"RTE is a Rat Infested north Korean union shop" Michael O'Leary

cricket

The man is beyond boring and a parody of himself.

By the way, when will some journalist with an ounce of wit ask him why he is happy to suck on the t1t of the publicly subsidised horse racing industry?
Bang on the money.
Did you ever notice that he spends much of his time threatening legal action against airports, aviation authorities and other such bodies ? Strange thing is that, when cases end up in court, he doesn't represent himself. No, he employs people from the legal profession to do so. Can you imagine the whingeing he'd have if the judge told him that he was guaranteed a fair hearing and there was no need for him to have anything to do with those nasty lawyers and barristers ?
Yet, when it comes to his staff being represented by a union ....

Henry94.

I am perfectly free to refrain from giving O'Leary my business. I can get good fares elsewhere because of his business model so i don't have to add a cent to his wealth.

I wish I had the same kind of freedom when it came to RTE and its overpaid hacks. We are their indentured servants. They compulsory confiscate our hard-earned money in order to over-pay themselves. They plan to extend their theft to people who don't even have a television as soon as they find an sufficiently obedient minister. Alex White didn't last long enough to do it for them and for that we can be grateful.

It's time to let RTE die. It serves no useful function. Of course we will also need to introduce media ownership laws to dismantle the current near-monopoly in the private media sector.

irish_bob

But no one asked him if he would make sure that they were on a decent wage first. If the Guards were not so poorly paid and in such a mess this debacle would not even be an issue.
guards are extremely well paid

Boy M5

O'Leary knows about North Korea seeing how he runs Ryanair & wanted a monopoly on Irish air travel.

Fullforward

Bang on the money.
Did you ever notice that he spends much of his time threatening legal action against airports, aviation authorities and other such bodies ? Strange thing is that, when cases end up in court, he doesn't represent himself. No, he employs people from the legal profession to do so. Can you imagine the whingeing he'd have if the judge told him that he was guaranteed a fair hearing and there was no need for him to have anything to do with those nasty lawyers and barristers ?
Yet, when it comes to his staff being represented by a union ....
I wonder if he is willing to have "Yellow Pack" lawyers represent him in cases where he could lose money.

Boy M5

I know it used to be a nest of Stickies in the 70's, 80's and 90's but I thought they had all retired to Liberty Hall.
Some recruited at that time are still there.
Finucane & Duffy for starters.

Boy M5

The man is beyond boring and a parody of himself.

By the way, when will some journalist with an ounce of wit ask him why he is happy to suck on the t1t of the publicly subsidised horse racing industry?
And run a subsidy junkie airline.

Sister Mercedes

O'Leary knows about North Korea seeing how he runs Ryanair & wanted a monopoly on Irish air travel.
Some of us remember the Aer Lingus monopoly on travel out of Ireland before Ryanair. It cost as much to fly to London 40 years ago as it costs to fly to New York today.

sic transit

I am perfectly free to refrain from giving O'Leary my business. I can get good fares elsewhere because of his business model so i don't have to add a cent to his wealth.

I wish I had the same kind of freedom when it came to RTE and its overpaid hacks. We are their indentured servants. They compulsory confiscate our hard-earned money in order to over-pay themselves. They plan to extend their theft to people who don't even have a television as soon as they find an sufficiently obedient minister. Alex White didn't last long enough to do it for them and for that we can be grateful.

It's time to let RTE die. It serves no useful function. Of course we will also need to introduce media ownership laws to dismantle the current near-monopoly in the private media sector.
How much they may be paid is one thing but there it does embrace a public service requirement. Turning the dial so to speak or flicking into the the TV alternatives shows an absence of a key ingredient of broadcasting - quality.

Northsideman

Some of us remember the Aer Lingus monopoly on travel out of Ireland before Ryanair. It cost as much to fly to London 40 years ago as it costs to fly to New York today.
O'Leary had FA to do with that, he only came in after.

Uganda

He lives here, pays his taxes here, refuses to accept honorary doctorates and has never been called to appear before a tribunal of inquiry. Of course he's hated.
Not hated by everyone. Only the left leaning luvvies in rte, and their pals.

And he is dead right about Ingrid Miley who faithfully parrots every line fed to her by the beards.

Boy M5

What's that got to do with O'Leary?
He didn't deregulate air travel our government, the UK's and the Netherlands did - based on EU legislation.

O'Leary bought a stake in AL 10 years ago trying to create a monopoly on air travel

Boy M5

Wasn't O'Leary lauded by Turgidy on LLS?
He can't have his cake and eat it.
Or maybe he can.

Uganda

O'Leary had FA to do with that, he only came in after.
Not quite.

Ryanair was on its knees when O'leary arrived. Aer lingus were about to choke it to death to protrct the union dominated state monopoly hen he turned it around and saw them off.

Fullforward

BBC must be commies too...........

[video=youtube;WPFmHacRPHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPFmHacRPHk[/video]

GDPR

40 years ago, everyone who had a job in Aer Lingus could buy a home, get married and rear a family. What percentage of those working for Ryanair can do that? The Irish are a dying race because of genocidal scum like O'Leary.

Jimmy Two Times

Not quite.

Ryanair was on its knees when O'leary arrived. Aer lingus were about to choke it to death to protrct the union dominated state monopoly hen he turned it around and saw them off.
He runs a successful airline. That's it. He hasn't a clue about the health service and he shouldn't be running his mouth about it. Fine Gael letting him run his mouth about it and applauding him says it all, the main government party, traitors to the citizens of Ireland.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies