RTE Radio 1 Doc: Orangeman in Dublin

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
The OO did always claim to exist in 9 of the counties in the Republic.

Dublin, Wicklow, Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan, Leitrim and Cork i know of, wonder what the other 2 are.

Schomberg

What a middle finger to their Catholic neighbors in Leitrim.
sure thing :roll:

The OO did always claim to exist in 9 of the counties in the Republic.

Dublin, Wicklow, Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan, Leitrim and Cork i know of, wonder what the other 2 are.
They are probably referring to lodges. There is no lodge in Cork anymore, which given how much of an Orange stronghold that place was for centuries is surprising. I don't believe it will be Orangeless for long though.

There are Orangemen in almost every county in the republic of Ireland, Dublin, the border counties and Cork being the strongest.

Estragon

Listened to that documentary and it was the most odious load of tripe I've heard in some time. RTE must have gone through their next five years supplies of soft soap producing that treacle.

biffo50

As regards Travellers who are C of I, I think that in some cases there has been intermarriage with English Gypsies.

borntorum

As regards Travellers who are C of I, I think that in some cases there has been intermarriage with English Gypsies.
I bet they still made the trip to Knock to see Joe the Visionary :)

Boy M5

On again on Radio 1 now (Wednesday 14th July) 22.00

diy01

Why the obsession with the British Monarchy and the Union Flag amongst these Dubs? Ireland wasn't even part of the United Kingdom when the Orange Order was founded. It's about much more than Protestantism.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies