RTE FOI Exposes Govt WhatsApp Brexit Spin group

jmcc

Seems that an RTE FOI request has exposed a government spin WhatsApp group. Wonder if any of the usual Bluebots here are in that group as they seem to have done a really bad job?

"The contents of a Government WhatsApp group set up to manage media messaging around the Brexit result have been released to RTÉ News under Freedom of Information."

Govt WhatsApp group on Brexit released under FOI

ManUnited

"The various representatives discussed media reaction to the result and analysis by media commentators on the result"

Scandalous.

O'Quisling

The RTE radio 1 Sunday afternoon show This Week is rte at its best.

I'm nearly tempted to pay my TV Tax because it is that good.

constitutionus

"brian Hayes isn't an issue. He's not gov "

:D

jmcc

"brian Hayes isn't an issue. He's not gov "

:D
I'm sure he will be upset to see his leadership hopes dashed in such a manner. But then it would not surprise me to see that some P.ie members are part of that group.

RasherHash

The usual corporate fascism that's become acceptable here.

Analyzer

Seems that an RTE FOI request has exposed a government spin WhatsApp group. Wonder if any of the usual Bluebots here are in that group as they seem to have done a really bad job?

"The contents of a Government WhatsApp group set up to manage media messaging around the Brexit result have been released to RTÉ News under Freedom of Information."

Like everything else the government does, it is money spent in the failed attainment of an objective that happens to be contrary to the public interest.

And in the interest of the government.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

well it was Colin Coyle of the Times Ireland who FOI'd it, RTE just copied them

Last edited:

mulligan

How is this accessible under FOI, isn't it a private messaging group?? Why bother, hunting for scandal or what is the goal with this?

Spanner Island

That's snapchat.
From the WhatsApp website...

"Our Mission

WhatsApp started as an alternative to SMS. Our product now supports sending and receiving a variety of media: text, photos, videos, documents, and location, as well as voice calls. Our messages and calls are secured with end-to-end encryption, meaning that no third party including WhatsApp can read or listen to them. Behind every product decision is our desire to let people communicate anywhere in the world without barriers."
I think they've fallen down on a few of those aspirations...

Morgellons

I don't know for sure. But I do know that a Snapchat message, or story, only lasts for one viewing-that's why I mentioned it above.

ruserious

On the RTÉ link to the story you can actually read some of the names blackened out. One is a David.

wexfordman

Nope, the foi simply meant that the information was voluntary provided by the user.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies