RTE finally admits the truth as recovery gathers pace

spotty

Having had to take a few days off the news to calm my rising blood pressure, I can only describe as euphoric my emotions this morning when I read RTE's coverage of yesterday's bond auction:

The National Treasury Management Agency has raised €1.5bn worth of fresh borrowings in a successful but expensive auction.

Markets have been especially hostile to Ireland in recent days and weeks over concerns about the country's ability to pay its bills.

Many commentators have described negative market sentiment towards Ireland as exaggerated and ridiculous.
Finally, the national broadcaster is living up to it's duties. Instead of listening to the doom-mongers, RTE has decided to once again report the opinions of "Many Commentators".

"Many Commentators" has long been one of my favourite economists. His prescient analysis and constant praise for our Government's strategy has been a consistent hallmark of his insight. Since well before these current minor economic difficulties began, Many Commentators has been providing us with the confidence and stability we need to ensure the recovery.

As we continue to turn the corner, we will see more and more encouraging news from Many Commentators, who has done a phenomenal job briefing Sean Whelan in particular. His consistent optimism, the relentlessness with which he attacks the prophets of doom, and the steady predictability of his predictions are identifying traits of Many Commentator's economic analysis.

After a gap of some weeks, it's good to have him back, to tell us that everything is going to be just fine. Many Commentators is a national hero, and deserves a medal.

Cato

adamirer

take another fortinght off, you need the rest, you're still dellusional.

Mister men

Amazes me that spotty and his ilk believe this stuff.

edor

I thought this was political humour until I spotted the spotty avatar

He3

Spot on spotty, well spotted!

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
I emailed RTE to asking who exactly these unnamed commentators were.

The late Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Liz O'Kane, and a stray cat found behind the bins in Montrose was the answer. Ending in "Wibble".

Unnamed experts have suggested that RTE is full of crap.

P.

Biffomania

Having had to take a few days off the news to calm my rising blood pressure, I can only describe as euphoric my emotions this morning when I read RTE's coverage of yesterday's bond auction:

Finally, the national broadcaster is living up to it's duties. Instead of listening to the doom-mongers, RTE has decided to once again report the opinions of "Many Commentators".

"Many Commentators" has long been one of my favourite economists. His prescient analysis and constant praise for our Government's strategy has been a consistent hallmark of his insight. Since well before these current minor economic difficulties began, Many Commentators has been providing us with the confidence and stability we need to ensure the recovery.

As we continue to turn the corner, we will see more and more encouraging news from Many Commentators, who has done a phenomenal job briefing Sean Whelan in particular. His consistent optimism, the relentlessness with which he attacks the prophets of doom, and the steady predictability of his predictions are identifying traits of Many Commentator's economic analysis.

After a gap of some weeks, it's good to have him back, to tell us that everything is going to be just fine. Many Commentators is a national hero, and deserves a medal.
Shame your Swiftian talents are seemingly lost on so many. It could rebound though - Lilliputian FF spin mercanaries with limited literary skills have been known to quote verbatim from your type of posts.:cry:

showbandmanager

I've figured it out , the many commentators are George Hamilton , Jimmy Magee , martin tyler , john motson , sid waddell , peter alliss , micheal o muircheartaigh , ger canning and marty morrissey.

typical

Many Commentators? Doesn't he come from the same school of economics as Finan Chalmarkets, Lay Tess Survey and Rum Bling? They're certainly the media and political darlings of 2010 but I find them confusing at times. If nothing else, at least they seem to be lending the certainty we so badly need at the moment.

An Gilladaker

Are you sure you are not on a roundabout with all that turning corners stuff:lol:

loaded32

Spotty - just a couple of short points for you:

1 - Your sounding more and more like Bertie's ex script writer!

2 - This is the Republic of Ireland - a real country with a real economy and real problems. I think you are confusing this with the game of Monopoly you were playing in your back room with your 14 year old cousins last Xmas past. ( something akin to the confusion Fr. Dougal had in relation to things that were and werent real e.g "Darth Vader", in one of the many priceless Fr. Ted episodes) !

New Threads

Most Replies