• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

RTÉ: New children's hospital to be located at James.

dent

Good news for my cousin, who has been told he'll be employed there if it's James.

Sister Mercedes

At this stage I don't care if they build it in Tralee or Thurles; just get on with it and build the effing thing.

Rural

The Mater was never the proper site for all kinds of reasons.

libertarian-right

The title of the thread is misleading, no decision has be made to locate it there, the report only recommends it...

Ribeye

Hilarious,

Rte run the contents of an unpublished report as the top story, bumping Sandy to the 2nd slot,

Talk about compromised media!

Rocky

davoid

RTÉ have just announced that they've seen an unpublished version of the Dolphin report, and say it recommends St James Hospital as the site, due to the range of specialities practiced there.

Let's hope this one sticks!

Report favours St James's for new National Children's Hospital - RT News
It should probably have been there from the start.

But watch the Mater consultants swing into action now.

And if this thing goes to form, when a new Minister arrives, there will be a new plan. Martin, Harney, Reilly all changed the plans of their immrediate predecessor.

sidney waddell

James's makes sense from pretty much every angle - it's a major teaching hospital and is better placed for public transport links than anywhere else in Ireland, near enough to the city centre, near the busiest railway station in the country and on the Luas.

bob3367

Jesus, it was the best clinically, location wise it sucks, as it could take decades to build.....

For me Connolly makes most sense...

wombat

Martin, Harney, Reilly all changed the plans of their immrediate predecessor.
Not correct, Reilly intended going with the Mater.

wombat

Jesus, it was the best clinically, location wise it sucks, as it could take decades to build.....

For me Connolly makes most sense...
Except for the medical expertise