RTE News 19 November 2010

dresden8

Business/Accountancy etc. type students in AIT,

"If the IMF come in"

FFS, they're here you morons.

These are our great leaders of tomorrow.

hmmm

It was interesting to see that the young people were generally positive, feeling that the IMF are here to sort us out.

It's the entitlement junkies who are bleating and moaning. About time.

hmmm

James Reilly staring at the camera during David McCullagh's piece was just plain wrong.

Wrong.
Well it was wrong on two levels,
1. Who was he talking to? When you talk into the camera, you are talking to the viewer. I'm not the government, why is he shouting at me and asking me to resign and,
2. He comes across as a bombastic loud-mouthed parish pump type "typical" Irish politician when he speaks. He's a dreadful spokesman for FG.

justme1

James Reilly staring at the camera during David McCullagh's piece was just plain wrong.

Wrong.
There must me a new Dail expense for staring at things...

FreshStart

Wrong.

Sort of distracted during the news...James Reilly of Fine Gael?

I felt he tried to pull a very disingenuous Pat Rabitte. Is that what you mean? Pat Rabitte's performance felt real. Reilly's looked like vote schmoozing.

ctr

Gormley's statement makes it sound as if it was government policy to bring in the IMF...Muppet!!!

wombat

Why, he's right
He must be wrong, he's in FG.
This is the type of thinking which has got us into the current mess - soundbites and image. I don't give a fiddlers about Pat Rabbitte losing his cool or James Reilly talking at a camera - I want dull and competant people like Richard Bruton or Kieran O'Donnell pursuing conservative policies which will get us out of the mess created by the media stars. We have had 20 years of flash, we need 20 years of boring conservative policies which will allow the state to recover.

d7bohs

It was interesting to see that the young people were generally positive, feeling that the IMF are here to sort us out.
Born collaborators.
The dawn of Vichy Ireland.

new jewell

Misguided and ill informed ,the IMF are here to protect their class interests and make sure that German, French, English bondholders are at the top of the queue in being repaid.You're a sad miserable person who maybe has'nt noticed that the mood worldwide is that this is a bad thing for all workers.Get a life.

Wrong.
Ah jaysus, i's remember sayin to Lennyhun senior before he famussly had mature recollekshun to luk de interviewer in de eye but never look de punter in de eye. De appeel to honestee an akshun does not befit an Oirish politishun. Reilly lukked loike Chewbakka's basatrd son, he's a hairy oaf. De foool....

Jaysus, tings are jus gettin goin at the T42 and de Basss is flowin....

idle tim

So hmmm,would you like to explain who you would place in the category of "Entitlement Junkies"?.

oggy

FF have a Minister and a Junior Minister that make me cringe because of their style
FG have 3 that wind me up the wrong way, Reilly is one of them and tonight he did it again. When he turned his eyes to the camera I felt not for the first time that this idiot is a political twat way out of his depth

Rabbite is the one politician I dislike the most and not because of last night. For years he had this chip on the shoulder sarcastic attitude that was irritating. Thought he had mellowed a bit but last night he really showed his true colours. He gets a senior post in government FF will not rest till revenge is executed

eoghanacht

So hmmm,would you like to explain who you would place in the category of "Entitlement Junkies"?.
Evryone thats not him basically and i could be wrong here but i think thats the same poster who was frothing out of the mouth about celtic tiger cubs and the need to take them down a peg or two.

eoghanacht

He gets a senior post in government FF will not rest till revenge is executed
Ye still don't get it oggy.

It's thinking like that that got us in this mess, no plan for recovery, just contempt and talk of revenge.

How deluded ye have become.

Merovingian

Well it was wrong on two levels,
1. Who was he talking to? When you talk into the camera, you are talking to the viewer. I'm not the government, why is he shouting at me and asking me to resign and,
2. He comes across as a bombastic loud-mouthed parish pump type "typical" Irish politician when he speaks. He's a dreadful spokesman for FG.
+1. Dr Bluffer.

New Threads