) for the conference and force the nation to hear about the biggest event in the country this year via BBC news and Sky! How dare you!

It's bad enough that this country is stuck with a Government that feels within its right to lie, misinform and obfiscate its duties to its citizens, but to have criticisms of it blocked by the state broadcaster is GUBU. This wasn't Dobsons fifth rate 'grilling' of a crocidle teared Ahern, this was gross ineptitude of a bizarre level.

I want my name added to the chorus of criticisms you no doubt have already received and will no doubt be eviscerated for over the next few days. You have just destroyed a large chunk of trust and credibility invested in you by the Irish nation.
Shame.
Why bother emailing rte to complain???? You might as well pee into a gale force wind

Get onto the Broadcasting Authority alternatively - that might prove of more benefit

BAI - Broadcasting Authority of Ireland - Broadcasting Complaints

controller

To whom it may concern,
Your coverage of what has been happening in this country has been
appalling. People have to read and listen to foreign journalists
reporting what is happening in this state. Maybe the best thing for
RTE would be to be sold off. Your news coverage has at best been third
rate....when events have been covered. You have destroyed any reputation of your independence as held by the Irish nation.

Good riddance

Last edited:

Barrycelona

To whom it may concern,

Shame.
I am no fan of the Civil Service but to slag off a CS for having made a very good, and correct point, defies belief.

Whoever you are "Civilserpant", can we hear your views on public attitudes towards the CS

Vote_No_on_Everything

I never trusted Rte anyway.

Half Nelson

The State Broadcaster (the clue is in the name) is a huge part of the problem.
Its annihilation is part of the solution.

Fenian Óg

Just a short email here to complain about the coverage of the Press Conference tonight.

Firstly, in the case of one of the most important announcements in the history of the state I learned of the coming press conference from Channel 4. RTÉ did not seem to want too large a viewership or at the very least seemed indifferent.

Secondly, the station cut off it's coverage before the conference had finished, leaving interested parties to have to watch the remainder on Sky News.

I for one find this situation an absolute disgrace, not only did Sky cover the full conference, they actually had coverage discussing the conference on beforehand.

I realise that RTÉ is not a news station, but as the National Broadcaster I would expect the station to sometimes make allowances given the gravity of the nature. I for one intend to get my news from the BBC and Sky News from now on as they clearly know the issues which are close to my heart, and pocket, are the issues of national interest..not Fair City.

former wesleyan

It's Sunday.

Sham96

True story. I tried to "sell" an idea for a programme to RTE in the early 1990's. Responce. "Who do you know". In RTE or in general I asked naively. She hung up.

lonemother

More please Dude. Excellanto!

New Threads

Most Replies