• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

RTE Player is the biggest load of rubbish!

Old Irish

I have to watch my RTE programmes (news etc) on RTE Player. I still pay a TV licence fee in Ireland before anyone gets on their high horse about that. Seriously though its torture having to rely on it. It just doesn't work properly, and no its nothing to do with my internet connection.

Does anyone else out there agree? Its driving me bonkers. In the words of The Savage Eye - Why is the RTE Player so sh**!? :mad:

Trampas

Can anybody say why the blasted "RTE Player" screen pops up uninvited while I am watching something on cable ? Takes ages to get rid of it. Could easily miss a goal or two.

chriskavo

It's definitely your broadband.

chriskavo

How so ? Phone line and TV are separate.

The speed of his broadband, if its slow it usually doesn't buffer properly. I use 50 mbs and have never experienced a problem.

chriskavo

Maybe if I block pop ups it could stop it from malfunctioning?
No harm in trying that - disconnect your cable and reconnect it in to another port. Clear your cookies and internet history and also make sure that all your cables are screwed in tightly.

Colin M

If you took the word 'player' out of your title, you would be 100% right.

Analyzer

Not just Pravda/RTE player that is rubbish.

The entire quango stinks.

Analyzer

I have to watch my RTE programmes (news etc) on RTE Player. I still pay a TV licence fee in Ireland before anyone gets on their high horse about that. Seriously though its torture having to rely on it. It just doesn't work properly, and no its nothing to do with my internet connection.

Does anyone else out there agree? Its driving me bonkers. In the words of The Savage Eye - Why is the RTE Player so sh**!? :mad:
Loser.

R3volution_R3ady

Because you're propping up mindless propaganda.

And paying for mediocre talent (that wouldn't last five minutes in the market) leech millions away from a sedated audience. If you refuse, you're sent to prison.

milestogo

I have a 100MB connection and RTE Player is shyte for the past month.
Try this link for live broadcasts.
Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online

I download missed programmes from Irish Torrents.

corporal punishment

Because you're propping up mindless propaganda.

And paying for mediocre talent (that wouldn't last five minutes in the market) leech millions away from a sedated audience. If you refuse, you're sent to prison.
All of that, also we don't believe you. Only joking, kind of. The buffering issue is your broadband speed, mine buffers like crazy.
What annoys me about RTE.ie is how badly laid out and convoluted the website is. A 12 year old could design a better homepage.

Crazy horse 6

Lol You pay the licence fee.

alanwade

You can watch Rugby, Football, Soccer and your favorite sports live with RTE player with Irish IP’s. There are many VPN providers that offer Irish IP’s but RTE player didn’t work with every VPN provider that offers Irish IP. If you have tried it so, you might have come up with errors. The only reason is every VPN is not compatible with RTE player. PureVPN is among those few providers that offers compatibility with RTE player. For best RTE experience we recommend PureVPN.

Monday Monday

RTE player is a pile of poo.

Low res and ad breaks in the stream just like TV.

Pathetic.

Ribeye

yep, i agree, total crap,

the only thing i actually wanted to watch on rte this year was Love / Hate, i missed one episode and watched it on the player the next day, it cut off with 15 mins to go,

"seeth"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies