RTE: IMF interest rate will be 4.8%-5.2%

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddressTheNation

Yeah, but what collateral will we have to stump up?

- Oil/gas reserves
- Rare earth metal reserves
- Fishing rights
- Semi-state companies
- first dibs on taxation

Astral Peaks

RTE news just reported that the bailout interest rate will be in the range 4.8% to 5.2% with repayment between 2014-2017

Good news if true.
No, unaffordable!

Seriously, we need to reduce the capital amount needed, not beg for a lower rate on more money.

Forget the interest figure for now, concentrate on the bank recap issue!
We need to get this down.

collina

RTE news just reported that the bailout interest rate will be in the range 4.8% to 5.2% with repayment between 2014-2017

Good news if true.
Ha-ha. That's just the repayments we'll make in cash. We physically can't pay anymore without other borrowing. Get ready to buy your lecky at crippling rates from ESB GMBH. Brrrrrrrr.

G

Gimpanzee

Yeah, but what collateral will we have to stump up?

- Oil/gas reserves
- Rare earth metal reserves
- Fishing rights
- Semi-state companies
- first dibs on taxation
LOL

There's hardly a fish left in the sea. Oil and Gas reserves? This isn't a bunch of leftish loons you're dealing with here. These people would know that the promise of oil and gas revenue from here is about as likely as every Anglo loan paid back in full. With interest. Semi states? Can we give them CIE as a pressie?

Wouldn't be too excited at the prospect of 5%. Can't see how we'll manage it, but I suspect this is all going to be overtaken in a while by some even bigger deal anyway.

sport02

With this rate lower than expected, and the corporation tax saved, which Mary Coughlan said was non-negogiable, does anybody think events were staged to put FF in a better light.
It is like our saviours, have managed to maybe get a slightly lower rate to Greece and maintain the corporation tax, I smell a rat or am I being cycnical?

MPB

Good news if true.
If these idiots borrow one penny for those delinquent Banks I will only vote for a party that promises to default.

4.8% for money we never had any responsibility for in the first place. What a shower of imbeciles.

I don,t care what the interest rate is. The people of Ireland will never pay for the idiotically bad investments of German, French and British Banks.

Mr Magoo

With this rate lower than expected, and the corporation tax saved, which Mary Coughlan said was non-negogiable, does anybody think events were staged to put FF in a better light.
It is like our saviours, have managed to maybe get a slightly lower rate to Greece and maintain the corporation tax, I smell a rat or am I being cycnical?
Have been thinking this myself for the last few weeks

Cassandra Syndrome

Good news if true.
Good news? Good News?

No wonder why you only got 10% of the vote today.

Good news is default and the 2 fingers and to kick that Chopeire International Mother Futha rep. in the arse before we send him packing on the plane back to Castle Greyskull.

Finbar10

Good news if true.
If they had really wanted to sort out this crisis once and for all it would have been 2 or 2.5%. But that probably wouldn't have been practical for political reasons at the moment. If the story is true, it's not a punitive 6 or 7% at least, so they're not trying to make an example of us. At those rates the bailout sounds more like a holding operation. Kick the can further down the road. Leave the problem of figuring out what to do with our unsustainable pile of debt to a hopefully more favorable time in the future.

huffnpuff

It is still too much to pay. We simply cannot afford it. I hope the momentum building behind the default (only) option will persuade the imbeciles in the Dail to consider it an option. Of course it is a cynical plot by the junta and their mouth pieces in Donnybrook to put themselves in a better light. The madness has to stop and tomorrow is the only opportunity to show them that the people are utterly opposed to them squandering our future.

D

Deleted member 17573

Good news? Good News?

No wonder why you only got 10% of the vote today.

Good news is default and the 2 fingers and to kick that Chopeire International Mother Futha rep. in the arse before we send him packing on the plane back to Castle Greyskull.
I seem to recall you predicted 7% - and threw a hissy fit when questioned.:roll:

EUrJokingMeRight

Agreed, it is still too much. Even 3% would hardly be a realistic interest repayment figure.

GDPR

If true, it's better than we could get on the market, even on any likely reasonable market and better than the banks could get either.

Cassandra Syndrome

I seem to recall you predicted 7% - and threw a hissy fit when questioned.:roll:
Questioned? Is that the new term for abuse?

Karl Whelan said 7% and he is not a radical economist.

As I hope and keep preaching, we can dictate terms, threaten default. We need a combination of a poker player, a Ballina sloe Horse Show trader and Gordan Gekko from Wall Street to go in there arnd rip their f*cking repitilian throats out!

Cassandra Syndrome

If true, it's better than we could get on the market, even on any likely reasonable market and better than the banks could get either.
Plus whatever the margin of the spread on hiding the FF filthy treacherous secrets since 1997 is valued at by the IMF.

olamp

Have been thinking this myself for the last few weeks
Whwn I heard Cowen saying yesterday that the interest would be in the region of 6% (first time he was prepared to speculate on it!) I immediately smelled a rat and said to my husband "bet it will come in around5% and he will claim saving the country through good negotiations" Lying lying scumbags the lot of them.

Congalltee

Good news if true.
Good news? WTF?

7% would would be better news, since it would be assumed by all that we will never make repayments on it and that the whole thing is a fiction.

Anything above 3 % is crippling, because growth+inflation will not reduce the principle, so that we could meet the interest service charges.

In addition, Iceland is now sneering at us (rightly so) because they burned their banks' bondholders for €86bn and can expect to be rid of the IMF by 2011.

Iceland Is No Ireland as State Free of Bank Debt, Grimsson Says - Bloomberg

D

Deleted member 17573

Questioned? Is that the new term for abuse?

Karl Whelan said 7% and he is not a radical economist.

As I hope and keep preaching, we can dictate terms, threaten default. We need a combination of a poker player, a Ballina sloe Horse Show trader and Gordan Gekko from Wall Street to go in there arnd rip their f*cking repitilian throats out!
Ya - but you certainly presented his forecast with great enthusiasm and conviction!

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Borrowing more money! MADNESS! When are we to cop-on as to what is happening out there in the world wide fairy financialland
The world is in a very dicey place. Monetary assets will be frozen at the drop of a hat. Get real. There is a near $500Tn (Hot money) on bank books worldwide according to the BIS. The International Financial Buccaneers are looking with great eagerness for a home for this; the modern Irish herd mentality is working out to be a soft touch. What is our proposed National Debt now in reality, counting commitments made etc? - $333Bn. The IFB have now only to find a home to launder another $499,999,667,000,000. The Irish need to waken up.
http://www.politics.ie/economy/137541-has-run-ireland-begun-428.html#post3212459
If Paddy wants to wallow in this sh.te, then he is surely living a surreal game show existence in a mystical land beyond, beyond and past hope and fear with the expectation of a future Genii to come to the rescue. How I pray that he will wake up, take in the outstretched arm looking for
  • First EU development funds 1980-2003
  • Second. Mortgage Securitisation Funds 2004 - 08
  • Now; bail-out loans 2009 - ?
What is needed is QE, all stakeholders to take a discount and fight the International Financial Buccaneers and their weapons of mass destruction! Anything else will result in the euro melting and 10 yr Government bonds going to 10%. The whole world and its mother know that we Irish will not be able to take on the planned austerity plus constantly increasing borrowing of loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies