• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

RTE Publishes BAI Frontline Enquiry Working Document

jmcc

poolfan81

Nice timing - anything happening tomorrow to make sure this doesn't get much coverage

jmcc

Nice timing - anything happening tomorrow to make sure this doesn't get much coverage
Yep. One might think that they really don't want the full story of the Frontline fiasco told.

Regards...jmcc

ruserious

Bagman was caught lying. The means certified the ends in that we avoided a liar as president.

ruserious

Was he?

The subversion of democracy was justified in your opinion?

Regards...jmcc
[video=youtube;uUhFdi7iRL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUhFdi7iRL0[/video]

Look at this video. At 5.00 Min in, Gallagher denies he got a cheque.
At 7.40 Min in, There is now a strong possibility there was a cheque.

The fact he denied first and then changed to 'if' suggests he was lying.

I dunno how a mistake by the editorial team subverts democracy.

dresden8

[video=youtube;uuhfdi7irl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuhfdi7irl0[/video]

look at this video. At 5.00 min in, gallagher denies he got a cheque.
At 7.40 min in, there is now a strong possibility there was a cheque.

envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallagher's campaign finished 7:37 into that precisely.

The laughter.

jmcc

[Look at this video. At 5.00 Min in, Gallagher denies he got a cheque.
At 7.40 Min in, There is now a strong possibility there was a cheque.

He does not know and did not remember.

A bit more than one "mistake". There was a clear pattern of subversion with the no-hoper Labour candidate Higgins being given a continually easy time by RTE. Then there are the Labour connections of the production team. If this was any other country, there would be investigative journalists ripping this to shreds to get at the truth. However the Dublin media seem strangely uninterested. I believe that the people have the right to decide and more importantly, the people have a right to know.

Regards...jmcc

dresden8

Well, I can clearly remember not collecting envelopes for FF because I never have.

Gallagher seems unable to make that statement. I wonder why.

ruserious

If I did not know something and I was running for office, I would not give a blanket No to a question which could come back and bite you.

jmcc

Well, I can clearly remember not collecting envelopes for FF because I never have.

Gallagher seems unable to make that statement. I wonder why.
Panic? Not being able to remember? Being set up? The three things that seems to be missing in this story is the identity, motivation and political affiliation of the originator of the tweet.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

If I did not know something and I was running for office, I would not give a blanket No to a question which could come back and bite you.
All very easy to say when not in the spotlight. Gallagher was not a professional politician and it showed.

Regards...jmcc

dresden8

Panic? Not being able to remember? Being set up? The three things that seems to be missing in this story is the identity, motivation and political affiliation of the originator of the tweet.

Regards...jmcc
Rubbish.

If you have never collected envelopes for FF you'd know. Straight off.

jmcc

I don't know. I've never bought or sold raffle tickets for either party.

There you go, see how easy that was?
Yes but it doesn't answer the question. :) What you did is a classic politician's trick in replying to a question that was not asked. Have you ever considered a career in politics?

Regards...jmcc

dresden8

Yes but it doesn't answer the question. :) What you did is a classic politician's trick in replying to a question that was not asked. Have you ever considered a career in politics?

Regards...jmcc
Damn, you must be a shinnerbot.

Gallagher wasn't asked what FF or FG did. He was asked what he did himself personally. He should know what he did.

So no, you haven't proved your point and you are still wrong.

But you seem to be determined to have the last word so I'll let you have it.

Vega1447

All very easy to say when not in the spotlight. Gallagher was not a professional politician and it showed.

Regards...jmcc
Jmcc.
Gallagher was a FF stooge.
He got caught out, stumbled and fell.

I am glad that he was caught out.

You?

Regards....

jmcc

Perhaps it is just journalistic instincts that die hard, but I am more interested in what went on and how events were manipulated. I believe that the people have a right to decide and that democracy should be respected. I do not trust RTE. I do not trust the Labour Party. This show was a complete fiasco and there was, in my opinion, a clear and obvious pro-Higgins bias. This was unacceptable and I would say the same thing had the programme been biased in favour of any other candidate. So Gallagher was FF. He still should have been given a fair hearing and the people should have been left to decide.

Regards...jmcc

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies