• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

RTE pro-abortion pro-Labour Producer bias ?

Big Brother

I don't agree with David Quinn's world view except perhaps on right to life issues.

But I don't think he deserves to be called a "poisonous c**t" either.

I like to believe we are civilized enought to disagree with each other politely.

Not so an RTE producer who - in a defence of the Labour party (what you'd expect from anyone in RTE)- tweeted this:

Radio producer under fire for vulgar tweet - National News - Independent.ie

But is this isolatd or just the tip of the iceberg?

Was - like Aoife Kavanagh - this guy just unfairly hung out to dry because he was a freelancer and can be gotten rid of?

The real question is whether this mindset is deeply entrenched in the culture of RTE

It seems clear to me that recent problems in RTE are only revealing the tip of an iceberg of bias accumulated over decades.

That bias must be dealt with now.

Sync

I think we need a new forum for people getting all pissy about what some idiot posts on Twitter and then thinking it's somehow symbolic of something more.

I love how in the space of the last 3 lines of your ridiculous OP you move from asking a question on bias, to declaring there IS bias, to demanding action be taken over bias.

Stupid people write stupid things on Twitter. The real question is if they're dumber than the people who read too into those writings.

Bill

that dude is not an RTE employee

The_SR

So freelancer who does occasional work for RTE is at home listening to radio, tweets something about said show and you want RTE's 'bias' dealt with?

Christ. On. A. Honda.

Mercurial

He should apologize to Quinn and that should be the end of it.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Offical Sinn Fein/The Worker's Party disguised as Labour up to their old skull duggery ?? Old habits die hard as they say.

Now we'll hear the paranoia of SFers !!!! Clearly RTE favors it's ' special interest groups

Marian Finucane Show "guests" political affiliations on the show from Feb 2011-May 2012
Fine Gael: 35
Fianna Fail:19
Labour: 15
Ind/Sp/ULA/PbP: 28
Sinn Féin: 2 !!!!

justreadin

What not forgive him, turn the other cheek , this is a catholic country... isn't it?

The Field Marshal

I think we need a new forum for people getting all pissy about what some idiot posts on Twitter and then thinking it's somehow symbolic of something more.

I love how in the space of the last 3 lines of your ridiculous OP you move from asking a question on bias, to declaring there IS bias, to demanding action be taken over bias.

Stupid people write stupid things on Twitter. The real question is if they're dumber than the people who read too into those writings.
RTE is suffused with anti catholic venom and bias.

This is obvious from the high levels of station airtime devoted to undermining the status and teaching authority of the catholic church.

'orebel

Ya, but Quinn is a poisonous c**t though.

Victor Meldrew

For using the C word...

He is entitled to his opinion of Mr Quinn, his Institute, His influence and his lack of a democratic mandate to spout such stuff. No different than Decko.

At least Ronan Mullen has been elected (and yes, I know the Seanad has "democracy issues" )

'orebel

Tea Shark

RTE is suffused with anti catholic venom and bias.

This is obvious from the high levels of station airtime devoted to undermining the status and teaching authority of the catholic church.
Reality tv?

Sync

Oh I don't know. If I were RTE I wouldn't be doing any more business with him. The guy's an idiot. Why hire idiots?

Mitsui2

I don't agree with David Quinn's world view except perhaps on right to life issues.

But I don't think he deserves to be called a "poisonous c**t" either.

I like to believe we are civilized enought to disagree with each other politely.

Not so an RTE producer who - in a defence of the Labour party (what you'd expect from anyone in RTE)- tweeted this:

Radio producer under fire for vulgar tweet - National News - Independent.ie

But is this isolatd or just the tip of the iceberg?

Was - like Aoife Kavanagh - this guy just unfairly hung out to dry because he was a freelancer and can be gotten rid of?

The real question is whether this mindset is deeply entrenched in the culture of RTE

It seems clear to me that recent problems in RTE are only revealing the tip of an iceberg of bias accumulated over decades.

That bias must be dealt with now.
"Big Brother is watching RTE" just doesn't have the same ring to it as the original, somehow.

Mitsui2

Oh I don't know. If I were RTE I wouldn't be doing any more business with him. The guy's an idiot. Why hire idiots?
Since when has idiocy stopped RTE from hiring someone, Sync?